Sign in to follow this  
YGB

if leon isnt fit for saturday

As leon has got a broken nose i was wondering what team we would play next saturday. I know worthy has said he will be fit but at the end of the day he has got a broken nose! This is the team I would personally play:

Green

Louis-Jean Shackell Doherty Charlton

Henderson Jarret Safri McVeigh

Huckerby Ashton

SUBS- Ward Colin Hughes Francis Thorne

Your thought??

Mcveigh is injured too, so give Brennan a game! He actually skinned a couple of men last night.

[quote]As leon has got a broken nose i was wondering what team we would play next saturday. I know worthy has said he will be fit but at the end of the day he has got a broken nose! This is the team I would ...[/quote]

From the back I cant see Drury not playing despite charlie showing his versatility aith MLJ starting last night agree it looks like he will start as first choice RB

I cant see us playing Safri without ANY warm up game so the best he will make is the bench.  If Damo is still here I expect to see him start with Jarrett and Hughes. WLY too has not played recently so again I cannot see him playing, certainly too back from injury midfielders is too risky.

With Deano up from the question is would would replace an injured leon?  Like Drury I simply cannot see worthy NOT playing hux on the left, despite my own belief that he is a striker.   Thorne is proven but I feel he is too similar to Deano.  This leaves us with - Hendo or Jarvis snr.  Personally I would go with the latter who I think would be a perfect foil for Ashton but perhaps we should see hendo in his proper place?

Realistically it WOULD be Thorne with deano...

OTBC

No big deal as he would''nt be in my first choice team anyway no slight on him although I think his first touch and awareness are both awful. I''d stick Hucks up front in a ''free'' role allowing him to roam the pitch. This would also sure us up defensively and give us better shape as a team. So it would be :

Green

Colin Shacks Flem Drury

Hughes Safri Francis  WLY or Brennan if WLY is unfit

Hucks

Ashton

Subs - Ward, Doherty, Jarrett, Henderson, Jarvis

I have to disagree with the majority of the first posters'' selections. If Leon isn''t fit (even though Worthy said he is), the starting 11 will be:

Green

Louis-Jean, Flem, Shack, Drury

Hughes, Jarret, Charlie, Brennan

Hucks Ashton

Obviously, Brennan will step aside for Leon. Francis will start on the bench (if still here) and replace Charlie in the 2nd half. Doc will be on the bench, with Safri and Colin making up the numbers.

Its clear that Charlie playing in the middle of the park that Nigel is using him to filll a void short-term before Damo leaves and a new man is brought in

Green

Luis-Jean Colin Shackell Drury

Hughes* Jarrett Francis Huckerby

Ashton Thorne

subs

Ward, Fleming, Flem, Safri, McKenzie/jarvis/henderson

*maybe place jarvis here if back from england, or even maybe henderson.

BTW can Rossi Jarvis be played? or is he too young to play fro the first team?

Green

MLJ    Shackell    Charlton    Drury

McVeigh/Marney  Jarrett  Safri
                                          Hux
             Ashton   Thorne

subs: colin, francis, mcveigh, doherty, flem, jarvis, ward