Sign in to follow this  
Evil Monkey

Are We Going To Be Ignored Again?

I know that it was probably a good thing that the English media paid very little attention to "little old Norwich" during our promotion year, even when we were top, but it still riled me to open the Sunday papers to find a two-page match report on Ipswich vs Crewe, and only a few paragraphs on Norwich''s humblings of supposedly better teams.

And then last year, the Media had made up their minds early on (Mr Woolnough being the obvious example) and only really got excited about us when Delia got piddled...

So I wonder what will happen this year?  Some bookies have us as favourites to win, but it already seems that BBC Sport have forgotten about us - they wrote full reports on Inter''s games against Leicester and Palace, and for Norwich - nothing! Diddly squat! I know its a minor issue, but it still gets on my nerves a little - I just want to read a balanced, unbiased report of a football match (no offence to the EDP, etc, I just think its nice to get other views on things), and can''t help but think that we''re again going to be restricted to a paragraph here and there whilst the media love-in with Palace and Ipswich continues....

You''re right to be annoyed at City being largely ignored by the national papers. In News of the Screws yesterday, they ran a feature where they predicted where every football league team would finish in the league tables. Predictably enough they had Palarse to finish 1st and City to finish 2nd. Why Palarse 1st? Can''t be anything to do with them being a London team can it? The other strange forecast IMO was QPR to finish 6th....oh and Ippo 3rd. The one which really proved their London bias, was stating that W Ham would survive and Sunderland would be relegated from the premiership. Hello! Sunderland were FIVE places above The ''Ammers last season and several points better off. Great logic their you stupid hacks!

[quote]You''re right to be annoyed at City being largely ignored by the national papers. In News of the Screws yesterday, they ran a feature where they predicted where every football league team would finish ...[/quote]

But in our promotion year we were ahead of both WBA and Palace - yet one survived and the other finished ahead of us - so you cant take league placings as a guide. 

It is all about opinions - its justthat the media hacks tend to get it wrong because of their london bias.  

Second is fine with me  - it shows we have not been overlooked.  Palace have an england international up front and a manager whose weaknesses are overlooked because he is a novelty who will be found out.  

OTBC