Sign in to follow this  
Matt Juler

Thank you Chris Hughton

I''ve been actively watching City for the best part of 20 years. As a kid I went to the odd game and was luckily enough to be one of those "plastics" at the home match against Bayern Munich, but for me my Norwich City journey really started when I left East Anglia to go to university in 1999. Being in the south this opened up local away trips to all the London clubs, and making new friends who supported clubs all over the country I had many great weekends going to new grounds and using the football as an excuse for a day out.

The first big highlight for me was the run to the playoff final in Cardiff. I remember the last home game of the season, the Stockport keeper getting sent off after 30 seconds and trying to keep tabs of what was happening at Burnley. Then home and away against Wolves before what is still for me, despite the result, the highlight of supporting City the final at Cardiff. The stadium half yellow, half blue with such a great atmosphere and for those few minutes after Iwan scored the dream was well and truly alive.

Two years later I really remember Wigan at home. Hucks had scored a great solo goal then Mathias Svensson bent one in from 30 yards. After promotion Newcastle Away, two nil down and coming back to two-two with the chants of "Norwich Are Back". Then Man Utd at home, our first big scalp for many years and what nearly proved to be the catalyst for the great escape before our capitulation at Fulham on the final day.

Obviously the Lambert years were great. League One was fun, winning most weeks and I''ll always remember that night in Portsmouth from the moment someone said this weekend''s opponents Middlesbrough were 3-0 up at Cardiff, Jackson''s goal and the celebrations at full time.

Those who know me, either in real life or from reading my drivel on here, will know that I didn''t enjoy football under Chris Hughton, but he did make the one thing missing from my Norwich City bucket list possible, a trip to Wembley! I''ve been fortunate enough to see England play at least a dozen times at the new Wembley and every time I get a buzz when I walk out to my seat. I''m trying to imagine what it will feel like to see a sea of yellow and green, I really can''t wait!

I really can not wait! OTBC.

Been supporting Norwich for over 30 years and as a boy of 12 my Dad took me to Wembley for the Milk Cup Final(to this day I cannot for the life of me see how he afforded it) but that has to go down as the best footballing day of my life. Even the European run doesnt surpass that, so Monday I''m taking my two teenage season ticket holding daughters to Wembley for what I hope will be the best footballing day of their lives. They are in for one hell of an away day, I find myself trying to explain what it will be like having been to Old Trafford, Anfield, Stamford Bridge and The Etihad they have experienced away days but never 40,000 people singing On The Ball City nor the sea of yellow and green...... I''m getting goose bumps just thinking about it.

To my fellow Norwich supporters lets have a fantastic day and take the roof off Wembley and to our Boro counterparts may I extend the hand of friendship and may the best team win.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]I''ve been actively watching City for the best part of 20 years. As a kid I went to the odd game and was luckily enough to be one of those "plastics" at the home match against Bayern Munich, but for me my Norwich City journey really started when I left East Anglia to go to university in 1999. Being in the south this opened up local away trips to all the London clubs, and making new friends who supported clubs all over the country I had many great weekends going to new grounds and using the football as an excuse for a day out. The first big highlight for me was the run to the playoff final in Cardiff. I remember the last home game of the season, the Stockport keeper getting sent off after 30 seconds and trying to keep tabs of what was happening at Burnley. Then home and away against Wolves before what is still for me, despite the result, the highlight of supporting City the final at Cardiff. The stadium half yellow, half blue with such a great atmosphere and for those few minutes after Iwan scored the dream was well and truly alive. Two years later I really remember Wigan at home. Hucks had scored a great solo goal then Mathias Svensson bent one in from 30 yards. After promotion Newcastle Away, two nil down and coming back to two-two with the chants of "Norwich Are Back". Then Man Utd at home, our first big scalp for many years and what nearly proved to be the catalyst for the great escape before our capitulation at Fulham on the final day. Obviously the Lambert years were great. League One was fun, winning most weeks and I''ll always remember that night in Portsmouth from the moment someone said this weekend''s opponents Middlesbrough were 3-0 up at Cardiff, Jackson''s goal and the celebrations at full time. Those who know me, either in real life or from reading my drivel on here, will know that I didn''t enjoy football under Chris Hughton, but he did make the one thing missing from my Norwich City bucket list possible, a trip to Wembley! I''ve been fortunate enough to see England play at least a dozen times at the new Wembley and every time I get a buzz when I walk out to my seat. I''m trying to imagine what it will feel like to see a sea of yellow and green, I really can''t wait! I really can not wait! OTBC.[/quote]

Matt, I may not be thinking straight today as I''m genuinely starting to get excited about Monday but how did Hughton make the trip to Wembley a possibility?

[quote user="Matt Juler"]I''ve been actively watching City for the best part of 20 years. As a kid I went to the odd game and was luckily enough to be one of those "plastics" at the home match against Bayern Munich, but for me my Norwich City journey really started when I left East Anglia to go to university in 1999. Being in the south this opened up local away trips to all the London clubs, and making new friends who supported clubs all over the country I had many great weekends going to new grounds and using the football as an excuse for a day out.

The first big highlight for me was the run to the playoff final in Cardiff. I remember the last home game of the season, the Stockport keeper getting sent off after 30 seconds and trying to keep tabs of what was happening at Burnley. Then home and away against Wolves before what is still for me, despite the result, the highlight of supporting City the final at Cardiff. The stadium half yellow, half blue with such a great atmosphere and for those few minutes after Iwan scored the dream was well and truly alive.

Two years later I really remember Wigan at home. Hucks had scored a great solo goal then Mathias Svensson bent one in from 30 yards. After promotion Newcastle Away, two nil down and coming back to two-two with the chants of "Norwich Are Back". Then Man Utd at home, our first big scalp for many years and what nearly proved to be the catalyst for the great escape before our capitulation at Fulham on the final day.

Obviously the Lambert years were great. League One was fun, winning most weeks and I''ll always remember that night in Portsmouth from the moment someone said this weekend''s opponents Middlesbrough were 3-0 up at Cardiff, Jackson''s goal and the celebrations at full time.

Those who know me, either in real life or from reading my drivel on here, will know that I didn''t enjoy football under Chris Hughton, but he did make the one thing missing from my Norwich City bucket list possible, a trip to Wembley! I''ve been fortunate enough to see England play at least a dozen times at the new Wembley and every time I get a buzz when I walk out to my seat. I''m trying to imagine what it will feel like to see a sea of yellow and green, I really can''t wait!

I really can not wait! OTBC.[/quote]Memory plays tricks, Matt! Svensson scored first. Then Huckerby did his solo thing to seal it.

[quote user="star_manic"]He was instrumental in our relegation, making it possible to appear at Wembley in the playoffs.[/quote]

That''s a bit tenuous, can we include Neil Adams?