Sign in to follow this  
droundi

Why i hate the term plastic

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]Thing is, if I lived up there with the dirty northerners, I would deffo go to the City games in my area,, or I would expect to be called a Plastic.😉[/quote][:)]

What you morons are missing is not the fact that some of us don''t go to many games, its the term "plastic" that is innacurate as it is derogatory.   Plenty of people are heartfelt and lifelong fans and only get to a few games a season and to then turn round on them and give them a label that is supposed to demean them is what irks them.  Me, I couldn''t give a sh*t what you call me, I''ve been called it all on here, but there are many many other lifelong fans who use this site - and the persistent few that like to pretend they are better and try to show it by labelling others as "plastic" is pretty disgusting imo.  

Fine, if you want to call others "plastic" - it just makes you look a sad and parochial.  Its fantastic if you can go to 40 games a season - but to me the most important factor is are you a supporter of the club, whether you go to 40 matches or 4, or even 0.  It''s what is in the heart that matters.  Anyone who labels another fan or group of fans as plastic is the one with the problem - small minded, disrespectful and yobbish.  We are a friendly family orientated club  and I hope we''re going to show that on Monday.  Labelling the good following of our club in a derogatory way sucks.  If you can''t see that, I''m sorry for you.

Only a plastic would begrudge less than a pound a game into club coffers to get a commentary from Canaryplayer.

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/f81391985_zpsba1ccc4c.gif.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/f81391985_zpsba1ccc4c.gif[/IMG][/URL]

On the "plastic" issue, I''m going to labour the point because I know people up here who are Norwich supporters who rarely go to games.  One couple in particular I know who the husband used to be a season ticket holder, but who moved away from Norwich but who still buy club merchandise and frequently wear the shirt around the place - buy the latest kit for their kids - and follow the City as closely as they can.  So they are contributing to the club with their support financially as well as emotionally.   They can''t go to matches - work committments (self-employed so rarely have any down time) too expensive, family priorities - but I would say they are more fans of the club than any kn*b who drags himself out of bed on match day at 11.00, drags himself to the pub for a couple of pints, lurches to the ground thinking he is god''s gift to NCFC because of his sacrifice to the cause and then sits there moaning/slagging off players/manager/Delia etc etc because he is not getting what he thinks he should be getting for his hard earned season ticket, which amounts to the  massive sum of  the of around £22 a match.   

So I wouldn''t begrudge any fan the ability to make the special trip/expense to get to Wembley somehow as a one off event - and I wouldn''t describe them as plastic - a description which in most circumstances is just a way of putting down other Norwich fans.   Give me 100 genuine exiled fans who still live and breathe the club, to any loud mouthed yob who thinks he is a better fan just because he lives in Norwich.  Our fans are largely fantastic and most who live in Norwich appreciate they are lucky to be able to do so and are not vindictive to people who are not - in fact most people I meet at matches are as friendly and welcoming as they could be.   But to the sad few that like to wind up other fans with derogatory labels, you can stick your plastic label up your backside and hopefully it will get stuck and stop the sh*t that you are full of from coming out for a while.

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/sleepy-tired-boring_zps51b4eaa5.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/sleepy-tired-boring_zps51b4eaa5.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Don''t know if you have worked this out yet LDC, the term "plastic" is not a NCFC phenomenon, it is a term widely used across football in this country, for describing occasional supporters, unlike the term "glory hunters" which picks up[ on those who come out on only the rarest of occasions.

Same goes with the reference to the "prawn sandwich brigade" who are of course sponsors. What is troubling is when individuals try and take things out of proportion and make them personal, a bit like someone in Bolton phoning in to report racism of Tyrone Mings, which wasn''t racism, but was abuse. some people are just to quick to look to belittle people, and make a mountain out of a mole hill.

So question is we are either fans, plastics, glory hunters or prawn sandwich brigade, but do we know which ?

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Don''t know if you have worked this out yet LDC, the term "plastic" is not a NCFC phenomenon, it is a term widely used across football in this country, for describing occasional supporters, unlike the term "glory hunters" which picks up[ on those who come out on only the rarest of occasions.

Same goes with the reference to the "prawn sandwich brigade" who are of course sponsors. What is troubling is when individuals try and take things out of proportion and make them personal, a bit like someone in Bolton phoning in to report racism of Tyrone Mings, which wasn''t racism, but was abuse. some people are just to quick to look to belittle people, and make a mountain out of a mole hill.

So question is we are either fans, plastics, glory hunters or prawn sandwich brigade, but do we know which ?[/quote]

Yes, I know its not an NCFC phenonenon. Its not the word "plastic" itself that is the issue, its the people that use it and their intention that is the problem.  I am generally opposed to labelling of fans in any other way than just fans, because any label will be a generalisation and usually misplaced or innacurate.   If people are Norwich fans that should be good enough for anyone.   We don''t have plastics associated with the club - we only have fans - any other label is divisive.    

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]Grow up you big girls blouse!😊[/quote][:D]

It''s a derogatory term, if you allow it to be a derogatory term. It''s just so ridiculous that now every time any one of my friends makes any point about anything in life, they get called a plastic.

"I''m just going to the toilet". "PLASTIC!"

"I can''t afford to come out tonight." "PLASTIC!"

It''s a silly term coined by silly people that no person should ever bother, let alone feel they have to defend.

Them''s my thoughts... PLASTIC!

Howson is now! wrote the following post at 21/05/2015 1:04 PM:

It''s a derogatory term, if you allow it to be a derogatory term. It''s just so ridiculous that now every time any one of my friends makes any point about anything in life, they get called a plastic.

"I''m just going to the toilet". "PLASTIC!"

"I can''t afford to come out tonight." "PLASTIC!"

It''s a silly term coined by silly people that no person should ever bother, let alone feel they have to defend.

Them''s my thoughts... PLASTIC!

Stop trying to belittle the term PLASTIC! Howson, to many people it has great significance and should be treated with the appropriate gravitas.

😄

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Toby Juggs"]Damn that Harry Kidd[/quote][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Alexander the Great"]Damn that Harry Kidd[/quote]

Too obvious a change, Harry.  You''ll have to be more subtle than that.[/quote]

Blimey, that''s three different names all in one thread Waveney, you''ve excelled yourself. [:S]

Waveney Canary / Canary from the Waveney Valley / Thorpe End Canary / River End Canary / Marvin Fairlady / Lowestoft Canary / Norwich4life / Herr Flick / Humpty the canary / Wizard of Waveney / Canary fun and games / Haven Canary / Lowestoft Determined Canary / flake district canary / Down in the Chumps / Adnams Out / Cheap Cheap Canaries / What Crisis? / Fluffy Bunny / Mankey Monkey / Tufty Squirrel / Even Keel  / King street canary / Chestnut canary / Ellie Goulding / Jeff butler / john thaw / John tree / Canary buffet / The beautiful south / Festive Canary / Canary Island / River End Canary / Lowestoft Canary / Hopeful Canary / dauphinoise Potatoes / The Phantom / Hector Prune / Harry Kidd / Alexander the Great / Toby Juggs

I''m struggling to keep up now......[/quote]

[quote user="Norwich Crazy"]Damn that Harry Kidd[/quote]

And again.......

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Toby Juggs"]Damn that Harry Kidd[/quote][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Alexander the Great"]Damn that Harry Kidd[/quote]

Blimey, that''s three different names all in one thread Waveney, you''ve excelled yourself. [:S]

Waveney Canary / Canary from the Waveney Valley / Thorpe End Canary / River End Canary / Marvin Fairlady / Lowestoft Canary / Norwich4life / Herr Flick / Humpty the canary / Wizard of Waveney / Canary fun and games / Haven Canary / Lowestoft Determined Canary / flake district canary / Down in the Chumps / Adnams Out / Cheap Cheap Canaries / What Crisis? / Fluffy Bunny / Mankey Monkey / Tufty Squirrel / Even Keel  / King street canary / Chestnut canary / Ellie Goulding / Jeff butler / john thaw / John tree / Canary buffet / The beautiful south / Festive Canary / Canary Island / River End Canary / Lowestoft Canary / Hopeful Canary / dauphinoise Potatoes / The Phantom / Hector Prune / Harry Kidd / Alexander the Great / Toby Juggs

And again.......[/quote]

And now it''s......

[quote user="Canary Fest"]Damn that Harry Kidd[/quote]

Five different usernames on one account.

Why Waveney? [:''(]

I think the question should really be asked of the moderators why let him do it ?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Toby Juggs"]Damn that Harry Kidd[/quote][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Alexander the Great"]Damn that Harry Kidd[/quote]

And again.......[/quote]

And now it''s......

[quote user="Canary Fest"]Damn that Harry Kidd[/quote]

Five different usernames on one account.

Why Waveney? [:''(][/quote]

[quote user="Canary Dogg"]Damn that Harry Kidd[/quote]

[:S]