Sign in to follow this  
Jules

5 Things NCFC need to do to survive in the PL

Just saw this article posted at the Daily Telegraph. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/norwich-city/11628627/Norwich-City-promoted-five-things-they-need-to-do-to-survive-in-Premier-League.html

In summary:

#1 Do not make the mistake of believing this squad is good enough to compete in the Premier League.

#2 Do not be tempted to sell Nathan Redmond

#3 A new centre-forward needs to be signed

#4 Keep hold of manager Alex Neil

#5 Don’t let Delia Smith on the pitch for a half-time motivational speech

Any thoughts?

The point about a goal scoring forward is right on the button though. We will need goals to stay up. A top notch centre half and possibly another couple of full backs would be good to.

As for Delia, I hope the FA don''t ban her, hubby and McNally for their pitch invasion after the game. :)

1: the squad in principle doesn''t need an overhaul but yes we do need to use the prem money to get some extra quality in. 1 more cb, dorrans made permanent, someone to help tettey, someone to long term replace hoolahan and one more striker, a versetile one much akin to Michu

And Byram

As for the rest of the questions, Redmond is a canary until we get ÂŁ25m for him, Alex Neil is a hero and that doesn''t change if we are 20 the after a couple of games.

My 5 would be:

Keep the squad together

Add a couple of quality players

Keep Alex Neil

Let Alex Neil do things his way

Don''t be tempted to let Alex Neil leave

Ok so that''s really only three things... All blindingly obvious but I have never felt so confident of Premier League survival before a season! This may change come August but really as long as we don''t decide to let too many go I think we''ll be fine. The squad is stronger than the one that got relegated and the manager is better... And that last relegation shouldn''t have happened really... I still believe if we''d had Adams for from the January we''d have stayed up- BUT just like the League 1 relegation brought us Lambert this one has got us Alex Neil and I don''t think that would have happened had we stayed up!

Funny old game!

#1. Get rid of those nowhere remotely near anywhere good enough for even league 2: Miguel, Hooper, Turner. Get rid of the dead weight: RVW, Lafferty, Cuellar