Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Thank you to the Fans...all of you today

I booked my holiday when Neil Adams was manager... convinced we''d not make the playoffs I booked for this week.

Sadly It meant I missed out on a day at Wembley. Something I was very sad about until today.

me and the family set off this morning down the A11... passing coach loads of supporters, cars with scarves up, people waving from bridges... The expectations of thousands...

at 2:30 this afternoon I arrived in Wales... pulled onto the village pub near where i''m staying and went in... it was just me, my GF and my daughter... sat in the corner staring at the screen. we couldnt hear it...

The goals were cheered, the performance was admired by the landlord and the few locals...

i felt pleased, but also gutted... then just about 88 minutes the cameras flashed to the fans... the faces of you lot... we''ve had some ups and downs over the years but the looks on all of your faces was superb!

It made me feel proud... you''d all done it together! Whilst i wasnt there I could feel as though I was by the pictures on Tv of the flags, banners, inflatables..

what a day! hopefully we wont have to wait too long for the next visit and I can have my day with you all...

but thank you fans.. for doing the city, club and yourselves proud!!!

one voice singing in the valleys tonight!

Jas gutted for you matey, you are correct to be proud, the fans were amazing today, as we all knew they / we would be, enjoy your hole and look forward to next season under Alex Neil, football genus.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]I booked my holiday when Neil Adams was manager... convinced we''d not make the playoffs I booked for this week.

Sadly It meant I missed out on a day at Wembley. Something I was very sad about until today.

me and the family set off this morning down the A11... passing coach loads of supporters, cars with scarves up, people waving from bridges... The expectations of thousands...

at 2:30 this afternoon I arrived in Wales... pulled onto the village pub near where i''m staying and went in... it was just me, my GF and my daughter... sat in the corner staring at the screen. we couldnt hear it...

The goals were cheered, the performance was admired by the landlord and the few locals...

i felt pleased, but also gutted... then just about 88 minutes the cameras flashed to the fans... the faces of you lot... we''ve had some ups and downs over the years but the looks on all of your faces was superb!

It made me feel proud... you''d all done it together! Whilst i wasnt there I could feel as though I was by the pictures on Tv of the flags, banners, inflatables..

what a day! hopefully we wont have to wait too long for the next visit and I can have my day with you all...

one voice singing in the valleys tonight![/quote]With no due respect, jas the barclay king, you can f*ck off with your thank you''s - from your first sentence I immediately thought "Oh no, not another tw@t dissing Neil Adams." We mightn''t have gone up under Adams, but fans should not need reminding how much our club means to the former and how he left respectfully in light of us being placed just outside the play-offs -- no manager in the history of NCFC has stepped down, nor been sacked, with the team in such a strong position - like it or not, Adams has played an integral part of our promotion this season.I hope the remainder of your holiday sucks sh*t.  

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/IMAG0752_zps92qptk97.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/IMAG0752_zps92qptk97.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

"like it or not, Adams has played an integral part of our promotion this season."

He certainly did, Alex Neil has had to have a win ratio of 70% just to finish in the play-offs, outstanding achievement from everyone involved with the club, but mostly AN who''s made the difference here

I thoroughly enjoyed the day out and it was fantastic to see a sea of yellow and green being so vocal, a day not to forget.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]"like it or not, Adams has played an integral part of our promotion this season."

He certainly did, Alex Neil has had to have a win ratio of 70% just to finish in the play-offs, outstanding achievement from everyone involved with the club, but mostly AN who''s made the difference here

I thoroughly enjoyed the day out and it was fantastic to see a sea of yellow and green being so vocal, a day not to forget.[/quote]And if Adams had done so badly that he left us near the bottom of the Division when he departed then even a 70% win rate mightn''t have been enough to get us into the Play-Offs - so less of the sarcasm, f*ck-knuckle.

With no due respect, jas the barclay king, you can f*ck off with your thank you''s - from your first sentence I immediately thought "Oh no, not another tw@t dissing Neil Adams."

We mightn''t have gone up under Adams, but fans should not need reminding how much our club means to the former and how he left respectfully in light of us being placed just outside the play-offs -- no manager in the history of NCFC has stepped down, nor been sacked, with the team in such a strong position - like it or not, Adams has played an integral part of our promotion this season.

I hope the remainder of your holiday sucks sh*t.

What the hell is wrong with you ?

[quote user="quentin"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]I booked my holiday when Neil Adams was manager... convinced we''d not make the playoffs I booked for this week.

one voice singing in the valleys tonight![/quote]With no due respect, jas the barclay king, you can f*ck off with your thank you''s - from your first sentence I immediately thought "Oh no, not another tw@t dissing Neil Adams." We mightn''t have gone up under Adams, but fans should not need reminding how much our club means to the former and how he left respectfully in light of us being placed just outside the play-offs -- no manager in the history of NCFC has stepped down, nor been sacked, with the team in such a strong position - like it or not, Adams has played an integral part of our promotion this season.I hope the remainder of your holiday sucks sh*t.   [/quote]Geezus!!  What a stupidly needless rant on a great-great day. Stay classy quentin!Jas - no thanks required. It was a great day.

Sorry you weren''t there to be ''in amongst it'' Jas, it really was the most incredible day! Hoped to catch up with a few Pink''un posters, but it was sheer madness as soon as everybody hit Wembley Way!

[quote user="Alex "]Sorry you weren''t there to be ''in amongst it'' Jas, it really was the most incredible day! Hoped to catch up with a few Pink''un posters, but it was sheer madness as soon as everybody hit Wembley Way![/quote]All pre game plans went to rat poop, our coach arrived really late, the traffic round Wembley was terrible!

Yeah, that was bloody annoying mate, was looking forward to catching you and Eddie etc, I even had a couple of cans of coke at the ready for him which I was made to drink before going in the Novatel bar!. I went in the Metropolis(?) afterwards, and met some top City fans in there, as well as David McNally. Did you make it in time comfortably to take your seats mate?

[quote user="Alex "]Yeah, that was bloody annoying mate, was looking forward to catching you and Eddie etc, I even had a couple of cans of coke at the ready for him which I was made to drink before going in the Novatel bar!. I went in the Metropolis(?) afterwards, and met some top City fans in there, as well as David McNally. Did you make it in time comfortably to take your seats mate?[/quote]Oh it was fine, nothing disastrous, probably 90 minutes later than we expected though. We intended walking down to the Torch, but we didn''t really get parked up till about oneish, so mooched around outside for a bit, then just headed into the Wembley concourse.We had to get straight on the bus after, then took well over an hour to get out of the carpark.Not that it mattered[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Alex "]Yeah, that was bloody annoying mate, was looking forward to catching you and Eddie etc, I even had a couple of cans of coke at the ready for him which I was made to drink before going in the Novatel bar!. I went in the Metropolis(?) afterwards, and met some top City fans in there, as well as David McNally. Did you make it in time comfortably to take your seats mate?[/quote]Oh it was fine, nothing disastrous, probably 90 minutes later than we expected though. We intended walking down to the Torch, but we didn''t really get parked up till about oneish, so mooched around outside for a bit, then just headed into the Wembley concourse.We had to get straight on the bus after, then took well over an hour to get out of the carpark.Not that it mattered[:)] [/quote]Yes the fans were great. Shame about the coaches. Nice to get there door-to-door but it''s a b*gger when they''re late and they also leave straightaway afterwards. No alcohol is a bit of downer too. Didn''t you fancy the train Morty ?We made it to the Torch after the game. Bit of a hole inside but the tables outside were handy for giving the endless Boro coaches a cheery wave as they got held up at the traffic lights on Bridge RdHow childish....[;)]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="morty"][quote user="Alex "]Yeah, that was bloody annoying mate, was looking forward to catching you and Eddie etc, I even had a couple of cans of coke at the ready for him which I was made to drink before going in the Novatel bar!. I went in the Metropolis(?) afterwards, and met some top City fans in there, as well as David McNally. Did you make it in time comfortably to take your seats mate?[/quote]Oh it was fine, nothing disastrous, probably 90 minutes later than we expected though. We intended walking down to the Torch, but we didn''t really get parked up till about oneish, so mooched around outside for a bit, then just headed into the Wembley concourse.We had to get straight on the bus after, then took well over an hour to get out of the carpark.Not that it mattered[:)] [/quote]Yes the fans were great. Shame about the coaches. Nice to get there door-to-door but it''s a b*gger when they''re late and they also leave straightaway afterwards. No alcohol is a bit of downer too. Didn''t you fancy the train Morty ?We made it to the Torch after the game. Bit of a hole inside but the tables outside were handy for giving the endless Boro coaches a cheery wave as they got held up at the traffic lights on Bridge RdHow childish....[;)][/quote]I would have been happier with the train mate, but there was the uncertainty about the strike, so rather than leave it late, bought coach tickets.I had a few bottles of "special" cola on the bus[;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="morty"][quote user="Alex "]Yeah, that was bloody annoying mate, was looking forward to catching you and Eddie etc, I even had a couple of cans of coke at the ready for him which I was made to drink before going in the Novatel bar!. I went in the Metropolis(?) afterwards, and met some top City fans in there, as well as David McNally. Did you make it in time comfortably to take your seats mate?[/quote]Oh it was fine, nothing disastrous, probably 90 minutes later than we expected though. We intended walking down to the Torch, but we didn''t really get parked up till about oneish, so mooched around outside for a bit, then just headed into the Wembley concourse.We had to get straight on the bus after, then took well over an hour to get out of the carpark.Not that it mattered[:)] [/quote]Yes the fans were great. Shame about the coaches. Nice to get there door-to-door but it''s a b*gger when they''re late and they also leave straightaway afterwards. No alcohol is a bit of downer too. Didn''t you fancy the train Morty ?We made it to the Torch after the game. Bit of a hole inside but the tables outside were handy for giving the endless Boro coaches a cheery wave as they got held up at the traffic lights on Bridge RdHow childish....[;)][/quote]I would have been happier with the train mate, but there was the uncertainty about the strike, so rather than leave it late, bought coach tickets.I had a few bottles of "special" cola on the bus[;)][/quote]What and still passed the exit breathalyser back in Norwich ?  [:D]

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="quentin"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]I booked my holiday when Neil Adams was manager... convinced we''d not make the playoffs I booked for this week.

one voice singing in the valleys tonight![/quote]With no due respect, jas the barclay king, you can f*ck off with your thank you''s - from your first sentence I immediately thought "Oh no, not another tw@t dissing Neil Adams." We mightn''t have gone up under Adams, but fans should not need reminding how much our club means to the former and how he left respectfully in light of us being placed just outside the play-offs -- no manager in the history of NCFC has stepped down, nor been sacked, with the team in such a strong position - like it or not, Adams has played an integral part of our promotion this season.I hope the remainder of your holiday sucks sh*t.   [/quote]Geezus!!  What a stupidly needless rant on a great-great day. Stay classy quentin!Jas - no thanks required. It was a great day.[/quote][:O] Who in f*cks name do you think you are chipping in with your two-penneth worth all the way from Australia? [:@] Were you at Wembley for what was indeed a great day? In fact, when was the last time you attended a game here in England and contributed to our club money-wise? I''ll go further by assuming you''ve emigrated to Australia and waiting to pick up a UK State Pension despite contributing nothing here by way of taxes for years [:@]What IS stupid & needless, you cock-juggling-thunder-c*nt, is supposed supporters of our club constantly dismissing Adams contribution - I''ve read it here too many times and I can assure you that it''s the absolute opposite to ''classy''.I will concede that my remark about ''jas the barclay king''s'' holiday was a tad needless, but I was both hung-over & very tired at the time and upon reading yet another unwarranted comment regarding Adams, I saw red.Suffice it to say, I hope ''jas'' has a wonderful holiday [:)]

[quote user="quentin"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="quentin"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]I booked my holiday when Neil Adams was manager... convinced we''d not make the playoffs I booked for this week.

one voice singing in the valleys tonight![/quote]With no due respect, jas the barclay king, you can f*ck off with your thank you''s - from your first sentence I immediately thought "Oh no, not another tw@t dissing Neil Adams." We mightn''t have gone up under Adams, but fans should not need reminding how much our club means to the former and how he left respectfully in light of us being placed just outside the play-offs -- no manager in the history of NCFC has stepped down, nor been sacked, with the team in such a strong position - like it or not, Adams has played an integral part of our promotion this season.I hope the remainder of your holiday sucks sh*t.   [/quote]Geezus!!  What a stupidly needless rant on a great-great day. Stay classy quentin!Jas - no thanks required. It was a great day.[/quote][:O] Who in f*cks name do you think you are chipping in with your two-penneth worth all the way from Australia? [:@] Were you at Wembley for what was indeed a great day? In fact, when was the last time you attended a game here in England and contributed to our club money-wise? I''ll go further by assuming you''ve emigrated to Australia and waiting to pick up a UK State Pension despite contributing nothing here by way of taxes for years [:@]What IS stupid & needless, you cock-juggling-thunder-c*nt, is supposed supporters of our club constantly dismissing Adams contribution - I''ve read it here too many times and I can assure you that it''s the absolute opposite to ''classy''.I will concede that my remark about ''jas the barclay king''s'' holiday was a tad needless, but I was both hung-over & very tired at the time and upon reading yet another unwarranted comment regarding Adams, I saw red.Suffice it to say, I hope ''jas'' has a wonderful holiday [:)][/quote]I was born in Australia. I choose to live in Norwich.I''m a UK tax payer.I am a NCFC season ticket holder.I was at Wembley yesterday, as well as every home game for the last 3 years.If you ever fancy jumping out from behind the keyboard and ''discussing'' any of the further issues you raise above, I''d be more than happy to school you. Just let me know.Stay classy!