Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

best ever wembly performance

absolutely superb! Didn''t think it possible that we could play so well on such an enormous occasion. Fantastic reaction from the players and staff after. Just loved staring at the TV screen at the faces and the hugs. We seemed to impress all the pundits too. Ref had a great game too. Had total confidence in him from pretty early on. For once, no nagging worry that the ref could just spoil things. today and last few months has added something extra even compared to the elation and success under PL. Great fans,great club and great Alex Neil.

We played our game right from the start. Nerves settled very quickly. We played like we knew we belonged there. Like we did for 4 seasons under Paul Lambert.

AN will approach next season the same way. It worked for him at Hamilton against (relatively speaking) much bigger competition.

And he''s only 33! Lock him in now and give him the resources he needs and we''ll be in the Prem for a long time.

If we stay up next season there is a huge uplift in tv money. The board should give serious consideration to increasing the ground capacity utilising the extra TV income as they will still have the income equivalent to next season''s income.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]If we stay up next season there is a huge uplift in tv money. The board should give serious consideration to increasing the ground capacity utilising the extra TV income as they will still have the income equivalent to next season''s income.[/quote]

Ideally, yes but there are so many other factors to be taken into account as have been well documented on this forum in the past.

As times go, they don''t come much better though.

I am left wondering what our Club''s wealth is atm. I know we came into the summer with s bank account showing £7m+

We have to factor into that impending parachute money for the season and gate and TV receipts (enhanced by a play off place.) Our transfer dealings more or less cancelled each other out (although Adams and staff needed paying off and AN cost us a bit) and the players were on relegation clauses. We have no debt interest to pay.

My fag packet calculations suggest that we could enter next season with a £20m plus surplus, may be more and next season is said to be worth £130m.

I am prepared to stand corrected by anybody more in the know, but we are now a rich club and getting richer. The stands burst at the seams for every home game. A stadium holding 35, 000 would be just right.

Yes a bigger stadium would be nice but ticket sales become less important with each tv contract. We''d be silly to use funds next season to expand or rebuild. Wait a few years and do it when we have more available without jeopardizing playing budget.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]I am prepared to stand corrected by anybody more in the know, but we are now a rich club and getting richer. The stands burst at the seams for every home game. A stadium holding 35, 000 would be just right.[/quote]I''m not too sure of the cost but if we''d been run better in the past then maybe we could have afforded to stick a bit of money away. Saying that we won''t need massive playing investment and could afford to start creaming off some of the Prem money. If we can''t plan a ground expansion now then when will be a good time?We''ve got to stop being perpetually afraid of reducing our playing budget or the extension will never get built.

I''m ancient and I''m incredibly able not be bias and I can say hand on heart that, that was best first 15 minutes of any Wembley Final I''ve ever witnessed.We simply got everything right [Y]

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Best City performance this season, first half was incredible, just a great great day ![/quote]                                                                                        [Y]                                                                                        [:D]                                                                                        [B]

In contrast to the first leg of the semi against Ipswich, which was nervy and terrible quality, our play today was hugely better. I thought Boro kept the ball very well in the first 10-15 minutes, but

then we managed to assert ourselves and keep control via maintaining 

possession.Players like Whittaker and Jerome rose to the occassion, Olsson was maybe the poorest without being terrible. Errors from the likes of Bassong and Ruddy weren''t critical and thankfully went unpunished.We still seemed to pump too many speculative long balls up to Jerome instead of being more patient. But overall we were far more composed and gave the ball away a lot less than in the first Ipswich game.Not the best Norwich performance, but definitely the best Wembley performance and lots of scope to get better.

It was definitely the best norwich performance at wembley for me.

I was surprised that we did not have the largest share of the play according to the BBC in the first half as we were superb.

No weak links although Ruddy flapped at one catch he was otherwise very professional and I loved his borderline time wasting in the second half.

93 vintage - not sure what game you were at, but the one I saw we played well from the off and were 2-0 up come the end of the 15 minutes in which you seem to think boro ''kept the ball well''!!

It was a thoroughly professional performance from front to back and totally deserved. I said we''d be best to play almost as the away side and for the second half we did, they were utterly incapable of denting us, barely getting any shots of worthy of the name. IMO we played pretty perfectly to plan.

I said during the game it was as controlled a performance I have seen and quite chelski-esque in our dominance.