Sign in to follow this  
silver fox

Colin and Louis Jean look good on the right

I thought the pairing of Colin at right back and Louis Jean right midfield looked very good against Inter.  Louis Jean showed some good pace going down the wing and also got in some good crosses.  Apart from the back pass to Ward for their second goal Colin looked very composed at right back.

[quote]I thought the pairing of Colin at right back and Louis Jean right midfield looked very good against Inter. Louis Jean showed some good pace going down the wing and also got in some good crosses. Apa...[/quote]

It was ML-J who under-hit the backpass.

Did anyone also notice how much communication there was between Shacks and Colin? Jason was talking to him, gesturing what he should do etc - Fleming did very little at all.

[quote]Did anyone also notice how much communication there was between Shacks and Colin? Jason was talking to him, gesturing what he should do etc - Fleming did very little at all.[/quote]

I have to correct you on Fleming because there were a couple of times when he had a go at one of his own players after he had messed up as usual.  This doesn''t bode well because last season he had a go at Charlton and he never got back in the side again until the end of the season.  Charlton looked very comfortable in midfield against Inter, but if Worthy chooses to play Jarrett and Hughes, then I would put Charlton alongside Shackell.  Who am I trying to kid he is bound to play Fleming and Doherty.

[quote]It was ML-J who under-hit the backpass.[/quote]

My mistake, but it is difficult to pick them out in the upper Barclay especially when you are as blind as a bat.  They still look a good combination down the right and one I would like to see Worthy start with against Coventry.