Sign in to follow this  
Dubai Mark

City ex-pat supporters going to Wembley?

Now this is certainly going to attract the "plastic" comments I guess!

But, I''m interested to know from where our ex-pat supporter''s will be travelling to see the match at Wembley on Monday?

I will be at Wembley travelling from Dubai on Sunday, as will many other "UAE Canaries"

So, who is going to make the longest journey?

Just a short trip from Bergen, Norway for me, via Prague for some gambling and bingedrinking first.

Cut short the Prague trip to see Norwich at Wembley for the first time in my 30 years of supporting the team.

As for "plastics" , I guess foreign fans spend much more money supporting Norwich than many of the locals.

How many Norwich born and bred can boast travelling to a foreign country to see their team live 8-10 times per season?

grefstad wrote the following post at 21/05/2015 9:10 PM:

Just a short trip from Bergen, Norway for me, via Prague for some gambling and bingedrinking first.

Cut short the Prague trip to see Norwich at Wembley for the first time in my 30 years of supporting the team.

As for "plastics" , I guess foreign fans spend much more money supporting Norwich than many of the locals.

How many Norwich born and bred can boast travelling to a foreign country to see their team live 8-10 times per season?

Were you at the Brentford away game, the chap behind me had come over from Norway for the game and we had a chat, it could have been you!!😄

Here we go again with the "I''m a better fan than you" bollox! This time from expats and canaries abroad. Where will it all end...

Lol crabs buddy :) I''m just trying to work out whether I''ve got any chance of being included in one of these superior groups ;)

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]8-10 times grefstad? Blimey, I doff my hat to you

You must have a VERY understanding wife , and a VERY well paid job![/quote]

I do make a decent living, and the 15 year relationship went bust 2 years ago, likely as a result of my "footballing interests" ;)

On a serious note, if anything is worth the hard earned money spent on it, the trips to England to watch Norwich, is certainly one of them.

I live in Norwich but am planning on having a day trip to the international space station before making my way to Wembley from there. Seems it''s a wasted journey now that the trains are running but I wasn''t willing to risk it.

Oh, and I''m walking to Cape Canaveral first.

In all seriousness, it doesn''t matter if we''re making the trip from Norwich, Norway or Neptune. We all want the same result and money spent, miles covered or anything else pale in significance. Fair play to everyone making the trip and COME ON YOU YELLOWS!!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Lol crabs buddy :) I''m just trying to work out whether I''ve got any chance of being included in one of these superior groups ;)[/quote]Would that be the Outer Circle?