Sign in to follow this  
Rabs

Francis to Wigan - Official

Strange that there is nothing on the NCFC site (yet) or any other site that I have looked at.

Ho hum, if the fee is high enough, £2 Million plus, it had to happen.

Wigan have cash to burn (they bid 10 million for Parker when a 6 million bid was acceptable). IMO they made a bid of 2 million, with the aim of it being accepted, and a deal tied up before portsmouth say, had a chance to get in their own bid

Both clubs have apparently agreed a fee but Wigan have yet to speak to Francis.  It would be ironic if Francis signed for them and Wigan were relegated as we go back up to the Premiership.  I think Francis will have to seriously consider whether he will further his career at Wigan.

After his performance against Inter I would like to see him stay here and wait to get promoted with us this season.

I wonder if Francis or his agent had any say in Norwich accepting Wigan''s bid as it seems like both were trying to secure a move to Portsmouth.

Norwich accepting Wigan''s bid could be a ploy for Pompey to up their own bid. I very much doubt this is the final twist in the Francis saga

[quote]I wonder if Francis or his agent had any say in Norwich accepting Wigan''s bid as it seems like both were trying to secure a move to Portsmouth. Norwich accepting Wigan''s bid could be a ploy for Pompe...[/quote]

I''m liking the sound of that. If he''s not going to stay, then at least it seems the club are trying to get an auction going for him, and hopefully we''ll get the right price.

i shall surely hope not!

Francis to wigan? i will never live that down, wigan! wigan, the very team who are looking favourites to come straight back down. If Francis actually agrees the move, he is a bigger fool than i thought.

What a combination:

Marshall the judas

Francis the clown

[quote]i shall surely hope not! Francis to wigan? i will never live that down, wigan! wigan, the very team who are looking favourites to come straight back down. If Francis actually agrees the move, he is a...[/quote]

Anyway, see you in the Championship in 2006/2007 season Damien!!!

If he goes to Wigan then he is getting some seriously bad advice from his agent...

Im hoping we keep him, but looks as though he will be going to the highest bidder.

[quote]If he goes to Wigan then he is getting some seriously bad advice from his agent... Im hoping we keep him, but looks as though he will be going to the highest bidder.[/quote]

his agent is only interested in the biggest cut he can get himself...which means the highest fee and the highest wages which i have no doubt that Wigan will offer both as they have money to burn.

What was it his agent said tho? - he was only interested in going to Portsmouth- well the next 48 hours should be interesting

Are our management playing a game of bluff with Damo?  As most posters have noted this really would be a short term approach from Damo as the likelihood is that tyhey will get relegated next summer (us passing them the other was is an assumption way too far - we may do it but are more likely not to).   Wigan appears to be the wrong direction for Damo, he is more likely to get regular football there than Pompey.

My main worry is that the fee seems too small for his value to citys squad and thelikely cost of any replacement(s).

The key thing is to get the deal done quickly, we can then get to use the cash before the end of the month - at least that is one thing wigan should be able to do - give us the fee in one lump usable sum.

OTBC 

IOf the fee is lower than expected it can only be because Worthington wants him out of Carrow Road - no bad thing if Francis is no longer committed to the cause.

I think this sums up Francis to me. The guy thinks he''s wonderful, we think he''s a lazy underachiever. The only bids he can get are from Wigan who will come straight down, and Portsmouth who must be a possibility for relegation too and not exactly a bigger club then us anyway. Short term and blinkered thinking when he could have had a good career here had he stayed interested.

So, Mr Francis there''s not much of a queue for your services, and don''t expect Mr Wenger to come knocking either, you are more likely to be the new Shaun Carey rather than the new Patrick Viera.

I bet Nigel is rubbing his hands with glee- a bit of dosh to splash on a defender now.