Sign in to follow this  

This may seem harsh but I''ve no sympathy for people without a ticket.

We''ve been in the play offs for a while and people knew tickets would be hard to get. For the sake of £20 people have missed out.

When I played football I had a super membership which made it worth it for Ipswich at home, alone!

Prior planning and preparation peeps!

I honestly couldn''t agree more, this whole ''''no general sale'''' milarky is doing my nut in!I personally think it''s a good move from the club to issue the tickets the way the have. Everyone knew that tickets would be hard to come by if we reached the final so, the club gave plenty of warning that you could purchase priority memberships for £20.00 (all of which is going to the club we all love) and I think that is a small price to pay for what would effectively got you a ticket!Since purchasing my ticket Saturday evening I have logged in a couple of times to see the current availability and even late Tuesday evening there were ample seats to be snapped up!

I''m sorry for the people that did the right thing then failed to get one because of a computer problem, but yes overall you are right, the club managed it well.

They also made a few quid from the memberships so good on em.

[quote user="The Young One"]Just wondering what sort of person feels the need to start a new thread with those comments .[/quote]A genuinely nice bloke, who I happen to know spent time getting tickets for mates.Hope that helps.

Agreed OP, since 2002 I''ve always had some form of super priority membership every season  for this very reason, I accept that it must be disappointing but to whine and rant about it will garner no sympathy from me, to have missed out is ultimately your own fault.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="The Young One"]Just wondering what sort of person feels the need to start a new thread with those comments .[/quote]A genuinely nice bloke, who I happen to know spent time getting tickets for mates.Hope that helps.[/quote]

Thanks bud [Y]

Glad you''re back for Monday!

I agree the club have got it right in many ways, especially the fact that no general sale meant that no touts (except those wishing to spend the time to setup multiple accounts at £20 a pop) were able to get tickets.

What would have been nice, was that instead of memberships, it was anyone with a purchase history this season. Once the timeframe for season ticket holders and members had passed, it should have been available to anyone who had purchased a ticket that season.

You''re never going to please everyone but I do think the club have got it mostly right with this. Especially when you see that Middlesbrough had to stop selling tickets for a bit as they''d let down their season ticket holders.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="The Young One"]Just wondering what sort of person feels the need to start a new thread with those comments .[/quote]A genuinely nice bloke, who I happen to know spent time getting tickets for mates.Hope that helps.[/quote]Tickets for Wembley for fans who didn''t qualify by virtue of a season ticket or priority membership? I don''t want to jump to conclusions but if that is what you mean then he has been getting tickets for people for whom he is professing no sympathy. For fans he says are guilty of "poor planning and preparation".

I think the biggest issue was the lack of communication.

The club could have made it a lot clearer that there were no plans for a general sale of tickets.

The fact they needed to make additional statements clarifying things meant the message wasn''t clearly communicated initially.

Also the fact the club changed the system half way through, by suddenly announcing 2015/16 memberships half way through confused things.

There was never going to be a way where every fan who wanted a ticket could get one - but the fact people were relying on personal favours shows it maybe wasn''t the fairest system. It''s all well and good saying people should have bought a membership, but before the Ipswich game there was a chance that would be the last game of the season and the £20 membership would be worthless pretty quickly.

One of the top comments on the Norwich ccount yesterday was some woman saying "where are the general release tickets for those of us that want to support our city"

Just random people from Norwich demanding a ticket!

I went to see Norwich play Hartlepool when we were league one and had an awesome time as I always do so forgive me if I don''t feel too sympathetic. If only Wembley was bigger!

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Friend/friends that had a priority membership but had struggled to get a ticket due to work/holidays etc.

I had the time yesterday to do it unlike those that didn''t, but see your point.[/quote]I don''t want to belabour the point, but I am not quite sure I follow that. If they already had priority membership then they had five whole days from last Saturday to get online, or phone up, and book tickets, or get you or someone else to do that for them before yesterday''s rush. The only reason for doing it yesterday evening was for those lacking foresight who suddenly paid for priority membership in a last-ditch attempt to get tickets at a time when demand far exceeded supply.If the situation was that they thought they couldn''t attend but then suddenly found they could then presumably they had it in their own hands, as long-standing priority members, to go online or queue and book tickets yesterday, or even before yesterday, rather than have you do it for them. Unless there was some advantage  to you doing it.

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="morty"][quote user="The Young One"]Just wondering what sort of person feels the need to start a new thread with those comments .[/quote]A genuinely nice bloke, who I happen to know spent time getting tickets for mates.Hope that helps.[/quote]

Thanks bud [Y]

Glad you''re back for Monday![/quote]Me too! Turned down 5 days extra work to be back, wouldn''t have missed it for anything!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="The Young One"]Just wondering what sort of person feels the need to start a new thread with those comments .[/quote]A genuinely nice bloke, who I happen to know spent time getting tickets for mates.Hope that helps.[/quote]Tickets for Wembley for fans who didn''t qualify by virtue of a season ticket or priority membership? I don''t want to jump to conclusions but if that is what you mean then he has been getting tickets for people for whom he is professing no sympathy. For fans he says are guilty of "poor planning and preparation".[/quote]But you will anyway.....

[quote user="can u sit down please"]You don''t need anymore money haha[/quote][:D][Y]

Still can''t see the point in this thread, I bit like I,m alright,but I''ll rub salt in a few people''s wounds.Mind you a few people on this forum are so up themselves. You may not know who you are, but others will.For the avoidance of any doubt i,m sorted so don''t need any sympathy.

General sale tickets can end up anywhere. There were problems with the segregation at the 2012 West Ham v Blackpool play off. Blackpool tickets went on general sale meaning a lot of West Hams bought tickets and ended up in the wrong end.

I think the club handled this well - meaning those attending will be City fans.

Fond memories of Hartlepool as well Buh. It wasn''t you that fell onto the pitch from the terrace and needed the first aid was it?

[quote user="The Young One"]Still can''t see the point in this thread, I bit like I,m alright,but I''ll rub salt in a few people''s wounds.Mind you a few people on this forum are so up themselves. You may not know who you are, but others will.For the avoidance of any doubt i,m sorted so don''t need any sympathy.[/quote]I think the point is mainly that there are a lot of people crying about not getting tickets, and you wonder just how much effort / legwork they put into trying to get them. I would like to think that most fans, however infrequently they attend, would know at least one season ticket holder who can sort them out, its not like we''re a rarity.

Because I''m sick of reading everywhere "oh I haven''t got a ticket, the club messed up".

When in fact they aren''t regular goers to games and th club have handled the situation well.

People that know me on here, know I''ll have a moan but I cannot fault it.

If people "badly" wanted one they would''ve got one.

CUSDP/Morty - I''m afraid I have to agree with you lads here, I don''t get this outcry at all - even the club themselves moved the goalposts to help people out by putting 2015/16 priority memberships on sale so anyone with previous purchase history could get on it. So basically I think it was as fair a system as I''ve seen really. Of course, those that didn''t have any history with the club couldn''t buy a 2015/16 (or this years) PM in the first place so that says something to me at least. I just hope anyone who loves NCFC in whatever capacity has managed, or does manage, to get a ticket for what I''m quietly confident will be an absolutely monumental moment in Canary history... 2-1 City, Hooper to get it late on. OTBC

Young One. To be fair, this forum hasn`t been too bad, but the stream of semi-literate moans under some of the press articles about ticketing is embarrassing. Basically "I`m a loyal, passionate supporter who goes to at least a couple of games a season but "forgot" to become a member. Now where is my ticket?! They should`ve gone on general sale so touts could`ve bought them all and I could then have had a proper good whinge about that...."

I sorted out two people who were very sad that they looked like missing out, but I can assure you they weren`t whinging because 60,000 doesn`t fit into 39,000 or that those who can prove a connection to the club very obviously get priority.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="The Young One"]Still can''t see the point in this thread, I bit like I,m alright,but I''ll rub salt in a few people''s wounds.Mind you a few people on this forum are so up themselves. You may not know who you are, but others will.For the avoidance of any doubt i,m sorted so don''t need any sympathy.[/quote]I think the point is mainly that there are a lot of people crying about not getting tickets, and you wonder just how much effort / legwork they put into trying to get them. I would like to think that most fans, however infrequently they attend, would know at least one season ticket holder who can sort them out, its not like we''re a rarity.

[/quote]But that was not the OP''s point, which was that anyone wanting a ticket

who wasn''t a season ticket holder or already a priority member should

have paid £20 to be sure of getting one ("
We''ve been in the play offs for a while and people knew tickets would be

hard to get. For the sake of £20 people have missed out"
), Which I agree with (and I also

think the club has generally handled this well apart from the non-relevance of away points).But what

evidently has happened is that people who couldn''t be bothered to pay

£20, and so by the OP''s standards are undeserving, are getting to

Wembley, thanks to the help of who they know, when they have no more moral right (and even possibly less) than the ones the OP has been

slagging off. And yet seems to have sold a ticket to just such a

person:
"I bought an extra one under my ST and sold it face value to the first person that wanted it."Presumably this fan either didn''t qualify by way of not being bothered to pay £20 or was buying for someone else who didn''t qualify.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="The Young One"]Still can''t see the point in this thread, I bit like I,m alright,but I''ll rub salt in a few people''s wounds.Mind you a few people on this forum are so up themselves. You may not know who you are, but others will.For the avoidance of any doubt i,m sorted so don''t need any sympathy.[/quote]I think the point is mainly that there are a lot of people crying about not getting tickets, and you wonder just how much effort / legwork they put into trying to get them. I would like to think that most fans, however infrequently they attend, would know at least one season ticket holder who can sort them out, its not like we''re a rarity.

[/quote]But that was not the OP''s point, which was that anyone wanting a ticket

who wasn''t a season ticket holder or already a priority member should

have paid £20 to be sure of getting one ("
We''ve been in the play offs for a while and people knew tickets would be

hard to get. For the sake of £20 people have missed out"
), Which I agree with (and I also

think the club has generally handled this well apart from the non-relevance of away points).But what

evidently has happened is that people who couldn''t be bothered to pay

£20, and so by the OP''s standards are undeserving, are getting to

Wembley, thanks to the help of who they know, when they have no more moral right (and even possibly less) than the ones the OP has been

slagging off. And yet seems to have sold a ticket to just such a

person:
"I bought an extra one under my ST and sold it face value to the first person that wanted it."Presumably this fan either didn''t qualify by way of not being bothered to pay £20 or was buying for someone else who didn''t qualify.[/quote]Well I happen to know one of the tickets he bought was for a friend currently holidaying in America.Is that okay with you?