Sign in to follow this  
Robbo007

Options for Worthy regarding Damo. What option would you take?

As I can see it, Nigel and the club have the following options regarding Francis.

1. Continue playing him. He would be in the starting 11 before off-the-field incidents, and so surely you play the best team avaliable to him. A few early goals may get an improved offer as well.  On the down side, team morale is likely to decline, and so too possibly his perfomances. It would be very difficult for the fans, who pay his wages, to see a player not giving it his all.

2. Accept the next offer for the player. No team needs a bad apple in the squad, and the money can be well spent, esp with deadline day approaching. The main problem with this is that other players may follow suit when not getting there own way. What would happen at xmas if we were mid-table and Deano asks to leave?

3. Totally abandon the player. Fine him for poor behaviour, etc. Train him with the youngsters. He''s on a long term contract. Will he still want to leave after a few months with the reserves? Doing this will also show that no-one is bigger than the club, and other players take note! Alternatively...should the club lose out on a good player, and 1million+ cash just to prove a point??

i would go for 1)

he is a good player, and we could do with him in the squad. As nigel said, he is still a city player, so why waste him by just paying his wages while he wastes away doing nothing?

play him i say, the morale wont drop as we will be top of the league and winning easy!

The only thing is, francis has to re-earn his reputation from scratch, so over to you Damien......

#1 for sure. they are all professionals and while it''s not ideal, they just have to get on with it. damo is a club asset and there should absolutely be no firesale.