Sign in to follow this  
gitto

Middlesbro fan forum

I''ve just been reading a Middlesbro fan forum and they don''t half fancy their chances. They boasting about Middlesbro having the better players, City bottling it, Aitor Karanka being a genius and how they''re gonna smash City at Wembley.

If they''re really that good why didn''t they finish ten points clear at the top of the table?

Life''s but a walking shadow, a poor player,

That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,

And then is heard no more. It is a tale

Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,

Signifying nothing.

Sometimes as we face lives challenges, the victors spoils don''t go to the quickest, biggest or even the strongest,

But the man who succeeds, is the one who believes he can.

You lot are obviously a lot better educated than me, but I did notice That one boro fan said their team was packed full of internationals and their players were used to playing on the big occasion.

[quote user="gitto"]You lot are obviously a lot better educated than me, but I did notice That one boro fan said their team was packed full of internationals and their players were used to playing on the big occasion.[/quote]As you mentioned in your opening post, why aren''t they already promoted then?

"Life''s but a walking shadow, a poor player,

That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,

And then is heard no more. It is a tale

Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,

Signifying nothing. "

Old Bill could certainly write a bit. Another of my favourites, perhaps applicable come Monday evening:

Our revels now are ended. These our actors,

As I foretold you, were all spirits, and

Are melted into air, into thin air:

And like the baseless fabric of this vision,

The cloud-capp''d tow''rs, the gorgeous palaces,

The solemn temples, the great globe itself,

Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve,

And, like this insubstantial pageant faded,

Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff

As dreams are made on; and our little life

Is rounded with a sleep.

Not sure what Forum your reading but I can guarantee 99% of Boro fans are s****ing bricks at the prospect of this game. As for internationals we don''t have that many unless you count U21''s Vossen and Adomah are the only ones.

Now if you ask me if we can win this game. I''m going to say "of course we can". Now doing it will be much harder.

A couple of things to point out

i) 4-0 at our place. Count for nothing. Your a different team with new manager and confidence

ii) 1-0 at your place. Horrible backs to the wall game where we held on as best we could trying not to lose, but managed to win ugly

iii) if our fans didn''t have a glimmer of hope/confidence it would be a very sorry state

iv) it''s going to be a spectacular day and I can''t wait. Look forward to seeing some of you there

Uwe

[quote user="UweFuchsHe"]Not sure what Forum your reading but I can guarantee 99% of Boro fans are s****ing bricks at the prospect of this game. As for internationals we don''t have that many unless you count U21''s Vossen and Adomah are the only ones.

Now if you ask me if we can win this game. I''m going to say "of course we can". Now doing it will be much harder.

A couple of things to point out

i) 4-0 at our place. Count for nothing. Your a different team with new manager and confidence

ii) 1-0 at your place. Horrible backs to the wall game where we held on as best we could trying not to lose, but managed to win ugly

iii) if our fans didn''t have a glimmer of hope/confidence it would be a very sorry state

iv) it''s going to be a spectacular day and I can''t wait. Look forward to seeing some of you there

Uwe[/quote]Good post, cheers[Y]

Not sure why any City fan thinks we are or should be underdogs ?

Over the last 21 games we have won more,collected more points,outscored them by a ratio of 50% and more importantly kept the same amount of clean sheets !!

To be honest its embarrassing them even asking us to turn up :)

They have been the worst set of fans I''ve encountered in the last few season, but Uwe seems nice, there had to be at least one out there.

It''s going to be a tough game and I wouldn''t put any money on it, except the Wembley ticket

[quote user="CTID"]They do seem very arrogant to be fair.[/quote]

It''s not arrogance, it''s a Boro forum. I''ve just had a quick look at your ''Pridictions for Monday'' thread and apparently the best we can hope for is to scrape/cheat our way to penalties. But I fully understand that this is a NCFC forum. I''ll agree some wum have come across here in the past week but they are NOT the average Boro supporter at all. If I can give any advice it would be go across to the oneBoro forum and have a look there. Please stay away from the FMTTM (Fly me to the moon) as it tends to be occupied by 13yr old crack addicts filling time until the next episode of benefit streets. Or the Facebook page because....... Well err it''s Facebook.

But if there''s anything you''d like to ask me please feel free and I''ll answer as best, but as honestly as I can.

(But I do think Boro will win, sorry)

Uwe? That last match at Carrow Road came at a time in the season, and table for that matter, when both sets of fans and to a lesser degree managers thought that 3 points was vital to gaining automatic promotion. As it turned out we were all wrong.

Now that the forthcoming final IS indeed the promotion decider, I can''t see your crew doing much different, maybe a few tweaks to the tactic, but essentially the same. IMO, the onus is very much on Alex Neil to overcome this, and I have faith that he will. A few things help me come to that conclusion.

1. AN has forewarning of might happen.

2. Karanka''s options are limited with a winning game plan, despite it previously being successful.

3. You got lucky with the ref, not sure you will again.

4. You caught us cold last time, you are gonna have to come up with something special to do that again so soon.

5. We play to our full potential, we will win, it IS in our hands to a certain degree.

Despite all the above, the margins are pretty small. In no way are we certs or you dead and buried, but I have faith.

OTBC

Gitto, there are two fans where I work and neither are giving it the full money in terms of outright confidence. But it is quietly there. As for this match in reference to Daz''s comments, I agree we have some forewarning but I actually see a more expansive game in the final and I don''t see that Karanka will have only limited options. Boro have beaten Man City this season with flowing football. They lost at Bournemouth quite convincingly but had their chances too and the score line flattered imo. It is as AN has said who turns up and who can play to their potential. I noticed Boro players watched the Southend Wycombe match yesterday ....clearly Karanka is getting his players completely immersed. With his background by the side of Mourinho in the past he will have learned a lot.

It will be close and I don''t expect the cynical Boro we saw at Carrow Rd. That Boro performance was excellent on the break and in defence after all and without the histrionics of the goalkeeper etc we would have applauded them for the perfect away 0-1. We would not have scored if there had been another 45 minutes.

It will be close but there may just be something dramatic to come in this one and not the attritional affair we witnessed at home.

AN has not lost away folks.

Daz

1) I don''t think last time will have any bearing on how we set up for this game. At CR it was a ''Must not lose'' game. This is a must win. Our tactics from last time won''t work. Unless we score two quick goals.

2) AK is proving himself a very astute tactician. Hopefully you saw the semi final games against Brentford. Two very different styles but two wins for us scoring 5 goals in the process. Against good opposition.

3) Agree a different ref could have made a difference. But you had the same guy in charge and could have adapted your play to suit. But I agree with you what the Rev does is out of our hands

4) Don''t agree with this at all. Everything I''ve seen /read and heard about AN points to a very thorough professional that leaves no stone unturned. Maybe your players underestimated us for the first 20 mins but that''s their fault

5) I agree to the fact that man for man your squad is stronger than ours. But in terms as a unit I think it''s 50/50 and either a piece of magic from a player or manager will be the difference. I just hope it''s not a refereeing blunder that decides it

The two best teams got promoted automatically. Now the next best two have made the final. Neither by luck or fluke but purely on own merit. We know you can play football. But so can we. One advantage is that we can play different ways to win matches you''ve seen that.

Good luck for Monday it''s going to be special, I''m so excited, and nervous I''m like a 10yr old (not the responsible 37yrs I should be acting) ;)

[quote user="Daz Sparks"]No Messiah, here either.

Are you going to Wembley Waveney?[/quote]

Be assured there is a full contingency coming from the Valley

Uwe.

Same here with the nerves.. and.. cough, I''m just a little.. cough.. older than 37!

I do stand by the points I made Uwe, of course by debating them we will expand them and evolve them, I see where you are coming from with your counter arguments.

I do still maintain that you caught us cold at Carrow Road though, the play was totally controlled by Boro and we did not respond effectively, and it certainly looked just like your guys did a right number on us.

This was completely reinforced by the polar change in tactics when you got the goal.

Karanka is damn good manager, that I grant you, and yes I saw the games v Brentford. The first leg was the key to the tie and taking a lead to the home tie was key IMO.

I just cannot see that Karanka has that much more to play with though Uwe, we are not Brentford, we are a much stronger, more physical team in midfield, and have real danger up front in Jerome Cameron and have the option of Grabban and Hooper.

I live in hope that we do see a much more expansive game than at Carrow Road, I think that will make for a real spectacle, and if Hoolahan plays in a game of that ilk, you will have a proper game on your hands, on his day, a huge influence.

I wholeheartedly agree about the merit of each team, and I hope natural justice prevails with the final score.

Well the bookmakers don''t agree.......you can get 2/1 Middlesbrough but only 13/8 City. The way some people talk we may as well give them a bye !!I''m pretty sure it''ll be a very tight nervy game between two good teams but they''ve both got excellent managers and in City''s case parachute money to spend next term.Regardless of who wins tomorrow the losers will be there or thereabouts next time.