Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Luongo

Apparently 3 offers from the prem and on his way this week? We have been busy with Swindon the last year so perhaps one of them is us? I know from the Thompson brothers dad that we scouted both them and have been heavily present at Swindon games the last couple of years.

Watched Swindon live for the first time on Saturday, from what I saw and heard both Thompson''s are worth a try but Luongo is a waist of space, he believes in his reports from the Asian Cup and hasn''t played well since, as for Saturday''s game he always slowed the game down and most passes were sideways or back NO, NO, from me.  

There were a few rumors that we were in for him before relegation. I''m surprised no one has snapped him up. Villa is one of the clubs, pretty sure Palace is another.Although not an immediate need, I''d have him here is a second. Asian cup player of the tournament, shining along side supper Timmy Cahill.Unlikely to happen though. I think he''ll go to Palace and link up with Jedinak.

Isn''t he attacking mid? I feel we need a second wes type player, perhaps a bit more physical but just as creative. Where does luongo play?

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Isn''t he attacking mid? I feel we need a second wes type player, perhaps a bit more physical but just as creative. Where does luongo play?[/quote]Correct. He''s one for the Wes role.That would be my only concern. Perhaps in that role we''d need someone more proven at the level - as if you compete for a start with Wes.I''m always going to be biased, but I like him a lot.

He''s a central, attack minded midfielder - like Howson, Johnson and Dorrans. Certainly not better than any of those three.

I think he''s a good player who could become a great one - but Norwich need to prioritise their signings.

Swindon canary Louis Thompson is already our player we signed him last summer. Then loaned him back.