Sign in to follow this  
Rasputin was a C...

Rossi Jarvis

I don''t know about the rest of you who went along last night, but I personally was quite impressed with how he played in the center of midfield. Like his brother he looks like he has a good touch and the ability to control and pass the ball. As well as the ability to play in both defence and midfield he look like being another of the youngsters who will be a great asset to this club in the future. I really hope that he, Ryan Jarvis, Henderson and Shackell get their opportunity to show us what they can do.Also... if both Ryan and Rossi are playing what do they put on the shirt? Its not like Gary and Phil Neville where they have different initials. Do they put Ro and Ry or the complete first name?

I agree - in fact I felt Rossi looked far more comfortable than Ryan has done in the first team - although it must be noted that Inter were starting to cool down by this point. The rigours of the Championship will prove tough for him but his performance last night surely warrants a few substitute appearances.

i too was impressed, the way he played was excellent for someone so young. hopefully he will figure this season a bit more.

I''m pretty sure the lad has frequently played in the age group above where you would expect him to play (eg I think he played for the reserves when he was 14 or 15 ??), this is usually an indication of a good player. I just hope as he develops, he finds a position that suits him and we play him in it (assuming he is good enough). I really do feel for Hendo, a young lad who we never play in his actual position, if we cannot accommodate him there I think we ought to send him out on loan - he deserves the chance to see if he can make it or not.   

I don''t rate Ryan (though I missed the Liverpool game) I''ve seen him many times in the reserves and he''s never yet impressed. He seems a bit slow in the brain dept to me, delayed reactions

Agree completely he didn''t look overawed by the occasion, however, as we saw last season your chances of playing in Worthy''s team are very slim if you are a youngster with talent.

One could just have "The Jarve-Meister" written on the back...

I thought he looked good too, certainly one for the future! Give the whole Jarvis family a real chance this season, Shacks has already proven himself, but there''s still one weak link from the youngsters - Hendo! I''ve never been one of the Hendo-bashing squad, but I think he looked out of his depth on Friday night and was glad when he came off... only to be out-played at right wing by a right-back... poor lad.....

I haven''t seen Rossi Jarvis play, though it''s always nice to hear such positive things about our young players, and using a cheque book isn''t always the answer to a teams woes. I personally rate Ryan very highly, he has always impressed me, and he will be a very valuable asset this season, though i do fear it could be a make or break season for the elder of the Jarvis brothers, as he really needs to make the breakthrough into the first team, but he has the talent.