Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Lets not fall out with the Boro fans this week

i have nothing against Middlesbrough. Indeed I have no real view on Middlesbrough as a club at all. That''s not meant to be a dig but more the fact our paths have not crossed that often in key games during my supporting lifetime.

Lets reign in a bit of the slagging them off. I didn;t like how they played after going ahead at Carrow Road a few weeks ago but I suppose if the boot was on the other foot and we''d won one nil away there then we would have said it was a job well done. Thats their manager''s style. the grind out wins and know how to be cynical when they need to be but to be fair i''ve also seen them play some good stuff this season, especially at home.

Its 30 years since we last went to Wembley. To get there we beat the sc*m in a two legged semi final with the second leg at home. We then played a North East team who play in red and white in the final. Lets hope the outcome is the same and the atmosphere on the day is the same!

I suspect these are not genuine Boro fans, but sad little binners trying to stir the crap. Best thing is to IGNORE them, and focus on Wembley.

You beat me to it Jim - was literally about to post something similar. Don''t understand why there seems to be so much stuff flying around between both sets of fans as if it''s Wolves or Leeds or someone.

We''ve never had an issue with ''boro fans, I''ve known a fair few and always found them good natured and good for a laugh. It just looks like fans are bitter over that one result they had down at CR. We all know that counts for nothing and if anything, the way they played that day only shows how much they feared and respected us. They got an own goal and then shut the game down because they didn''t want us to play our game. Besides, nothing to do with the fans how the manager chooses to play.

As Jim says, let''s make it another friendly final!

There is no way this will be a friendly final as so much rides on it.

The best we can hope for is a fair game with no bad decisions deciding it either way.

A cup final 30 years ago is a long way from a Championship play off final. This game will have a massive effect on both clubs over the next 10 years.

No reason it can''t be friendly whatever is riding on it. Support the team, nothing changes after the final whistle no matter how fans behave.

I remember when both sets of fans would stop at the end of the cup final to applaud the winners lap of honour. A lot of families will be going to the game and they should be able to enjoy a good atmosphere. Being ungracious in victory or defeat doesn''t make a person a more passionate supporter.

Boro fan here and great post, can''t agree more. As ammunition you have our ''tactics'' at CR and some numpties from Boro posting confrontational posts on your forum as ammunition..on the whole Boro fans are better than that as you will see if you visit the oneboro forum. I don''t usually do forums but it''s fair to say this Wembley thing is proving difficult to ignore. Good knows what work will get done this week in Teesside and Norfolk !

Anyway, good to hear a friendly voice and I hope the best team on the day wins and whatever the result good luck for the future

Well said Jimmy - totally agree. I''ve got nothing at all against Boro fans - and in my experience they''re often some of the loudest and most passionate fans who visit Carrow Road. The final against Sunderland 30 years ago was a great day out and the spirit amongst the supporters of both clubs was a tribute to both teams. Lets have more of the same on Monday win or lose. It''s a game of football at the end of the day.

My friends in Yarm will be there and I hope to meet up if time allows before the game. Good bunch the Boro lot and it''s not their fault how the team got the result against us!

Looking forward to a good final and hope to celebrate a win, but it will be on the pitch and down to each set of players.

Enjoy the day and have fun.

I have nothing against Boro fans as a whole, but I was disgusted by their team''s antics at CR, and if the odd little knobhead wants to pop up in here trying to stir the pot, then he gets what he deserves back.

out of all the Boro fans that have decided sign up to this forum all but one of them have been complete (unts....those are the people who deserve to be knocked down a few pegs out of their @rseholes....imo.

If you give it out, then you''ve got to take it

I will, like other Boro fans respond to any ''digs'' at out club

I wish nothing but a great day out for all those going to the game and a game worthy of the occasion.

I would like to say may the best team win, but I wouldn''t care less if we got battered and won 1-0

Win lose or draw, I am sure many a pint will be shared with both sets of supporters.

[quote user="BigJim7"]I will, like other Boro fans respond to any ''digs'' at out club

I wish nothing but a great day out for all those going to the game and a game worthy of the occasion.

I would like to say may the best team win, but I wouldn''t care less if we got battered and won 1-0

Win lose or draw, I am sure many a pint will be shared with both sets of supporters.[/quote]What do you expect when you come onto a rival fans forum, with other fans, swinging your balls?

[quote user="poguemahone"]I must have missed the" ball swinging" its all being quite tame really[/quote]For "tame" read "boring", all this "My club is better than your club" really is pretty lame.Like I said on another thread, most people here are massively indifferent about Middlesboro, or however you spell it..

BigJim7 wrote the following post at 21/05/2015 11:44 PM:I will, like other Boro fans respond to any ''digs'' at out club

Win lose or draw, I am sure many a pint will be shared with both sets of supporters.

--------------------------------------------

I''m sure a few pints will be shared, however, if Boro fans come to this forum just to stir it up like most of them have, I''m afraid they can expect us to have a ''dig'' back. I don''t like this ''my club is better and bigger than you''re club'' nonsense, but the amount of Boro fans who show themselves up to be a bit...special, is quite staggering, I''m sure, generally speaking, they don''t all sound as thick as most of the Boro fans on here do.