Sign in to follow this  
Red_Army

Congratulations

Just popped over to congratulate you lot on promotion. We didn''t show up, you did, fair enough. Gutted to lose but that''s football. The better team won, you were dominant and made chances whereas we didn''t. You all seemed like a decent bunch and I hope we meet again in the premier league for the 2016-2017 season! Good luck, hope you do well next season and hammer the Geordies and Mackams twice for us! Also if we ever meet at Wembley again, get yourselves down Trafalgar Square it was bouncing.

[quote user="Johnny Stump"]Very gracious Red Army.

It was important to score first in this match.

Good luck for next year.[/quote]

I agree, it was important to get off to a good start. Shame we couldn''t have a mega twenty minutes to start off with like at Carrow Road! Good luck to you too, expect to see you playing well and finishing comfortably in mid table.

Fair play to you Red, at least your not the only NE team in red and white to lose to us at Wembley!

Good luck next year, get 6 points against the blue and white scum next year and you will

Well done Norwich, your lads played a blinder today. We weren''t at the races.

Good luck next season

Cheers guys, your fans played an important part in a very special day. Made for an excellent atmosphere pre match and were gracious in defeat afterwards....

Unfortunately for you we saved our best for the big day but you have plenty to look forward to next season.

one tip though....next time we meet at Wembley dont go out the night before and worship at the feet of Norfolks finest son.

I did think that the larger pitch and bigger crowd at Wembly would favour Norwich but wasn''t sure if it would have been enough to offset how Middlesbrough had been able to beat Norwich twice this season already !

[quote user="K Lo"]I did think that the larger pitch and bigger crowd at Wembly would favour Norwich but wasn''t sure if it would have been enough to offset how Middlesbrough had been able to beat Norwich twice this season already ![/quote]Just to dispel a myth, the pitch at Wembley is one yard longer, and one yard wider, than Carrow Road.

Well done Norwich, a class above us on the day, worthy winners, enjoyed chatting to a few of you before and after, great friendly bunch, sadly they was a few knob heads from Teesside, but I hope you think they were a small minority.

As for the Trafalgar square thing, it wasn''t over confidence, it''s just where we meet up for a sing song, 520 miles is a lot in a day and when your staying over its just like one big get together. Most of the regulars I know were anything but confident deep down

Anyway just to say your fans though not the loudest were a credit to your club and city, humble in victory and a pleasure to converse with, goodbye for now and good luck for next season.

Thanks for that OP and the other generous comments.I wasn''t at all confident before the game but the first 20 mins settled it. Talked to Boro fans who accepted it just wasn''t their day.I don''t think it''ll be long before you''re back in the Premier League

Just to respond to our fans being ''not the loudest'' (which has certainly been the case at CR at times this season), I thought the Boro fans really let their team down after we scored. Didnt get behind the team and give their full support in the most important game for a very long time.

Yes it must have been a crushing blow to lose 2 goals so early on but to then be so quiet for the following 75 minutes certainly didn''t inspire the team to get back into it.

I actually thought the City support was fantastic throughout minus the weird bit from Adrian Forbes when most around me hadn''t got a clue what was going on.

Good luck to Boro next season. Some good banter on ther whole though there were a very few bitter knobheads after the match once the drink had flowed a bit.

I also learned a new song about Juninho and his magic hat!