Sign in to follow this  
minestrone

Six at Over £300 per seat!!

Just been seeing what tickets are being sold online and on most sites they seem to be nearly all Boro tickets - which could suggest us not putting on general sale prevented this?

But amazed to see on ''livefootballtickets.com'' Cat 1 seating tickets at £308 EACH, with, which I think is worse, up to SIX seats together!

If these are genuine sales and the tickets exist I hope the club has a way of tracking back to the source, presumably corporate c**ks, and ensuring they don''t get offered tickets in the future! I have my ticket so not affecting me but I think there are a lot of people who have missed out unfairly so this sucks.

[quote user="im spartacus"]I''m not just saying it cos i got tickets on wednesday but i think the club have handled this week very well so far![/quote]

totally Spartacus, even down to choice of fulfilment company, when you here how many Boro fans haven''t received tickets 000''s are having to collect at Wembley owing to ticket master, all ours purchased came via a company in Devon, and then those sold on line for a profit are because Boro just let anyone buy them from the off, Well done McNally and Co,

It''s certainly noticeable the difference between how many of our tickets and Boro tickets that there are available online.

[quote user="im spartacus"]I''m not just saying it cos i got tickets on wednesday but i think the club have handled this week very well so far![/quote]Agreed.Basically handing control of where tickets go, to season ticket holders and , to some extent, members, ensured that the most deserving people got tickets.

The whole online purchase process worked very very well.

Being able to link membership numbers, picking seats. No site crashes.

Really impressed

Just noticed that I forgot to mention in the first post that the 6 tickets were NCFC tickets, in case any one wondered why I was so concerned!

Remember, years ago, when we played Villa in the League cup final. I was serving in the Royal Navy and only got in that weekend, no internet or anything in those days, so off I went to Wembley without a ticket. I got one off a tout and printed on the back of the ticket was "For the exclusive use of members of Blackburn Rovers Board of Directors"  It always got me the a director sold his ticket to a tout.

I certainly think the club has handled things extremely well - obviously there will be some who miss out, but that is inevitable whatever process you set up. We''re well supported at the moment and the club simply couldn''t let s-t/members have 2 tickets from the off as many clubs do, that just wasn''t possible. Middlesbrough seem to have gone the other way with a mass sale early, and have lost a bit of the control - we can at least be relatively certain that ''proper'' NCFC supporters have the vast majority of the tickets.

I guess these tickets being on offer for such a bonkers price is a flipside of the decent system used - there''s probably a lot fewer Norwich tickets available so the price will be high.

Simple answer is don''t be mug enough to buy them. Let them be stuck with them and therefore out of pocket. Nobody is forced to shell out £300 for a ticket. Presumably those who are encouraging people to sell tickets like this are those who didn''t want to spend £20 getting priority memberships.

I think the fair way of selling tickts would have been ST / members one ticket the a couple of days of general I don''t see why st / members should get two tickets before others get one I have been going as for 30 years off and on ST holder etc just because I am not a st holder now or member I should still be able to buy a ticket for my past loyalty before a person who had a ST for a year can get 2 tickets

[quote user="norfolkngood"]I think the fair way of selling tickts would have been ST / members one ticket the a couple of days of general I don''t see why st / members should get two tickets before others get one I have been going as for 30 years off and on ST holder etc just because I am not a st holder now or member I should still be able to buy a ticket for my past loyalty before a person who had a ST for a year can get 2 tickets[/quote]You should have bought a priority membership then.Or can I assume you know at least one season ticket holder who could have sorted you out?

McNally saying on twitter that any City fans profiteering from ticket selling will be banned from Carrow Road.

hi morty yes I could have that''s right it isn''t really about me but why do ST / Members need two tickets ? I know ST holders who are taken non Norwich fans for a day out I know a company in Edinburgh gave my friend two tickets 2 rows from pitch free and he doesn''t even follow Norwich but is going as a football fan these tickets could have gone to lyal fan base that''s my point ,morty you have seen my posts before I never put down in words what I mean lol

[quote user="norfolkngood"]hi morty yes I could have that''s right it isn''t really about me but why do ST / Members need two tickets ? I know ST holders who are taken non Norwich fans for a day out I know a company in Edinburgh gave my friend two tickets 2 rows from pitch free and he doesn''t even follow Norwich but is going as a football fan these tickets could have gone to lyal fan base that''s my point ,morty you have seen my posts before I never put down in words what I mean lol[/quote]I hear what you''re saying.Personally, any extra tickets that were bought on my season tickets went to deserving fans, theres no way I''d buy for glory hunting tourists.And I would like to think that most season ticket holders who got extra tickets would think along the same lines.I think this way there will be a higher percentage of tickets that have gone to real fans.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]So if I have a ticket I don''t need, it''s wrong to sell it for the going rate? What am I missing here?[/quote]Integrity?

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]So if I have a ticket I don''t need, it''s wrong to sell it for the going rate? What am I missing here?[/quote]No, I think they''re targeting the spiv profiteers. Selling tickets on at face value isn''t the problem.

I have no problem with people selling tickets for face value, but £300, these people are not fans! Profiteering over the slightly shoddy way the club handled the ticket allocation!

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]So if I have a ticket I don''t need, it''s wrong to sell it for the going rate? What am I missing here?[/quote]No, I think they''re targeting the spiv profiteers. Selling tickets on at face value isn''t the problem.[/quote]By "going rate" I''m assuming he means more than face value.

By "going rate", I meant what people are willing to pay, not what the ticket office is charging.

If due to low demand I sell an unwanted ticket for less than the price I paid does that make the person buying the ticket a spiv who lacks integrity?

If so, why?

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/10517542_10152555371194467_6401666317089854919_n_zps72999288.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/10517542_10152555371194467_6401666317089854919_n_zps72999288.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

that''s what I mean someone ( I know only a few ) who can buy 2 x tickets will buy one even if they don''t need it to sell for a profit or to give to a non Norwich fan when there where Norwich born a bred people wanting tickets can not get one !!

No answer, just name calling. What a phag. Your obsession with male chickens suggests the Mrs. uses a lot of batteries cuz she ain''t gettin'' any from you.

Were we spivs when we sold Dean Ashton for over double what we paid for him?

[quote user="norfolkngood"]that''s what I mean someone ( I know only a few ) who can buy 2 x tickets will buy one even if they don''t need it to sell for a profit or to give to a non Norwich fan when there where Norwich born a bred people wanting tickets can not get one !![/quote]Well if any season ticket holders sold tickets for pure profit, to non City fans, then shame on them.Will you be giving their names to McNally, so he can ban them from Carrow Road?

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]No answer, just name calling. What a phag. Your obsession with male chickens suggests the Mrs. uses a lot of batteries cuz she ain''t gettin'' any from you.

Were we spivs when we sold Dean Ashton for over double what we paid for him?[/quote]Brilliant unintentional irony[:D]