Sign in to follow this  
droundi

Why i hate the term plastic

If you were to draw a line down a sheet of paper and all to right of line were plastics and all to left authentic fans. Where would most people sit? Sure, to the far right would be people who dont even understand football from rugby, and further in, the people who say they support norwich if pushed, but really prefer motor sport etc, but most people would probably be clustered around the middle, either just one side of the line or other. ()I know season tickets and reg away fans would be on farleft of the line. Good on yer). Personally, i welcome anyone who shows interest in the club. Remember that some of todays plastics could turn into tommorows die hard fans once they get the bug, and events like Wembley appearances and Euro runs, etc etc have lead to the fan base we have now. And i can remember us struggling to get 13000 to 14000 reg fans in the 70,s. Lets all just enjoy being fans of our club in whatever way we do it.

[quote user="droundi"]Lets all just enjoy being fans of our club in whatever way we do it.[/quote]I totally agree. I have no idea why some people feel the need to pick on people based on fairly arbitrary differences. Everybody is different and people have different priorities and life situations. The idea that you have to attend a certain number of games, express your support in a certain way or have the correct opinion about the management of the club is laughable.We all support Norwich for our own reasons. Times like this are when we should be pulling together and celebrating the shared excitement of seeing our team at Wembley.

The problem we have with people like Harry Kidd is that they get off from goading others - they are not real fans at all but sad little keyboard warriors just out to make a little noise.  Most of us on here like to have a say in things on this board, to a lesser or greatrer extent, but the constant barrage of divisive rubbish that a few posters put out is just that. Rubbish. You can criticise all sorts of things that fans do, but to set out to insult their status as fans is just about the lowest thing you can do. Pathetic, puerile and sad.

Harry kidd and his ilk are no fans of Norwich. In a week where we should all hopefully enjoy the build up to the match on Monday, any true fan would embrace that and celebrate the occasion.  Its a coming together of our whole fanbase throughout the world with excitement and anticipation. Anyone that wants to spoil that is just sad. 

I firmly believe in the right of every person to live their life as they see fit and as they wish, as long as they do not harm others and keep within the law.I would never chose to place myself upon a pedestal and judge and criticise others ....... especially over such a trivial thing as the manner of supporting a football team.

Some on here go on and on and on about this ''plastic'' nonsense, which is of no concern to me whatsoever. Their privelege, of course, but surely rather more indicative of limited capability in lifestyle.

Football clubs love all this I/we am a better fan than you - it allows them to keep charging stupidly high ticket prices.

I can totally see why people have drifted away from supporting big clubs - fan mentallity is just daft.

Got to admire the thoroughness - OP joined in 2009; 6 years trolling in the planning from Harry the waveny great.

I know someone going to Wembley who hasn''t been to Carrow Road 15 years who went to 59 run, 73, 75 and 85.

he hasn''t been because it is too much for him these days.

Does that make him a plastic? I think not.

Idiots.

I gave up my season ticket 5 years ago, after over 20 years of having one, to buy a house (it helped with the payments) and provide for my young family at the time.

i''ve been to less than 20 games since (After not missing a single home game from 1996-2004).

I missed it like crazy at first but now, Radio Norfolk, Now TV and the t''internet mean i get to see "experience" the games every week.

If that makes me a plastic.. fine! I cant get to Wembley due to a family holiday but will be rooting for us all the same!

little "fact"... i haven''t seen us lose a game i''ve been to since April 2013 ;)

People who get worked up about this puzzle me.But it does seem sometimes like it touches a raw nerve for some, perhaps because there is an element of truth, that they don''t like?

[quote user="morty"]People who get worked up about this puzzle me.But it does seem sometimes like it touches a raw nerve for some, perhaps because there is an element of truth, that they don''t like?[/quote]It just gets a bit dull these glory hunting mothers slagging off other fans[;)]

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]I firmly believe in the right of every person to live their life as they see fit and as they wish, as long as they do not harm others and keep within the law.I would never chose to place myself upon a pedestal and judge and criticise others ....... especially over such a trivial thing as the manner of supporting a football team.

Some on here go on and on and on about this ''plastic'' nonsense, which is of no concern to me whatsoever. Their privelege, of course, but surely rather more indicative of limited capability in lifestyle.[/quote]

Does that include posting about what they wish whether that be cricket, politic or religion Broady[:^)] [;)]

I wouldn''t have mentioned it but you didn''t keep your side of the bargain....

Even though I occasionally refer to myself as a plastic for fun due to be an exile/expat supporter, I can genuinely understand why some people would be a bit jarred off being called it.

I was particularly jarred off a couple of times when I was called it, yet had/have probably been to more live City games home and away and spent more money following the club since 1967 than those that called me it....so, I am a bit touchy!!

Norwich City is a great club, really is, and I am proud to be a supporter....and also welcome fully anyone else who chooses to support Norwich City, whether they are settee followers, once a season, or season ticket holders, makes no difference as far as I am concerned we are ALL supporters of Norwich City FC!!

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]Even though I occasionally refer to myself as a plastic for fun due to be an exile/expat supporter, I can genuinely understand why some people would be a bit jarred off being called it.

I was particularly jarred off a couple of times when I was called it, yet had/have probably been to more live City games home and away and spent more money following the club since 1967 than those that called me it....so, I am a bit touchy!!

Norwich City is a great club, really is, and I am proud to be a supporter....and also welcome fully anyone else who chooses to support Norwich City, whether they are settee followers, once a season, or season ticket holders, makes no difference as far as I am concerned we are ALL supporters of Norwich City FC!![/quote]

Binner[:|]

Really don''t understand the sensitivity, my son is serving in the army, has been to 2 games this season, both away, at Bournemouth and Reading, he will be coming to Wembley, is Norwich City crazy, but is labelled very much the family plastic, and I think he likes it, better than a few other things I have called him over the last 20 odd years.

If you are a plastic, stand proud, there is always a place for you.

[quote user="Toby Juggs"]Damn that Harry Kidd[/quote][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Alexander the Great"]Damn that Harry Kidd[/quote]

Too obvious a change, Harry.  You''ll have to be more subtle than that.[/quote]

Blimey, that''s three different names all in one thread Waveney, you''ve excelled yourself. [:S]

Waveney Canary / Canary from the Waveney Valley / Thorpe End Canary / River End Canary / Marvin Fairlady / Lowestoft Canary / Norwich4life / Herr Flick / Humpty the canary / Wizard of Waveney / Canary fun and games / Haven Canary / Lowestoft Determined Canary / flake district canary / Down in the Chumps / Adnams Out / Cheap Cheap Canaries / What Crisis? / Fluffy Bunny / Mankey Monkey / Tufty Squirrel / Even Keel  / King street canary / Chestnut canary / Ellie Goulding / Jeff butler / john thaw / John tree / Canary buffet / The beautiful south / Festive Canary / Canary Island / River End Canary / Lowestoft Canary / Hopeful Canary / dauphinoise Potatoes / The Phantom / Hector Prune / Harry Kidd / Alexander the Great / Toby Juggs

I''m struggling to keep up now......

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"][quote user="morty"]People who get worked up about this puzzle me.But it does seem sometimes like it touches a raw nerve for some, perhaps because there is an element of truth, that they don''t like?[/quote]

Yep ![/quote]

No. Its because its a wind up tool used by tools - and in most cases is a false description of fans who are forced through circumstance to support from a distance.  Anyone that calls other Norwich fans  "plastic" and means it, is just a bit of a  c**t and only out to boost his own self-satisfied opinion of himself as a better fan because he is lucky enough to go every week.  "Plastic" is as derogatory term as you can use for long term fans who have left Norwich through work family etc etc so it is no surprise that some people rise to the bait. But at the end of the day, the ones who start going on about plastics are the ones who look the most stupid, because most long term/long distance fans have a lot more about them than some parochial idiot who thinks its fun to label other fans in such a way.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Toby Juggs"]Damn that Harry Kidd[/quote][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Alexander the Great"]Damn that Harry Kidd[/quote]

Too obvious a change, Harry.  You''ll have to be more subtle than that.[/quote]

Blimey, that''s three different names all in one thread Waveney, you''ve excelled yourself. [:S]

Waveney Canary / Canary from the Waveney Valley / Thorpe End Canary / River End Canary / Marvin Fairlady / Lowestoft Canary / Norwich4life / Herr Flick / Humpty the canary / Wizard of Waveney / Canary fun and games / Haven Canary / Lowestoft Determined Canary / flake district canary / Down in the Chumps / Adnams Out / Cheap Cheap Canaries / What Crisis? / Fluffy Bunny / Mankey Monkey / Tufty Squirrel / Even Keel  / King street canary / Chestnut canary / Ellie Goulding / Jeff butler / john thaw / John tree / Canary buffet / The beautiful south / Festive Canary / Canary Island / River End Canary / Lowestoft Canary / Hopeful Canary / dauphinoise Potatoes / The Phantom / Hector Prune / Harry Kidd / Alexander the Great / Toby Juggs

I''m struggling to keep up now......

[/quote]

Thanks Lapps - I''m not surprised!

LDC

"No. Its because its a wind up tool used by tools - and in most cases is a false description of fans who are forced through circumstance to support from a distance. Anyone that calls other Norwich fans "plastic" and means it, is just a bit of a c**t and only out to boost his own self-satisfied opinion of himself as a better fan because he is lucky enough to go every week. "Plastic" is as derogatory term as you can use for long term fans who have left Norwich through work family etc etc so it is no surprise that some people rise to the bait. But at the end of the day, the ones who start going on about plastics are the ones who look the most stupid, because most long term/long distance fans have a lot more about them than some parochial idiot who thinks its fun to label other fans in such a way."

What a protest😄

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]LDC

"No. Its because its a wind up tool used by tools - and in most cases is a false description of fans who are forced through circumstance to support from a distance. Anyone that calls other Norwich fans "plastic" and means it, is just a bit of a c**t and only out to boost his own self-satisfied opinion of himself as a better fan because he is lucky enough to go every week. "Plastic" is as derogatory term as you can use for long term fans who have left Norwich through work family etc etc so it is no surprise that some people rise to the bait. But at the end of the day, the ones who start going on about plastics are the ones who look the most stupid, because most long term/long distance fans have a lot more about them than some parochial idiot who thinks its fun to label other fans in such a way."

What a protest😄[/quote]Raw nerve touched methinks.[:D]

Thing is, if I lived up there with the dirty northerners, I would deffo go to the City games in my area,, or I would expect to be called a Plastic.😉