Sign in to follow this  
raunds canary

Train /tube

If there is a train strike, the London Underground will be affected in a few places, so people need to check that before they travel.  Added to that the London Overground service which goes through Wembley Central will not be running if there is a strike.   Other than that the Underground should be running ok. Cockfosters should be ok, change at Kings Cross.  

I live in Cambs and often use Cockfosters when driving down to London. Big car park.Getting there means driving past High Barnet which has a much smaller car park but I usually check it on the way past.Both Tube lines involve a change at Kings Cross for the Metropolitan line to Wembley Park

Does anyone know if the tube services from Central London ie Victoria up to Wembley will be affected by this? And is anyone else travelling from the South via National Express?

https://www.tfl.gov.uk/campaign/network-rail-strike

If the strike goes ahead, it will affect services on Monday, Tuesday and into Wednesday morning. For more information visit nationalrail.co.uk/industrialaction

No Transport for London or London Underground staff will be on strike and so the vast majority of our services will run as normal. However, as some of these rely on Network Rail signals and power supply, if the industrial action goes ahead, the following services will be affected on Monday, Tuesday and into Wednesday morning:

•Bakerloo line: trains will not run north of Queen''s Park

•District line: there will be no service between Wimbledon and Putney Bridge after 17:00 on Monday and all day Tuesday. There will be no service between Turnham Green and Richmond all day on Monday and Tuesday

•Waterloo & City line: no service

•London Overground: no services will run, except between Dalston Junction and New Cross/New Cross Gate which will operate from 08:00 and 13:00 on Monday and 08:00 and 17:00 on Tuesday

Some London Underground and DLR stations, particularly those in south London, as well as the entire tram network, are expected to be much busier than usual and managed queuing systems may be in place. You may wish to stagger your journey even if you do not normally use National Rail services.

We will operate around 100 additional bus services, mainly in south London. National Rail tickets will be accepted on our Tube and bus services on reasonable alternative routes.

We will be suspending roadworks wherever possible however we expect there to be heavy traffic in central London, particularly during peak hours.

Please check before you travel. For the latest updates, follow @TflTravelAlerts on Twitter.

[quote user="Alex "]Does anyone know if the tube services from Central London ie Victoria up to Wembley will be affected by this? And is anyone else travelling from the South via National Express?[/quote]

Only issue is the Bakerloo line which goes to Wembley Central.  Avoid that by taking a different route to Wembley Park.

You''ll have no issues getting from Victoria. Best bet would be to catch the Victoria line (northbound) one stop to Green Park, then the Jubilee line (northbound) to Wembley Park. The other option is you fancy a nice walk through Green Park is to do just that straight to Green Park tube.

Cheers Matt and LDC - having spent many years living in Cockneyland on and off, I should really know better! Thanks again folks

As long as you don''t take the last parking space at Amersham before we get there, I''d say it''s a great idea! I believe the station carpark is also free on a bank holiday (400 spaces).

I''m heading down on Sunday and staying in a Travelodge about 7-8miles from Wembley. Planning on taking a stroll across London, stopping for lunch on the way, then soaking up the atmosphere the closer I get.

Cannot wait.

There is always also options to park away from Wembley and catch a bus in.

Brent Cross shopping centre (free parking) and get a nr 182. Its about a 10min bus ride.

Look at other areas such as Neasden, cricklewood and catch a bus.   

Would parking at watford and getting the tube in be effected by this? Believe it''s on the same line as wembley