Sign in to follow this  
It's Character Forming

Boro fans after the game

Outnumbered 100 to 1 by Boro fans on the Met Line home, they didn''t seem too distraught.

I walked to Wembley from my hotel which unknowingly took me past the Boro pubs. Got some minor stick but no violence. One thing that struck me was that they thought they''d got promotion sealed before a ball was kicked. All I heard was "mighty Boro and we''re going up", references to the two previous fixtures and a general sense of entitlement/arrogance.

Last night''s Trafalger Square takeover looks comical now. LOAD. BLOWN.

from the boro forum

Just a couple of Norwich fans giving it the "we are PL" some tanked up idiots set on them but the kicking one of them got was out of order. My 2 have never seen any football violence and it was right in front of them. And yes I may be overreacting a tad.

PompeySmog Wrote:

Just sat in traffic and had to watch a handful of so called Boro fans make an absolute disgrace of the club. Gutted about the result, that has just topped the cake Sad

There was a touch of that I thought. Did anyone else see the open top bus they had go past Wembley before the match? Talk about tempting fate!

I stopped at Toddington services and there were hundreds of Boro fans. Had a chat to 3 or 4 while queuing - decent guys, gutted to be down for another season. One pointed out the game was a bit like a mirror image of the game at CR and felt we were all over them at the start and they never really looked threatening. Tactfully I didn''t mention the lack of grotesque feigning injuries today...

Hadn''t seen norfolkngoods posts when I posted, I was replying toS10''s comments about their sense of entitlement .

Hopefully the City fans getting beaten up is a one off. You have to use a bit of common sense tho and taunting the other fans is asking for trouble.

A couple of Boro fans stepped in to stop the Norwich fans getting killed. All in all Boro have been a better bunch than supporters of several other teams. It was a massive occassion, a huge result and overall a great weekend was had by both sets of fans.

norfolkngood wrote the following post at 25/05/2015 9:17 PM:

PompeySmog Wrote:

Just sat in traffic and had to watch a handful of so called Boro fans make an absolute disgrace of the club. Gutted about the result, that has just topped the cake Sad

-------------------------

I don''t know if this was the same incident, but there was a few swings and misses from Boro fans to Norwich fans whilst I was driving (in the queue) out the ground. I think he was a bit drunk (to say the least) and it ended in some very heartwarming cuddles between Boro and city fans

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]spoke with a few Boro fans, thought they were good in defeat, not aware that there was any trouble, was there much ?[/quote]On a personal level I got myself into a bit of a fracas, but it was my fault [:D]

Spent a happy couple of hours drinking in West Hampstead and had a few Boro fans come up and shake my hand. Met a few on the way to the game as well and thought they were a good bunch. Three lads in white dust suits (if that''s the right phrase) getting City fans to sign them. Not sure why but they certainly livened up the tube!

I parked west of the stadium and got some stick and a beer can kicked at me and my missus !

Some arrogance and some thug shouting in my face that they were going up !

After the game me the missus and my daughter went in the " ping pong " bar I thought the name was odd too !

Was asked by a group of bork lads to join then for a beer a, and we spent more than an hour having a good laugh and them conceding that we took them apart .

Fantastic day ,,, sad to hear of even small troubles ,,, I think most were ok .

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]There was a touch of that I thought. Did anyone else see the open top bus they had go past Wembley before the match? Talk about tempting fate!

I stopped at Toddington services and there were hundreds of Boro fans. Had a chat to 3 or 4 while queuing - decent guys, gutted to be down for another season. One pointed out the game was a bit like a mirror image of the game at CR and felt we were all over them at the start and they never really looked threatening. Tactfully I didn''t mention the lack of grotesque feigning injuries today...[/quote]A few comments about the mental standing and charity special guests did arise from the open top bus thing. Seemed to be full of beered up aging d1ckheads.Got some stick from a few chavs on the way back, I asked they wanted a chat about the game but was beaten by their  dad / uncle / brother who gave them a clip round the ear and appologised to me.So all in all , lovely bunch as a majority.