Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Edwards

Proud of My Football Family

Great read and funnily enough, despite living in Kilburn at the time I didn''t get to the ''85 League Cup Final. I did get to Live Aid in July ''85 with my wife-to-be and that event was, arguably, a better use of the old stadium.

Like you, this year I am taking my son to the Wembley though he doesn''t realise what a rare event it is. I went last year in the posh seats as a guest of Fleetwood Town for the Div 2 play-off final. This year we''re in the gods (LV5) which looks a bit like Tottenham seats for away fans, ie good vision albeit from above.

Here''s looking down at you!

That''s the best one you''ve done yet Duncan, it brought a lump to my throat and brought back all sorts of memories when I used to go to the footy as a youngster with my Dad.

I really think that Archant should offer you a column next season, your blogs are a joy to read and you''re a natural

Great read, really enjoyed that. The league cup was a couple of years before I was born, but will be going on Monday with my Dad and my mate from primary school who was a Villa fan until I taught him the error of his ways aged 7 (he literally has no connection with Norwich aside from that, we grew up 200 miles away! He kept the faith with NCFC even though I lost touch with him for about 10 years and he even converted his brother and his Dad too!). Can''t wait. Seeing Wembley Way covered in Yellow and Green has been something I''ve only ever been able to dream of!

Great read, and in particular like the 3 generations, we are doing similar this time with our family, and believe the memories of this weekend will stay for many years. Well written.

Nice read Duncan, i was a mere 20 yrs old the last visit and little did i know the next visit with our beloved club wouldn''t come round again until i was 50. So all you young fans reading this i''d urge you to get there by hook or by crook because the next chance you get may be a while.