Finally the ghosts of 2002 and the M4 put to bed.

Brilliant driving down the A1 today, boro fans in car after car, stopped at Peterborough services for some abuse and even got spat at, bonus! A few v''s thrown our way around black cat round about.....

Strangely all that red and white parafanalia (sp) seemed to disappear heading north.

Cocky smog heads.

Best journey home, ever. OTBC.

I was at the ''02 play-off final but not this one.I remember that both sets of fans back then were SO tired there was very little bad attitude from either camp. I was going back to Coventry, so mixed it with many Brum fans... one of them even put their had on my shoulder as we walked away from the ground !! The Brum fans were SO quiet, I think after the long drive, 120 mins of footy and a shoot-out, they just wanted to get home !!

We drove up the A1 too (Notts based) and also got a lot of abuse!

It was a shame ''cause second time we stopped we took our shirts off as at first stop had a large group of ''boro fans saying they were going to slash our tyres and wasn''t worth the risk for second stop!

It''s a shame some fans have to try and ruin a good day out.

However, we enjoyed waving the scarf at cars as we went by!!

[quote user="Darcy"]We drove up the A1 too (Notts based) and also got a lot of abuse!

It was a shame ''cause second time we stopped we took our shirts off as at first stop had a large group of ''boro fans saying they were going to slash our tyres and wasn''t worth the risk for second stop!

It''s a shame some fans have to try and ruin a good day out.

However, we enjoyed waving the scarf at cars as we went by!![/quote]

Some of there fans lived up to their stereotypical benefit street tag. Giving it large all the way down, They thought it would be a walkover.

I think it''s something to do with people being in their cars! People get in cars and they behave like tw@ts. Sounds like the fans were mostly all good and friendly down at Wembley.

I agree with a1 canary that most fans were awesome at Wembley (and ones we met on tube). Not so keen on them at the service stations!

We saw a group of Norwich fans on a1(m) just before Peterborough waving scarfs (we waved ours back! - in red audi). Was that you?