Sign in to follow this  
Jezzard

Do we get Van Wolfswinkel back now?

Given the strikers we have right now and how little cash we''d get for him I say let Alex Neil have a go at making him into a quality player- it''s doable and cheaper than trying to buy another striker.

As a back up/alternative option he could still be good for us and if not replace him in January.

Maybe?

Not now we are PL again ..... too big a risk.

I might have been tempted to want him having another chance if we had been having another season in the Chumps. See what AN could make of his prodigious talents.

More pertinent is whether we consider our current forward line sufficient in the PL. Super strong for the Championship, but do we need to fork out big money for a bigger, better name?

The question then is, who should he replace? I''ve always had an inkling that Gary Hooper has not quite settled, although \I rate him.

We can''t carry Wolfswinkel in the PL.  He is too slow to be a striker who plays on the shoulder of the centre backs, too lightweight to be able to hold the ball up against PL defences, too short to be an aerial threat, and not good enough with a pass to play as a Number 10.
A shame but our best bet would be to maximise our returns by selling him, whenever that opportunity might arise - or loan him out again.

Maybe we could convince the other dutch fellow in charge of Man Utd to swap him for the Little Pea (Chicharito)