Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Green Army

HELP ADVICE NEEDED

I work away offshore and guess what, i got the dreaded phone call this morning. Stating: You are needed to go offshore on Tuesday departing from Aberdeen at 07:45am😥😥😥

My heart sank, this cannot be happening. I was fortunate enough to get a ticket plus coach ticket for the final on Monday and now I have a massive problem/dilema. I will be gutted to miss the game but obviously work commitments come first. What makes it more annoying is the fact my company told me I was not due to go away until the 29th!!!!

Big decision tonight , do i sell my tickets or is there another way to go to the match and arrive in Aberdeen in time.

It''s a 9 hour drive up the A1 across A66 then m6 to the A90 through to Aberdenn, so drive to Wembley and up to Aberdeen.

Have done this a few times and I missed our final at Cardiff asI was on the Claymore at the time.....one of many reasons to become a design engineer onshore 😉

Good luck,

Only answer is obviously an evening flight from London to Aberdoom.Or is there a redeye early doors?

There must be a flight from one of the london airports between the final whistle and very early tuesday surely? bit of a pisser tho.

i have to hang around in England for 24 hrs after the game, just have to have some fine english ales, something that is virtually impossible to find in Ireland.

TGA

FlyBe London City to Aberdeen 19.20

BA Heathrow to Aberdeen 20.35 or 21.00

Virgin Heathrow to Aberdeen 20.15.

All arouind £160 = £170, and that was just a quick search

So, there we go, pack your kit and take it with you. Get the train down to London. Leave kit in left luggage at train station. Collect after game and get flight to Aberdoom. Check into the Speedbird.Sorted.

tell them to go f**k themselves and state where they tell you that you wont get a call until the 29thfind a doctor get a note call in sick for a week

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]tell them to go f**k themselves and state where they tell you that you wont get a call until the 29thfind a doctor get a note call in sick for a week[/quote]Not the best advice, considering the fragility of the offshore industry right now[:D]

Well done everyone, this fella has got what he needed in 13 mins, strange that he hadnt thought of flying up tho, i thought the offshore business was crammed with resourceful, well heeled geezers, just like the military fella in the other post that couldnt get a ticket....what has come over people......is it some kind of blind spot?

Yeah true I guess, although I am of the mindset life first work second and regularly inform my work quite forthrightly that "I have plans" when something they plan for me attempts to mess up my social calander.Work to live not live to work :-)That said Im not in the offshore business, just hate the thought of any corporations who would attempt to dictate my life with the threat of unemployment.

Messed up crew changes. Must be a Gardline employee?

Offshore myself, and gutted I''ll have to watch the game via text updates only [:(] on some slow internet connection.

Morty, is there still left luggage at train stns?, last time i tried at Norwich they said ''nah mate, security issues, no left luggage anymore''...would be handy for mre on this trip if there is in london somewhere, will google it.

I only just made it. Was due to get off my vessel in the Ivory Coast on 20th, crewchange was delayed until the ship sailed to Nigeria, and would have got off there on the 24th.I stuck my bottom lip out and they let me off early lol. Cost me though.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]Morty, is there still left luggage at train stns?, last time i tried at Norwich they said ''nah mate, security issues, no left luggage anymore''...would be handy for mre on this trip if there is in london somewhere, will google it.[/quote]I don''t honestly know, I was just assuming it still existed.

I did think about a flight after the game, had my doubts if I would make it or not, going to be very busy!! Which would be the quickest airport to get to.

May have to drive!!!

Absolutely no way you should even be considering driving this lol. 538 miles, 8 hours and 37 minutes!Or 1 hour 20 in a plane, Heathrow could be your best bet.

Wembley Central to Heathrow is coming in at an 89 minute journey on my London Underground app.

If driving from Wembley area, LCY = 12miles as the crow flies and LHR 9 miles, who can tell what the traffic will be like on a Bank Holiday evening after a big Wembley game?

I am near Hopton so would have to drive to wembley in the morning and then onto aberdeen after the match up all night to catch the flight next morning.

Plane is my only option. What do I do qith my kit bags? Will I make it to Heathrow?

Ask for an early check in at Heathrow. Or leave your luggage at Heathrow before, I''m sure you can find a place to leave you luggage. That or book a hotel room. Leave your stuff and check out early. Yes they all cost, I''m flying back early from Hungary and have not even left the uk yet to come back. My advice, decide you can do it all and just make it happen.

Leave the car at home? Leave bags at left luggage in a train station? If there is a flight from LHR at 21:00, yeah I would have thought so.

OK. Get a lift from someone on here, leave you car in Norwich so when you fly back into Norwich you are just a taxi ride away. That should be a breeze.

Try this for storage. http://heathrow.airport-information.co.uk/baggage.html

After that just jump on the tube.

And fly back to Norwich airport.

[quote user="Norfolk Dan"]OK. Get a lift from someone on here, leave you car in Norwich so when you fly back into Norwich you are just a taxi ride away. That should be a breeze.

Try this for storage. http://heathrow.airport-information.co.uk/baggage.html

After that just jump on the tube.

And fly back to Norwich airport.[/quote]There are no flights from London airports to Norwich, as far as I know.

Not being clear.

Hopton to Norwich by car

Norwich to Wembley lift share with a kind soul who is leaving early.

Jump on tube to Heathrow.

Back to the game.

We play out of our skin and thump them!

Tube back to Heathrow.

Fly up to jockland.

Go to work.

Helicopter back to Aberdeen.

Aberdeen flight to Norwich and pick up the car.

Drive home.

[quote user="Norfolk Dan"]Not being clear.

Hopton to Norwich by car

Norwich to Wembley lift share with a kind soul who is leaving early.

Jump on tube to Heathrow.

Back to the game.

We play out of our skin and thump them!

Tube back to Heathrow.

Fly up to jockland.

Go to work.

Helicopter back to Aberdeen.

Aberdeen flight to Norwich and pick up the car.

Drive home.[/quote]

Ahhh[Y]

How about the overnight sleeper train. Leaves Euston at about 8.20pm i think. Arrive refreshed in Aberdeen at 7am the next morning.

Damn good idea. Quick check and the train leaves at the blow of the final whistle on Monday.

So back to a flight. I checked Luton the flight is at 7 so really tight.

Best latest flight from Heathrow and all will be fine.