Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Good interview with the Wolf

http://m.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Le-monde-de-ricky-van-wolfswinkel/559830#xtor=CS1-12?xtref=http://t.co/mBsrGpKE2p&

Enjoyed it. Took some of his goals well this season

9 in 23 starts and 4 assists.

I''m sure I''d score goals in the Portuguese league, wow. I''ve seen better defending at Sunday league level! Is ''marking'' not a word in Portugal?

Hughton should manage in that league! A touch of defensive organisation and he''d never lose a game.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Blame it on the food, a Wolf needs raw meet, didn''t get that in Norwich, Hooton''s fault ![/quote]He needs something.Saw him in Norwich airport once, he has the physique of a 15 year old.

[quote user="Ricky Spanish"]I''m sure I''d score goals in the Portuguese league, wow. I''ve seen better defending at Sunday league level! Is ''marking'' not a word in Portugal?

Hughton should manage in that league! A touch of defensive organisation and he''d never lose a game.[/quote]

He''s been in France and scored 1 more than lavezzi haha

I think his goal tally above without any context is a bit...optimistic.
He made 28 league apps, and scored 5 goals.
In some french cup he scored 4 in 6. If i remember correctly these goals primarily came against a team on par with the English League 2.

[quote user="hogesar"]I think his goal tally above without any context is a bit...optimistic.
He made 28 league apps, and scored 5 goals.
In some french cup he scored 4 in 6. If i remember correctly these goals primarily came against a team on par with the English League 2.
[/quote]level found.....its hard to make excuses for him now really.

Says he don''t like English food perhaps that''s why he was always in Yo Sushi in Chapelfield Plain

[quote user="Hucks6"]Says he don''t like English food perhaps that''s why he was always in Yo Sushi in Chapelfield Plain[/quote]If he was eating those tiny little Japanese meals then it''s no wonder he wasn''t up to scoring goals. But I can still sympathise with the lack of decent food available in Norwich.

I would force him back make him play u21 for the rest of this contract and make him eat on marine parade in Yarmouth for every meal.

Whinging ba@@@@@

I really want him to do well here because he seems like a nice guy and is a hottie, but I can''t simply blame his lack of goals on hughton. He lost confidence far too quickly and lost his first touch, showed nothing of what you''d expect from a PL footballer.

...however I am allowing myself to think he should be given another chance if ANeil thinks so.

He''s very popular at St Etienne and they are looking into whether a deal can be done with Norwich - something cheaper than the one agreed last summer (especially as they missed out on European football on goal difference).

St Etienne aren''t a particularly high scoring team and rely of defensive solidity more so he was never going to bang in 20 or so goals (only 2 players did in France this season which is generally a fairly low scoring league).

I doubt AN will be given a decision to make, Norwich will want RVW out and I have a feeling that will be non-negotiable. It certain was for Neil Adams who was told he isn''t staying so don''t put him in your plans.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I really want him to do well here because he seems like a nice guy and is a hottie,[/quote]                                                                     [:O][:P][:|] [W]

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]I doubt AN will be given a decision to make, Norwich will want RVW out and I have a feeling that will be non-negotiable. It certain was for Neil Adams who was told he isn''t staying so don''t put him in your plans.[/quote]Not exactly comparable situations, but IIRC McNally said the same about Bassong. But unlike Bassong I doubt RVW would be suited to Alex Neil''s playing style.

From his comments he sounds pretty sure he isnt coming back.

I have a friend studying in france for a year who has been to numerous St Etienne games and has relayed back all the same critisms he was subject to here. I can''t say i will miss him too much.