Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Thanks to Middsbro for beating us...

......at CR.  It has given us a memory to last a lifetime - beating Ipswich....again......and a final at Wembley which allowed us to show the world how good we can be.   It would have been easier stress wise, to get automatic promotion, but the extra matches have cemented a belief, resolve  and further raised the manager''s credentials that can only help us next season.  Onwards and upwards! 

[quote user="Wes Hooly Fan"]How many more fricken threads are you gonna start today?![/quote][:D]

As many as I want.  Will still be buzzing for a while yet after yesterday.   The way our season has been has been like a truie roller coaster and the twists and turns which led us to Wembley are part of our history now.  I was fully ready for another roller coaster yesterday, a tighter game and maybe penalties, but the team and manager did it for us in style.  The best performance by us on the national stage since Bayern away imo, although I''m sure others will think different.

Actually I think there is a serious point lurking in there. I would not underestimate the importance of that defeat to yesterday''s game. I was convinced that it would have rankled and therefore acted to galvanise the manager and the team, as well as proving to be a very useful exercise tactically in how to deal with them. Alex Neil seems to be a deep thinker, and I am sure he and the coaches will have pored long and hard over that game, seen where we went wrong (especially in the first 15) and also how we failed to break them down.

Indeed. In hindsight Boro fans may wish to have played it out against Watford.

From a Cioty perspective the playoffs were what dreams are made of. 4 more goals vs the Scum just to show them where they belong, then beating Boro comprehensively, and using their own tactics - probably the best script that could have been written.

I think that the OP has made a valid point. On the way down to Wembley we were discussing the Ippo semi finals and the conclusion was coming through those games stood us in good stead for the final, because those games were more than play off semi final. We also felt that AN would have learnt from that defeat to Boro, and so it came to pass, although I do not think any of us could have predicted just how much we were in control, particularly in the first half......

I was saying much the same at breakfast; Norwich climbed the mountain the tricky way - something we wouldn''t have needed to had we not lost to ''Boro at home.

The play-offs under this diamond manager have been exhilarating. Wembley was a fabulous day out - with an expectant, focussed team set up to get the job done.

The performance at Wembley was competent and straight-forward. Just like our manager. I like competent and straight-forward!