Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Streams

This post is probably of more interest to plastics like me, but others remember that now we are back in the PL there will be streaming for all our games, home and away.

They have always been a bit of a pain, but with a bit of nous I managed to exist with both First Row and Wiziwig, often very well.

Then the rules changed (something to do with new restrictions in Spain, I believe) and the two mainstays became defunct.

That is, until they teamed up with Feed2all.

Beware this site is dangerous. Instantly my Norton anti-virus has to deal with malicious threats and I now believe that this rogue site has, single-handedly de-stabilised my laptop to the point where it is sometimes a trial to use.

Fortunately, I purchased a Chromebook from HP which is excellent.

I now only use the de-stabilised machine for streaming. The Chromebook for surfing and an older laptop I have for printing etc.

Has anybody else suffered similarly.

I have just realised that this posting might be considered illegal on this site, although I am actually discouraging others from streaming, or at least on a valued machine..

Roll on the day when PL clubs are allowed to broadcast their official streams and make them available on a pay-per-view basis. It will surely come about..

While Sky and BT Sports are willing to pay the money they do clubs streaming their own games will never happen.

It would also need the Premier League to change one of its strongest rules about collective bargaining and allow clubs to manage their rights individually. If this happens it will be the death of the Premier League, and horrendous news for Norwich.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]While Sky and BT Sports are willing to pay the money they do clubs streaming their own games will never happen.

It would also need the Premier League to change one of its strongest rules about collective bargaining and allow clubs to manage their rights individually. If this happens it will be the death of the Premier League, and horrendous news for Norwich.[/quote]

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]While Sky and BT Sports are willing to pay the money they do clubs streaming their own games will never happen.

It would also need the Premier League to change one of its strongest rules about collective bargaining and allow clubs to manage their rights individually. If this happens it will be the death of the Premier League, and horrendous news for Norwich.[/quote]

Who knows what the future may bring BYG? The PL is already being undermined by the hotch potch of illegal streaming that exists today.

From a personal point of view, I usually go to a few NCFC games in London each season. Convenient for me. Last season of us I was disinclined because because of the knowledge that I could watch a stream from the comfort of my armchair. There wil have been many others like me.

Eventually the PL and the TV companies will have to bite the bullet and accept that some sort of compromise will have to be reached. Already the sacrosanct 3pm Saturday afternoon starting time has been breached.

All sport is becoming a television event as well as a live spectator event. Look at cricket and golf, both have thrived since becoming regulars on the small screen.

Finally, I would gladly pay £10 per time to the NCFC coffers in order to watch an official stream. At the moment I contribute nothing to the Club.

Times change and technology ensures this

I don''t know what happened there with my quotes.

I switched to Opera because my use of Firefox had been rendered difficult by ........... illegal streams.

I will add BYG that, as was illustrated by the posting after yours by Morty, that should the PL and then TV companies not address this problem, then others will.

I''ve not had any problems using free Avast and ABP advert pop-up blocker on FireFox browser.

[quote user="paul moy"]I''ve not had any problems using free Avast and ABP advert pop-up blocker on FireFox browser.[/quote]
I used AVG for a number of years and was perfectly happy with it. Recently I had to re-format my hard disk and re-install everything and have been unable to use AVG (the installation keeps failing). After reading some reviews I subsequently went with Avast but I find it slows my computer down to a crawl. Chrome, in particular, now takes a good fifteen to twenty seconds to load up and be ready to use. Did you notice any slowdown after you installed Avast?

At the moment the Premier League wants Sky and BT''s money. Sky and BT will only pay that while clubs aren''t allowed to broadcast their own games through Club TV channels or on the internet.

If the situation were to change BT and SKY will only pay a fraction of the money they currently pay as they will lose massive amounts of subscription money - fans will only want to pay to watch their own team.

This change in policy will result in the bigger clubs being able to make many, many more millions than smaller teams like Norwich.

Whilst times are changing, and streams are having an effect Sky and BT both seem to feel they don''t damage the market enough. As you said a couple of the larger players have been taken out recently through EU regulation.

I have no doubt more and more people will watch games through the internet over the coming seasons - I still think the services will be provided by only a few large companies.

I cannot see a situation in the next 10 years where fans will pay money directly to clubs to watch the game. Which is fortunate for Norwich (and basically every club that isn''t Man U, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool).

Hi Chip20,

Avast works well for me. What have done is removed a lot of memory and storage hogging stuff such as Google earth, and I don''t do automatic updates to Vista etc.

I also clear cookies every few days on Firefox, but keep cookies and other stuff for Google Chrome for the cash back website Imutual etc.

I use Firefox with Strict Pop Up Blocker and Adblock Plus installed. Use various streams for football, golf and horse racing (ATR & Racing UK) on a daily basis and have never had a problem with viruses etc.And by using the above I never get pop ups or adverts. If you have any doubts then download the free version of Malwarebytes and then run it after watching.This is not an alternative to AVG etc and acts as another way of detecting viruses etc http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/

[quote user="morty"]Buy one of these, all the football you''ll ever need.http://www.nanotvonline.co.uk/[/quote]How does that work? Does it even work at all? And from abroad as well? The site is a bit short on detail, but appears to claim to have everything and anything you want, on demand, for free. No subscription, you just pay for the box. That sounds too good to be true, surely?

[quote user="steakbearnaise"][quote user="morty"]Buy one of these, all the football you''ll ever need.http://www.nanotvonline.co.uk/[/quote]How does that work? Does it even work at all? And from abroad as well? The site is a bit short on detail, but appears to claim to have everything and anything you want, on demand, for free. No subscription, you just pay for the box. That sounds too good to be true, surely?[/quote]I have one in my spare room. Its everything it says it is. All you need is an internet connection.

Sky are missing a trick here, they could get subscriptions to watch a game live from fans that live outside the area, just don''t allow it within say 50-100 miles of the event. Maybe the Footy League would not object to that.

Chip20 - you mention chrome being slow to start. I have found that a plug in called the great suspender is very helpful in keeping chrome under control (too many tabs creates memory issues). It''s a free plug in too.

Broad stairs, try using Cleaner and Malwarebytes free downloads to fix your PC. I had an old laptop that was running slower than a tortoise on a downer, went on the web and found these two gems. Sped up said laptop and it runs like new now. Give it a go you could well get yours back to the way it was!

OTBC