Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Wembley tannoy, scoreboard and who was the bloke in the Canary shirt

Couldn''t understand a single word from the tannoy and you needed binoculars to read the time on the scoreboard at the other end, pretty poor for such a fantastic stadium. Also who was the bloke who presumably was our club spokesman to lead our part in the pre match music, wasn''t it great to hear Day Dream Believer again.

The Middlesborough cheerleader on the tannoy did an excellent job and the response from the Middsbro fans was superb.  It was a case for our guy of "follow that", which he and us weren''t quite up to.   Having said that it was all pretty meaningless once the match started and our fans will have been the most hoarse at the end.

Agree the scoreboard was pretty rubbish, I generally dislike the big scoreboard with the constant stream of the match when all you need is the score and time. The time kept vanishing as well which was bloody anoying!

[quote user="Ginja"]Agree the scoreboard was pretty rubbish, I generally dislike the big scoreboard with the constant stream of the match when all you need is the score and time. The time kept vanishing as well which was bloody anoying![/quote]When you''re winning at Wembley you want it to go as fast as possible surely ? [;)]

They made more noise before the game - we made more noise after it started. 😀

The scoreboard clock was irritating, definitely on the small side but very annoying when it just went away from time to time.

I always set the stopwatch on my phone running mainly because the stadium clock always stops at 90 minutes and it helps to know how many minutes we''re into stoppage time. Fortunately by that point Boro were played out so it was less nerve wracking than a few earlier games this season.

The tannoy where I was sat was atrocious - could barely make out a word, and that will have plenty to do with the noise difference prior to the match as we weren''t aware we were being ''cheer-led''! (Unlike in the Cardiff final, where they got it pretty much right).

I was perfect happy with the screens - you don''t want to be sat watching them instead of the game, but they are handy to glance at (and it''s always nice to see the goals from the s-f again!); I suppose the timer might have been a bit small if you were right at the back though.

I was near-ish the top, and couldn''t hear the tannoy at all, so also wasn''t aware we were being cheer-led!

I quite liked the screens, being nearer the back meant it was quite nice to see some of the close up shots, and also appreciated re-plays!