Sign in to follow this  
Miss Bum Bum

I hope Boro play the game in the right spirit

A big occasion tomorrow for football my only concern is how Boro will approach the game.

I hope it is a contest of 2 teams having a right good go at each other and the best team wins.

At Carrow Road I had never seen such a performance of gamesmanship and cheating from the Boro players. If they play like that again it will spoil the occasion. I just hope they have learned their lesson and accept the principal of fair play and not let the money go to their head.

A Canary win would be the moral and just outcome after their outrageous behaviour

You hope they learned their lesson?

If the class was How to Beat Norwich City, then your hopes have been realized. What lesson do you think they may have learned that will benefit us at Wembley?

Hey guys

Well it''s Been a couple of days since this has been mentioned. I would just like to say if you''d won or drew that game it would never have been mentioned at all. Leeds did exactly the same to us and YES I agree with you that it''s the most frustrating thing on a football pitch.

But we had a gameplan to stick to and we did it perfectly. Even better than we hoped actually, because I personally think we came to your place trying to ''not lose'' and got lucky with the own goal. So by hook or by crook we defended our lead with our lives.

What do you think would have happened if we came up to your place and ran at you? You could have very easily battered us. I personally think you wouldn''t have, but you would have won the game (just not battered us).

The right spirit is to win the game. We will play to our strengths ans disrupt yours. You will do the same. I''m sure of it

Anyway I see it going one of two ways...

Norwich will have a majority of the possession about 60% and as long as it''s not hurting us we''ll let you have the ball. Hoping for the time you commit bodies forward and we can hit you on the break.

Adomah on the right and Friend on the left will constantly run at your LB/RB all game trying to make them make mistakes

Leadbitter in the middle pulling the strings with Clayton there with the sole purpose of breaking your play up.

The only thing that leaves is Tomlin trying to find a bit of magic and carving your defence open. And we win.

OR

you press us high up the field which forces Leadbitter back into a more defensive role limiting his attacking play. When this happens Tomlin will drop deeper ''looking'' for the ball. This isolates Bamford/Kike and we will not score. With only one in the box. That will make Adomah or Friend needing to cut inside rather than cross the ball to attack your goal. One decisive tackle and we are all out of position at the back.

And you win

Either way guys I''m as nervous as hell but can''t wait either. Hopefully see some of you there

Good luck ... Uwe

Was in bloody agony by the end of the home game, was desperate to fart but didn''t dare to in case a Boro player went down.

We need a count to ten every time one of them goes down.

Yes it was one of the most annoying games I had ever had the misfortune to attend at Carrow Road, and I was as angry as hell at Boro''s tactics, even more so at the inept ref for allowing the game to progress in the way that it did, However, Uwe is correct - they came with a game plan, executed it perfectly, and gave the best display of organised defending we have seen for a long time.

I honestly don''t think they will play the same in the final.... unless they get an early goal, maybe.

I dont actually care about Boros game plan - Karanka was mentored by clearly mentored by Jose well on how to win by any means. Theres a reason why Chelsea are ''boring'' yet are champions, and its no different to what Boro did at Carrow Road.

My biggest gripe that night was actually with the ref. After about 15 minutes it''s clear what Boro were doing, as a referee he needs to take control of the game to cut it out. Instead he couldn''t wait to blow the whistle every time a Boro player even considered going down, be would tell the keeper to hurry up repeatedly without bothering to book a player for time wasting. If a ref is that weak, of course Boro were going to take full advantage. I dont blame them, I would fully expect our players to push it to the max if we were in a similar situation

Uwe, I''m intrigued by your user name. I think I may know what it''s about, can you elaborate please?

I actually hope they dont play it in the "right" spirit and try all the things they did before only this time with us winning.

Then the millions watching at home will unanimously be able to see and agree that justice is done and such a side wasn''t rewarded for such tactics on the biggest stage.

[quote user="Sooty57"]Yes it was one of the most annoying games I had ever had the misfortune to attend at Carrow Road, and I was as angry as hell at Boro''s tactics, even more so at the inept ref for allowing the game to progress in the way that it did, However, Uwe is correct - they came with a game plan, executed it perfectly, and gave the best display of organised defending we have seen for a long time.

I honestly don''t think they will play the same in the final.... unless they get an early goal, maybe.[/quote]Agree, he should take the lion''s share of the blame for allowing it to happen.If we won a crucial game like Boro did we would be praising Alex Neil''s nous.

they cam with a game plan to win; they took the lead while on top and defended that lead comfortably, and subsequently had the best chances.

Yes some the theatrics were OTT, but if anyone thinks that is why we lost or did not score then they are sadly deluded. They were not only better at the two key parts of football (scoring and defending) but also at game management and RADA certification.

Tomorrow is a different matter; we start afresh and its a finely balanced game - I am confident we can win this. And we also indulge in theatricality I wont be hypocritical enough to give a gnats chuff

COYY

[quote user="Mr Angry"]Uwe, I''m intrigued by your user name. I think I may know what it''s about, can you elaborate please?[/quote]
Sorry to butt in....
Uwe Fuchs was loaned to Middlesbrough towards the end of the 1994–95 season, playing just 13 games, but was instrumental in helping the club win promotion to the Premier League, scoring nine league goals. Fuchs went on to become a cult figure at Middlesbrough; but he was not kept at the club by manager Bryan Robsonfor the following season.
Suppose it''s a bit like signing up to a Boro forum with the user name Arturo Lupoli, though some differences do exist, i.e. Fuchs sounded quite useful.

Tomorrow is a fight against good v evil, right v wrong, Norwich are Luke Skywalker Boro are Darth Bader.

For the sake of football Norwich must win tomorrow

A forlorn hope I think. The only objective tomorrow for both teams is to get to the Premier League. If the Middlesbrough manager can get away with what his team did at Carrow Rd he will. Likewise if the Norwich team are asked to try it on they will. It''s up to the referee to determine what''s play-acting.In that respect I think this ref will see through any gamesmanship so it should be a better spectacle.

[quote user="Mr Angry"]Uwe, I''m intrigued by your user name. I think I may know what it''s about, can you elaborate please?[/quote]

Bor is correct in what he says. But I also use it because one of my earliest Boro memories is going to the game on my own (my grandad took me prior). Uwe had just signed and was warming up in front of the Holgate (Ayresome version of the Kop) and someone yelled "Who the Fuchs He? I was young so found it incredibly funny.

I also use the same user name on the oneBoro forum so you know exactly who I am. As some posters may use a different name to stir trouble on one forum and comment on it on their own.

P.s Uwe was rumered to be shagging Jet from Gladiators so he''s a double legend ;)

[quote user="UweFuchsHe"][quote user="Mr Angry"]Uwe, I''m intrigued by your user name. I think I may know what it''s about, can you elaborate please?[/quote]

Bor is correct in what he says. But I also use it because one of my earliest Boro memories is going to the game on my own (my grandad took me prior). Uwe had just signed and was warming up in front of the Holgate (Ayresome version of the Kop) and someone yelled "Who the Fuchs He? I was young so found it incredibly funny.

I also use the same user name on the oneBoro forum so you know exactly who I am. As some posters may use a different name to stir trouble on one forum and comment on it on their own.

P.s Uwe was rumered to be shagging Jet from Gladiators so he''s a double legend ;)[/quote]
Do you know why he didn''t get a permanent deal at Boro despite scoring lots of goals?
Jet was certainly one of the better ones, though I always thought Wolf would go a bit.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="UweFuchsHe"][quote user="Mr Angry"]Uwe, I''m intrigued by your user name. I think I may know what it''s about, can you elaborate please?[/quote]

P.s Uwe was rumered to be shagging Jet from Gladiators so he''s a double legend ;)[/quote]
Do you know why he didn''t get a permanent deal at Boro despite scoring lots of goals?
Jet was certainly one of the better ones, though I always thought Wolf would go a bit.
[/quote]JET used to play for Ipswich so I guess he must have been desperate......[;)]

Talk about ''clutching at straws'' - you lot are crap pin yourselves. Boo hoo - Boro are bullies - give me a break. FFS UTFB

[quote user="10hickton"]Talk about ''clutching at straws'' - you lot are crap pin yourselves. Boo hoo - Boro are bullies - give me a break. FFS UTFB[/quote]

Bullying not a problem cheating and gamesmanship are the issue .

Lol at the bitter norwich. We won and you didn''t have a shot. London''s bouncing in red currently. See you tomorrow when you turn up. Most pubs will already be full of Boro where you think you''re going to drink. Have a nice morning.

I love the whole ''Boro cheated at CR to win'' argument ha ha

Firstly the most two blatant cheaters were that gadge who really wants to play for Villa & Bassong who tried to break Vossens neck and then nearly succeeded in breaking his ankle.

In the first 20 mins we were hammering you and it was backs to the wall stuff from you lot - 7 corners in 10 minutes wasn''t it?

Then Bamford got injured and completely ruined our game plan so plan B it was and with a goal cushion we executed it beautifully.

You on the other hand...how many shots on target? Only one real chance all game? Even with us defending the lead we still had a couple of decent chances in the second half. Bamford even missed a sitter.

you lot piss and moan at us and the ref but it''s your players and your manager you should be pointing fingers at even with only 10 and a half men we still stopped you from creating chances and on the day you weren''t good enough to breaks us down.

You''re worse than Derby fans for making excuses and over rate your team like a deluded Geordie.

I''m confident about tomorrow but I know it''ll be a tough game.

Peace out my bitter new friends.

[quote user="EIO"]I love the whole ''Boro cheated at CR to win'' argument ha ha

Firstly the most two blatant cheaters were that gadge who really wants to play for Villa & Bassong who tried to break Vossens neck and then nearly succeeded in breaking his ankle.

In the first 20 mins we were hammering you and it was backs to the wall stuff from you lot - 7 corners in 10 minutes wasn''t it?

Then Bamford got injured and completely ruined our game plan so plan B it was and with a goal cushion we executed it beautifully.

You on the other hand...how many shots on target? Only one real chance all game? Even with us defending the lead we still had a couple of decent chances in the second half. Bamford even missed a sitter.

you lot piss and moan at us and the ref but it''s your players and your manager you should be pointing fingers at even with only 10 and a half men we still stopped you from creating chances and on the day you weren''t good enough to breaks us down.

You''re worse than Derby fans for making excuses and over rate your team like a deluded Geordie.

I''m confident about tomorrow but I know it''ll be a tough game.

Peace out my bitter new friends.[/quote]Doesn''t matter how many connotations of that game one uses, poor refereeing won it for Middlesbrough - end of.Now go fist f*ck your nearest daughter.

The referee is going to have to be very strong if we are going to get a decent game. I honestly can''t remember a team that so blatantly cheaped like Boro.

As soon as they start pretending to be injured the yellows need to start appearing

Lol you''re like sad moany little girls with grazed knees.

You cheated, we didn''t.

Dimi was taking the piss a bit but he was carrying a knock from the wolves game. Ayala had just come back from injury and Vossen got kicked all over.

Cheating? Your Irish Villa fan. You know that Tom Daly wannabe? Diving twat.

First goal will be key we get it they will have to attempt to play football they get it and we will see more of their physio than we will see of our players