Sign in to follow this  
Ren

Wembley - Tips and Advice...

The weather forecast is cloudy and 14c, take a light jacket.

Remember to say please and thank-you, you are not an individual you are representing the club, the city, the county and East Anglia.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

The weather forecast is cloudy and 14c, take a light jacket.

Remember to say please and thank-you, you are not an individual you are representing the club, the city, the county and East Anglia.

[/quote]

With a big pocket to put your ticket in!

Sound advice! 

quote user="Tim Allman"]Just to reiterate Ren''s point about Oyster cards, it is much cheaper now to use Oyster; otherwise regsiter contactless card for pay as you go. Paper tickets are much dearer.[/quote

Thanks for this Tim, but can you expand on this please? Where would we register this please?

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]quote user="Tim Allman"]Just to reiterate Ren''s point about Oyster cards, it is much cheaper now to use Oyster; otherwise regsiter contactless card for pay as you go. Paper tickets are much dearer.[/quote

Thanks for this Tim, but can you expand on this please? Where would we register this please?[/quote]I have used my Switch debit card on London buses without any registration, you can''t actually pay cash on them anymore.http://www.tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payments/contactless/what-is-contactless

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Crabbycanary3"]quote user="Tim Allman"]Just to reiterate Ren''s point about Oyster cards, it is much cheaper now to use Oyster; otherwise regsiter contactless card for pay as you go. Paper tickets are much dearer.[/quote

Thanks for this Tim, but can you expand on this please? Where would we register this please?[/quote]I have used my Switch debit card on London buses without any registration, you can''t actually pay cash on them anymore.http://www.tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payments/contactless/what-is-contactless[/quote]Yes same here, I''ve used my contactless debit card on buses and tubes just the same as using an Oyster card, no need for registration.

There is no requirement to register your contact less credit card.

Check you have a symbol on your card, your usage will be added up over the day and there will be the one payment processed at the end of the day.

Probably just need to make sure you''ve used contact less card once before so not to look a plonker at the tube station. I know the first time I used my card contact less I had to enter a PIN for verification and you can''t do that at the ticket gates.

If you get lost find the nearest Policeman and he will look after you until you are re-united with your parents/friends.

Do not make eye contact or attempt to make conversation with anyone on the tube.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Crabbycanary3"]quote user="Tim Allman"]Just to reiterate Ren''s point about Oyster cards, it is much cheaper now to use Oyster; otherwise regsiter contactless card for pay as you go. Paper tickets are much dearer.[/quote

Thanks for this Tim, but can you expand on this please? Where would we register this please?[/quote]I have used my Switch debit card on London buses without any registration, you can''t actually pay cash on them anymore.http://www.tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payments/contactless/what-is-contactless[/quote]Thanks for this info. I had no idea that you didn''t need an oyster card anymore. I was franticly looking for my old Oyster card last night and couldn''t find it. No need now!

[quote user="morty"]Do not make eye contact or attempt to make conversation with anyone on the tube.
[/quote]

This includes the friends you are travelling with, if you need to communicate send them a fax or text message.

Real life London is actually exactly the same as it is portrayed in popular soap opera, Eastenders.

[quote user="morty"]Real life London is actually exactly the same as it is portrayed in popular soap opera, Eastenders.[/quote]

Well if I see that Nick Cotton I will tell him what I think of him ! a grown man treating his old mum the way he does, a "plastic" cockney I think.

The streets of Lahndahn are NOT actually paved with gold.More dogsh1t and chewing gum.

This is a bit of a technical question, but does anyone know if, using a contactless card, you have to swipe out at West Hampstead before getting on the Overground to Dalston? If so, do you get charged for a separate journey, or can you do many separate journeys within the zones without further charges? I''ve been using London Drum, excellent for planning travel, but Dalston doesn''t exist on its site.

That Lunnun''s a rum ol'' do. #confused.otbc.

Do NOT eat a saveloy.It might look like a sausage, but it really isn''t.

[quote user="ron obvious"]This is a bit of a technical question, but does anyone know if, using a contactless card, you have to swipe out at West Hampstead before getting on the Overground to Dalston? If so, do you get charged for a separate journey, or can you do many separate journeys within the zones without further charges? I''ve been using London Drum, excellent for planning travel, but Dalston doesn''t exist on its site.

That Lunnun''s a rum ol'' do. #confused.otbc.[/quote]You will have to swipe to get through the exits gates, and then swipe again to get on the overground. Not sure exactly how charges are calculated, but I beleive there is a maximum daily charge anyway.

morty wrote the following post at 22/05/2015 12:09 PM:

Do NOT eat a saveloy.

It might look like a sausage, but it really isn''t.

If you do bite into one always remember it might be Theon Greyjoys'' dick!😳

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]morty wrote the following post at 22/05/2015 12:09 PM:

Do NOT eat a saveloy.

It might look like a sausage, but it really isn''t.

If you do bite into one always remember it might be Theon Greyjoys'' dick!😳[/quote]Ewww[:(]

I''ve heard that the queues to get back into the tube station at Wembley Park can be horrendous and that it can take an hour just to get to the platform. Anyone have any experience of that?

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]I''ve heard that the queues to get back into the tube station at Wembley Park can be horrendous and that it can take an hour just to get to the platform. Anyone have any experience of that?[/quote]

it will be bad. but not as bad as england games.

hopefully all of the boro supporters will b long gone before we all head out

Many thanks Sox 1. Yes, I think they count each time you go through an exit as a journey (£2.30 a go I think - up to a limit).

There are a lot of journeys where you need to pass through ticket gates and as long as you don''t stop to do your weekly shop you''ll only be charged for one journey. The time allowed for most interchanges is 20 minutes, a full list is here: http://www.oyster-rail.org.uk/osi-list/

[quote user="Matt Juler"]Probably just need to make sure you''ve used contact less card once before so not to look a plonker at the tube station. I know the first time I used my card contact less I had to enter a PIN for verification and you can''t do that at the ticket gates.[/quote]

Yeah. Just read I will need to have used contactless once before elsewhere before I can use it on the underground. WTF is the point in that.

Many shops nowadays do contactless payment, for up to £20, you just need to find somewhere between now and Monday - maybe go get a coffee from Costa, they certainly use it.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Many shops nowadays do contactless payment, for up to £20, you just need to find somewhere between now and Monday - maybe go get a coffee from Costa, they certainly use it.[/quote]

I''m too embarrassed to go into a shop and ask to use contactless tbh, so I will just pay the extra.

Just in case anyone was wondering about taking stuff into Wembley, I found this on another forum:

I asked Wembley, "We''re attending the Capital One cup final on Sunday, staying over in London on the Saturday night. Will there be any problems getting into the stadium with a small rucksack/man bag/messenger bag containing our Saturday clothes".

Their response was, "Small bags or rucksacks are permitted into the Stadium. However, unfortunately we do not have any locker facilities for our Visitors to store personal belongings and would advise that if a bag is brought into the Stadium, it is kept with the Visitor at all times".

Read more:I asked Wembley, "We''re attending the Capital One cup final on Sunday, staying over in London on the Saturday night. Will there be any problems getting into the stadium with a small rucksack/man bag/messenger bag containing our Saturday clothes".

Their response was, "Small bags or rucksacks are permitted into the Stadium. However, unfortunately we do not have any locker facilities for our Visitors to store personal belongings and would advise that if a bag is brought into the Stadium, it is kept with the Visitor at all times".

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/taking-your-bags-to-wembley.884450/#ixzz3awjFMpRD