Sign in to follow this  
canarycop

NCFC fan arrested after complaint by tv viewer

Has anyone else seen this ??

What is the world coming to where someone sitting at home watching a game can get a fan locked up for throwing abuse at an opposition player.

This is a dangerous precedent to set. Imagine every time a fan throws abuse this happens. Half the crowd will get arrested and banned from a game or two under a community resolution. Imagine if the fan denied it. Then he wouldn''t be eligible for a community resolution and would be charged ..... for what ? . Being a passionate football fan

[quote user="canarycop"]Has anyone else seen this ??

What is the world coming to where someone sitting at home watching a game can get a fan locked up for throwing abuse at an opposition player.

This is a dangerous precedent to set. Imagine every time a fan throws abuse this happens. Half the crowd will get arrested and banned from a game or two under a community resolution. Imagine if the fan denied it. Then he wouldn''t be eligible for a community resolution and would be charged ..... for what ? . Being a passionate football fan[/quote]I have seen this story floating about, but don''t know much about it. Anyone know what he actually said?

I swear, if Ipswich Town get any smaller we are going to need the Hubble telescope to even see them at all.

It was a person watching in Bolton, wasn''t it? I guess that makes it interesting but it''s otherwise a non-story of a guy being done for abusive language. Sexing it up with the (mistaken) allegation of a racial element is something we could do without.

The watcher was not from Ipswich but Nottingham apparently ( or somewhere like that ). He accused our guy of racial abuse towards Mings. The police played this back and decided it was not racial abuse, but the guy has to miss the play off final ?

For once in fairness to Mings he did say he heard nothing to the police

Aye. Fair play to Mings I guess. I am a NCFC fan living in the North East. So if I see a Chelsea fan calling Rooney worse than muck on telly then I can complain and that fan will be asked to accept what he has done and take a community resolution then miss games he has paid to watch. What has happened is ridiculous and the local Police should be ashamed at the way this has been handled. Trial by tv gone mad

I didn''t know anything about this, ridiculous stuff. Makes you hope the binners get on the telly so you can report their supporters to the police.

I know what happened and the bit about the guy in Bolton thinking that he saw racial abuse and reported it to police was true

The Cops moved in a few minutes before the end of the (away) game and nicked the lad.

What happened after that does not show Suffolk Plod in a good light in any shape or form

What the 17 year old said was definitely not racial, but swearing that you would hear from 20,000 others at any other game.

Suffolk Police did not follow certain procedures with an unaccompanied minor, they were self confessed Binner fans, and some of their comments to the lad were pathetic.

They also changed the charge, once his Solicitor had left that evening, hence the ''ban''. NCFC had to abide with this until investigations had run there course.

It was always a non story, once they had proven (very early on in the piece) that there wasn''t any racial stuff said

If you read the article properly, then you will see some discreet journalism. There was never a chance of it going to Court as there was no case to answer

Certain things are still ongoing, and if required, I will comment further on Tuesday

I''m surprised that the police had time to deal with this matter giving all the blubbing from the binners that has been going on about City fans invading the City pitch, after the game.  The aptly named Hunt is now joining in the whinging. Claiming some sort of public spirited deed, when the evidence shows him having a little strop because some fan was probably just having a bit of ''binter''. There was no violence, apart from his childish posturing, nor was there any aimed towards the binners from the City fans. Just fans looning about celebrating their win.Unfortunately what has been seen here once again, is the binners warped sense of entitlement spilling over into snitching and whinging when once again they lose out. Perhaps they should ask themselves who fuced it up when they were 10 points clear of us. No whinging then when they were harping on about ''mind the gap''. If there is one reason for winning on Monday (amongst a few other reasons!) then it is that we won''t have these whining retards back at Carrow Road and we may get to meet fans with a bit more sportsmanship about them, rather than these habitual cry babies.

I just find it bizarre a fan was removed due to racist language, it was ascertained no racist language was used but a ''community resolution'' was still put in place. Something doesn''t add up.

I also find the pitch invasion thing hilarious, I remember being at PR in 2002 when they staged a pitch invasion DURING the game for scoring a last minute equaliser. A pitch invasion for gaining a point, now that''s laughable.

Re Noel "see you next Tuesday" Hunt the video evidence doesn''t support his account at all.

Just posturing to give it the "we''re poor old little ipswich against nasty old norwich" just makes them look smaller and smaller. They treat us like we are Chelsea and they are Carlisle. Which is pretty accurate to be fair but how much is your owner worth? Not our fault he''s ballsed your club up.

If there was any foul play with coppers and this lad who is now missing a once in very long while opportunity then I hope they absolutely nail the coppers involved and in response we move to liberate the border towns in ipswich in a pitchfork berserker mele. That''ll show em

Just as a follow up for all those that took an interest.

the lad DID go yesterday, he was always going, and Norwich City were more than happy for him to go.

Other , legal matters, are still ongoing......................

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Just as a follow up for all those that took an interest.

the lad DID go yesterday, he was always going, and Norwich City were more than happy for him to go.

Other , legal matters, are still ongoing......................[/quote]Good.Glad he didn''t miss the match[Y]