Sign in to follow this  
GPs Beard

Mike Dean

I''m not sure whether this appointment has been highlighted enough?

Usually, if see Mike Dean down to be the ref I would sigh as I''m no fan of his over officious patronising style.

However on this occasion I''m quite glad to see him in charge of this game.

The day after Middlesbro''s disgraceful display of timewasting and playacting I remember watching and then commenting on this board about the way he handled the Chelsea v Man United.

Basically he was everything that the ref vs Boro wasn''t and should have been....Chelsea after going 1-0 up were trying all the tricks Boro did, timewasting,feigning injury...and Mike Dean saw through each and every one of them....on one occasion just running away from Drogba and telling him to get up after clearly going down ,feigning injury, to waste time.

He "could" be our most important man on the pitch tomorrow

a word for this man today......apparant from a very early stage that he was having none of Boro''s playacting and underhand gamesmanship and it seemed to visibly shock both their players and fans alike that here was a ref that was on to them.

exactly what was needed today.

First time for a long while I felt we got a fair crack from the ref. I had begun to think that I was kidding myself that refs are overly harsh on us but dean for more or less every call right.

Had a good game on the whole and was a little in our favor a few times- I think he may have watched the last match and was actually not prepared to give Boro the benefit of the doubt at any stage.

Good referee...hope we have him a few times next season...iso fecking Clattenburg or Oliver

Ref was superb, I realised early on he was a cut above the normal refs we get. For a game of this importance I''m so grateful. Imagine if Boro had been given a pen instead of a yellow car in the second half!

Thought he was excellent. Got the dive spot on, let the game flow and also seemed to be on Ruddy for timewasting which is good to see (winds me up when refs don''t do anything about this.)

[quote user="king canary"]Thought he was excellent. Got the dive spot on, let the game flow and also seemed to be on Ruddy for timewasting which is good to see (winds me up when refs don''t do anything about this.)[/quote]Couldn''t agree more.Always helps when you win but I think it''s when you hardly notice they''re there they''ve had a good game. That was the case here.There was no chance of Middlesbrough getting up to their Carrow Rd tricks with this bloke.Well done.