Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

Outsung by the Boro'

[quote user="10hickton"]For those of you wanting to know - Boro have the two highest Championship attendances this season - their average home attendance has risen by 25% this season - they have the highest away following this season - they have been watched by over 100,000 Boro supporters at away grounds this season - I wont go on this is getting embarrassing. May the best side win on the day just like they have done twice already.

You are beginning to sound like Brentford are their ''army'' of fans - we beat them home and away twice but they still consider themselves unlucky. FFS UTFB[/quote]

Blimey thats actually pretty embarrassing. 25% of your gates this year means only 14500 - 15000 the year before. Cant see why you need to come on our message boards.

Dont forget your fans and players celebrated promotion to the premier when you beat us. It,s a 50/50 call who will win on Monday but should you lose you will be wishing you lost that day

Better get in the delorean with doc brown and the ipswich fans and go back to a time then.

[quote user="Well b back"][quote user="10hickton"]For those of you wanting to know - Boro have the two highest Championship attendances this season - their average home attendance has risen by 25% this season - they have the highest away following this season - they have been watched by over 100,000 Boro supporters at away grounds this season - I wont go on this is getting embarrassing. May the best side win on the day just like they have done twice already.

You are beginning to sound like Brentford are their ''army'' of fans - we beat them home and away twice but they still consider themselves unlucky. FFS UTFB[/quote]

Blimey thats actually pretty embarrassing. 25% of your gates this year means only 14500 - 15000 the year before. Cant see why you need to come on our message boards.

Dont forget your fans and players celebrated promotion to the premier when you beat us. It,s a 50/50 call who will win on Monday but should you lose you will be wishing you lost that day[/quote]Indeed. Its only being discussed because boro fans turned up to measure penises.Nobody actually cares lol.

[quote user="morty"]Stats, eh.[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled5_zpscgcmg3hb.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled5_zpscgcmg3hb.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/quote]

Interesting that all the teams above Middlesbrough have much bigger catchment areas

If Teesside was twice the size and thus equal to the population of Norfolk, would it be right to assume we would get twice the gates we currently do?

Also, can anyone explain with home gates 30% more than Boro, Norwich only taken 30% less fans than Boro away from home, even though Boro fans have the further east travel in the division ?

Not having a go, just wondered if you could explain why?

A couple of good posts from morty, especially the attendance stats, quite interesting.

In my opinion the only fans, other than our own, that can take any credit from that table is Derby, Brentford and Rotherham.

I think that the table maybe doesn''t tell the full story for us either when you consider how many of the empty seats at games were due to the away fans undersales preventing Norwich fans attendance. Not so relevant with other clubs because their home fans could still get seats regardless of away fans attendance.

I''ve often thought that Wembley allocations should be based on percentage of home attendance. In this case it would be something like we would get 63% of allocation = appx 49K with Boro getting 37% = appx 29K. Sounds fairer to the real fans in my book.

[quote user="BigJim7"][quote user="morty"]Stats, eh.[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled5_zpscgcmg3hb.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled5_zpscgcmg3hb.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/quote]

Interesting that all the teams above Middlesbrough have much bigger catchment areas

If Teesside was twice the size and thus equal to the population of Norfolk, would it be right to assume we would get twice the gates we currently do?

Also, can anyone explain with home gates 30% more than Boro, Norwich only taken 30% less fans than Boro away from home, even though Boro fans have the further east travel in the division ?

Not having a go, just wondered if you could explain why?[/quote]Everywhere is far from Norfolk. There isn''t one motorway in the entire county. Other than Ipswich ( who don''t give us many tickets) there really aren''t very many grounds within easy distance. Even a London game will take 3 hours.

Not knocking your support. Just reacting to people who knock ours. We are a small club that does well

You are just as far from London as we are from Manchester

Percentage wise, our support (at least) ranks with most. Look at the list above, then look at the catchment areas compare to Middlesbrough

[quote user="BigJim7"]Not knocking your support. Just reacting to people who knock ours. We are a small club that does well

Percentage wise, our support (at least) ranks with most. Look at the list above, then look at the catchment areas compare to Middlesbrough[/quote]I''m really not that arsed lol, like I say I''m just discussing it because you guys brought it up.A small club that does well, I thought you were touting yourselves as some kind of "big club"?You can''t deny your crowds seemed to drop pretty dramatically as soon as top flight football was no longer on offer.

[quote user="BigJim7"] Also, can anyone explain with home gates 30% more than Boro, Norwich only taken 30% less fans than Boro away from home, even though Boro fans have the further east travel in the division ?

Not having a go, just wondered if you could explain why?[/quote]

It''s because more people in Middlesbrough want to get away from Middlesbrough. [:)]

We were the first team to attract the SKY plastic fans, and the first team to lose them

Not a lot of cash in this part of the world and the cheapest walk up match day ticket is £27. Sundland is cheaper,..

What do you think your gates would be after six years of shyte?

(Btw- we got bigger gates in the old third division, while we were winning)

[quote user="BigJim7"]Not knocking your support. Just reacting to people who knock ours. We are a small club that does well

Percentage wise, our support (at least) ranks with most. Look at the list above, then look at the catchment areas compare to Middlesbrough[/quote]

I should have a look at your away attendance against Blackburn think that might answer your question. If you just want to come on here just to score points please go away, I for one am not interested. Sunderland all those years ago was the best day out of football ever ( till last saturday } clearly you guys are not interested in a great day just scoring points.

Blackburn is the same distance/travel time as London is for Norwich

BTW - we took 5000 to Fulham, same distance from us, as Blackburn is from Norwich,.

Not scoring points, just stating facts

Sorry if they don''t fit into your media feed opinion

[quote user="can u sit down please"]"Boro have historically always been a better supported team" hahaha.[/quote]

Middlesbrough are the better supported team historically, boro are the 16th best supported team in England, Norwich are down in 27th.

that''s a fact not opinion

Seriously guys, people are, at best, indifferent to your football club.

Herman wrote the following post at 21/05/2015 10:21 PM:

So where have you all gone in the last few years?

They''ve all been sneaking off to watch Sunderland!

[quote user="Herman "]So where have you all gone in the last few years?[/quote]

Percentage of population, 1 in 22 of the people of Teesside attend boro''s home games

In Norfolk, the figure is one in 34. Let''s turn the question around, what do the people of Norfolk do on a weekend ?

It is interesting what you can do with stats, and rather use them to mislead should you choose to do so. It is my job to interpret and present data, and can''t be bothered to here - but I can''t see how you can readily compare Teesside (ie, pretty much Middlesbrough) with the whole of Norfolk (one of the country''s biggest counties, but sparsely populated).

As for the thousands taken to Fulham, it was when you still thought you were going to get auto promotion - 5k is the minimum you''d expect to take - particularly as most clubs have plenty already down here.

I don''t think any of us has any ''beef'' with Middlesbrough, but trying to come on here being playing Billy Big-balls is hardly going to go down well.

[quote user="BigJim7"][quote user="Herman "]So where have you all gone in the last few years?[/quote]

Percentage of population, 1 in 22 of the people of Teesside attend boro''s home games

In Norfolk, the figure is one in 34. Let''s turn the question around, what do the people of Norfolk do on a weekend ?[/quote]

lol you are really sad coming up with these stats. Go and have this argument with Manure next year who have 30 supporters for every 2 people that live in Manchester assuming your stats get you promoted.

You are beginning to get me worried that the main thing you guys are coming for on Monday is a fight

branston I don''t think there''s many boro fans playing "billy big balls" I would say its more a few coming in defence of our club in relation to some Norwich fans having a go, we tend to know our place in the pecking order, just pointing out the bigger picture, we are one of the most expensive clubs in relation to match day prices in a very low income, high unemployment black spot, add to that 5 years of dire football and its easy to understand why our crowds have dropped away.

I have visited Norwich many times and have a lot of time for the people and like to see a fellow unfashionable club do well, I hope to bump into a few of them over the weekend, bit of banter over a beer or three wouldn''t go amiss, I think it will be a cracking atmosphere Monday , safe journey to all

[quote user="BigJim7"]We were the first team to attract the SKY plastic fans, and the first team to lose them

Not a lot of cash in this part of the world and the cheapest walk up match day ticket is £27. Sundland is cheaper,..

What do you think your gates would be after six years of shyte?

(Btw- we got bigger gates in the old third division, while we

were winning)[/quote]

Our gates in 2009/10 in League one after the previous 4 dire seasons ave 24755.

[quote user="poguemahone"][quote user="can u sit down please"]"Boro have historically always been a better supported team" hahaha.[/quote] Middlesbrough are the better supported team historically, boro are the 16th best supported team in England, Norwich are down in 27th. that''s a fact not opinion[/quote]

That''s because you''ve been going 27 years more than us, if you take out those 27 years you''ll find that''s it''s about equal.*

* I have no idea if that''s true but it seems fair. [:)]

that''s based on each teams all time average so age does not come in to it, anyway neither boros historical higher attendances or Norwich''s bigger current crowds wont help either team, its going to be close this one extra time iam thinking.

out of interest have you had any problems receiving your tickets? hell on up here due to a cock up by ticket master, thousands of tickets wont be posted out and need collecting, which has not gone down well with those living outside of Teesside.

hope yours were better organised?

[quote user="poguemahone"]that''s based on each teams all time average so age does not come in to it, [/quote]

That''s doesn''t make mathematical sense, your average is taken over 27 years more than ours.

[quote user="poguemahone"]that''s based on each teams all time average so age does not come in to it, anyway neither boros historical higher attendances or Norwich''s bigger current crowds wont help either team, its going to be close this one extra time iam thinking.

out of interest have you had any problems receiving your tickets? hell on up here due to a cock up by ticket master, thousands of tickets wont be posted out and need collecting, which has not gone down well with those living outside of Teesside.

hope yours were better organised?[/quote]

No problems receiving tickets Norwich did not use Ticketmaster, only issue is not enough tickets to keep everyone happy.

Interesting fact. Norwich were the 70th best supported team in Europe in 2013/14.

On the average all time attendance. It doesn''t matter how many years you''ve been playing. You add all the attendances up and divide them by the amount of games played. Don''t know where the stats are coming from though.

Clubs attendances go through peak and troughs. We averaged over 34000 in 1999 (at the same time Norwich average 15,000) and for 5 of the next 6 season we averaged over 30,000. When you finished 3rd in the Prem in 1993 you averaged 16,000 the same as us who were relegated that year. In 1989 Chelsea averaged 15,000, a dozen years later and they where among the best supported teams in Europe.

Football fans of every club are fickle and crowds will always go through boom times and bad times. It wasn''t as noticeable years ago with standing but when you have 35,000 red seats and 17,500 are empty it looks pretty galling!

By the way the Boro have planning permission to expand to 42,000. Can''t see it happening though.