Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

Outsung by the Boro'

I may be mistaken but due to the different ways both clubs have sold their tickets it seems the Norwich stands are going to be full of fans stood by themselves not knowing anyone in their area (and let''s be honest Norfolk folk don''t integrate particularly well, even amongst themselves!). Whereas the Middlesbrough stands will be full of groups of friends all together thus creating a much better atmosphere. To be honest i would have expected the Boro'' fans to outsing us regardless but I fear we''re going to get hammered in terms of vocal support on Monday.

How many goals is this particular advantage worth?

Don''t talk s4it all your life mate

How did you work that out? It wasn''t difficult really, eight firends and family together, tell your mates what block you''re in, 32 people all within a few seats of each other.

It''s not difficult to co-ordinate things but even if it''s just pockets of eight together, they all add up.

"Oh no, I don''t know the person stood next to me, I better not sing, whatever will this complete stranger think of me?"

Absolute carp, I''ve often been to games on my own and not knowing anyone where I sit, but still sing until my voice is gone.

To be fair Keith that''s the biggest load of old cobblers I''ve read on here for, well at least an hour!😛

If any Boro fans think they are going to be heard once 40,000 Norwich fans start singing "On the Ball City" they are in for a shock. The stadium will ring round to that song and will make the other end of the ground seem silent.   If you have ever been to Anfield and seen what 40,000 Liverpool fans sound like when they sing "You''ll never walk alone", then that is what it will be like.  You hear it at CR when you visit, but that is nothing to what it will be like on Monday.  As we sing it before the match it will send shivers down your spine and could well inspire our players on.  You have been warned.

The thought of 40k Norwich fans belting out OTBC just gave me a footy chubby I swear...

[quote user="lake district canary"]As we sing it before the match it will send shivers down your spine[/quote]But will there be a countdown? [^o)]

"But will there be a countdown? "

Bleedin hope so or we''ll all be kickin it off at different times.

Shambles it will be.😄

Couldn''t Boro fans buy 4 tickets at once? Whereas our''s have been able to buy 8 at a time?

And as someone else has mentioned, the majority of Boro fans in that stadium will hardly be passionate about their club will they

Ah, Keith Scott. If anyone ever looks back with rose, or green/yellow, tinted specs, he''s the sort of player we''d rather not go back to having. Strong but slow and not particularly good in any part of the game. used to get a hard time from some sections of the home support because he wasn''t very good. I can still remember one time he scored in front of the Barclay and his reaction was to glare at the home fans rather than celebrate.

Can anyone tell me if the OP is one of Waveney''s avatars or a different troll ?

Personally I would have a different swing on this in that Boro fans could have a number of tickets each. Does it not then follow that these tickets will go to people just wanting a day out and even family members like grandma and grandad. Cant think many of our tickets are with anyone other than true supporters.

To those who think that the majority of Boro fans won''t be proper ones, may I remind you that your ground holds 28k but you''ve sold 40,000 tickets. And we are traditionally a better supported club than you.

Boro season ticket holders where allowed one per season ticket. When they went on general sale buyers were allowed 4 per purchase.

Should be a great atmosphere. I expect both sets of fans to perform.

This thread got a mention on the Boro forum.

http://fansonline.net/middlesbrough/mb/view.php?id=4441254

Looks like it was easier to get tickets when Norwich came to the Riverside this season.Or did you all come disguised as red seats? [;)][URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled4_zps6crqjfsh.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled4_zps6crqjfsh.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

For those of you wanting to know - Boro have the two highest Championship attendances this season - their average home attendance has risen by 25% this season - they have the highest away following this season - they have been watched by over 100,000 Boro supporters at away grounds this season - I wont go on this is getting embarrassing. May the best side win on the day just like they have done twice already.

You are beginning to sound like Brentford are their ''army'' of fans - we beat them home and away twice but they still consider themselves unlucky. FFS UTFB

Stats, eh.[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled5_zpscgcmg3hb.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled5_zpscgcmg3hb.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

You may well have had the biggest one-off attendance, I couldn''t really care if that''s right or not, but if true it does rather make the overall season average of 19562 (10th, even below the binmen, ffs) look even worse than it does at first - that''s 5k lower than we had in L1 and an average of c14k empty seats each game. Some great following!

Historically we have a larger following than you. You may have the bragging rights for the last few years but that is all. On average our crowds have been bigger.

I''m sure most of us don''t really have much of an opinion for or against Middlesbrough, as no doubt most of you don''t have much of one on us - our paths haven''t exactly crossed in crucial games over the years and we are rather distant. Stats can be used to show whatever, the fact is we''re probably fairly similar in many ways; that we can both readily sell 40k tickets is a testament to that.