Sign in to follow this  
Josh Baines

Cheering Damo

I was disgusted to hear how much Damo got booed when he came on. Me, my brother and my uncle stood up and cheered when he came on and were abused by some of the more pathetic people sitting in the Jarrold stand. We then cheered him every time he got the ball and by the end the whole stand were cheering him.

I wish he''d scored just to see what those halfwits who booed him would have done.

Charlton was bloody brilliant last night

You can''t really blame supporters for voicing their disapproval over what''s been going on - players often seem to live in a bubble where they only think of themselves and don''t realise that what they do affects tens of thousands of people - and that these are the very people paying their rather high wages.  Supporters have no opportunity at all to let players know their feelings other than from the terraces, so it is hardly surprising that some booed him.  I''m pleased to see Worthy is in touch with this reality and seems to be able to understand this. 

That said, I do agree with those that say that while Francis (or indeed any player) is playing for us we should support him - as long as we can visibly see him trying.  To do anything else would be completely counter productive - it would get to the players and team performance would suffer.

It is really for Damian to now sort things out - if he wants to.  It would be easily done - an interview saying that he''s been misunderstood and that his agent''s statements went a bit too far, and I should think that for 99.9% of fans this ''nastiness'' would all be water under the bridge.

Could the answer be at http://www.damienfrancis.com?---Welcome to the official damien francis websitethank you to all football fans, and especially to norwich fans for your great support this season. i hope you all have a relaxing summer and i will see you all next season.Damien Francis---Unless he means "see you all next season when I''m watching ITV late at night"..?

[quote]I was disgusted to hear how much Damo got booed when he came on. Me, my brother and my uncle stood up and cheered when he came on and were abused by some of the more pathetic people sitting in the Jar...[/quote]

They are NOT halfwits !!   most of them would  be wage earners  who`s brainpower  would exceed Francis`s by a factor of two !   and you can be very sure that THEIR employers  would  sack them if they acted like Francis  !   SO , they pay a sizeable chunk of their hardearned   at the turnstyles , and are ENTITLED to expect there team  to put in  100% effort  , because  they can forgive  any player  who tres hard , even if he`s outclassed !  what they can`t forgive is a player who CONSISTANTLY over a period of five months , showed  little appetite  or fight  when he KNEW  we were  depending on EVERY player to pull his weight in our battle to stay in the prem .... that, mate , is why they were entitled to boo !! 

I was there, didn''t boo (nor will I boo any player in a Norwich shirt, ever)The fact is this: No one knows what Francis has said regarding a move, his agent is the one who can''t keep his mouth shut.Remember the ongoing saga about Huckerby''s move and his agents constant s*** stirring? Hes a Norwich City player, until that changes he has my support.

[quote]I was there, didn''t boo (nor will I boo any player in a Norwich shirt, ever)The fact is this: No one knows what Francis has said regarding a move, his agent is the one who can''t keep his mouth shut.Re...[/quote]

My thoughts exactly. I''ve not heard Damien say anything in regards to leaving us it''s all come from his agent

Yes a small proportion of people booed, but slowly the applause filtered thru finishing with a chant for damien..Personally I would never boo a player in the NCFC shirt, i have far more pride than that. I must stress as a season ticket holder in the barclay most of the people booing where not regular visitors to this section of the ground, of course there where a few but you will never stop that.My own view on the situation is that most normal people would want a move to a better bigger club. He had to take a pay cut once we where relegated. who wouldn''t look for a new job after that. I know i would. Loyalty dosen''t play any part in football these days or in real life, we should all know that by now.sorry but that is the bottom line..............

[quote]Yes a small proportion of people booed, but slowly the applause filtered thru finishing with a chant for damien..Personally I would never boo a player in the NCFC shirt, i have far more pride than tha...[/quote]

Just begs the question, doesn`t it ?  , IF Francis  wanted to stay in the prem , WHY didn`t he  pull his finger out WHEN we were in the prem ???

As for " loyalty "   most " normal " people  don`t expect loyalty in its reference to football , or jobs  , come to that !    what they DO expect is that when a player dons  the shirt , he EARNS his wages !!  its as simple as that ....  and is THE bottom line in all this Francis business  ,  thats not to say he`s on his own this  area , there ARE  some of our players who are suspiciously injury prone  ,,,,  when you consider what Hucks has to put up with  every match   , he should  be  permanently  on a stretcher !   yet there the guy is , week in and week out  , so whats going on eh ?    Hope Worthy  gets a grip 

Francis going to Wigan ?  GOOD RIDDANCE !   sorry for you Wigan fans though...

[quote]My thoughts exactly. I''ve not heard Damien say anything in regards to leaving us it''s all come from his agent[/quote]

So his agent is saying how he wants a move, if Damo DIDNT want a move surely he would come out and say something? He isnt going to let his agent say things that arent true without coming out and correcting them. (See Huckerby 2003) 

Although I agree he shouldnt be booed whilst in a norwich shirt.

[quote]Yes a small proportion of people booed, but slowly the applause filtered thru finishing with a chant for damien..Personally I would never boo a player in the NCFC shirt, i have far more pride than tha...[/quote]

Who are you mate?, he''s bloody agent!.

The only halfwits in that ground were the idiotic people who cheered Francis. Fair enough if you don''t agree with booing then don''t do it but how can people actually cheer him after what has gone on this summer. I vannot believe our fans sometimes.

All I can say is that once the deal finally happens and the truth comes out about how our Damien and his agent have conducted themselves at the end of last season and this summer then a lot of the people out there cheering him are going to feel very stupid.

It gives me no pleasure to say this as I think on his day he is a great player on his day however we are better off without him (particularly having seen JJ play on Friday). Good riddance!

My thoughts exactly Sheded, good riddance to someone who became bad news.

And to those who limply proclaim that Francis didn''t ask for a move, never once did he go and say that his agent wasn''t speaking the truth either. He had neither the balls to deny nor confirm the rumours- so all we can conclude is that he must have been happy with what was going on.

Bye bye Damien- we''ll hopefully be passing you in different directions at the end of the season!!

[quote]The only halfwits in that ground were the idiotic people who cheered Francis. Fair enough if you don''t agree with booing then don''t do it but how can people actually cheer him after what has gone on t...[/quote]

I think you''re spot on, the only people who made themselves look daft were the ones cheering Francis. After the way he''s carried on, I don''t know how anyone could cheer him.

Other than thefact that one of the booers told me this morning our midfield doubles in stature when Damo came on - it is that influence we will miss this coming season.

As Charlie states Damo is only trying to do what ALL of them want to do - continue their career at the highest possible level; that also tells us that there is no animosity being created in the squad because of his actions.  If it is not affecting them why let it affect us?  We will still have 11 yellow shirts on saturday either way.

OTBC

[quote]I think you''re spot on, the only people who made themselves look daft were the ones cheering Francis. After the way he''s carried on, I don''t know how anyone could cheer him.[/quote]

The reason me and my friend cheered him is because we have realised what a great player he is and would love him to stay and help fire us back to the Premiership. Just because he has left his options open to try and get more money and premiership status, fair enough. Who wouldn''t want to try and get to the top of their job at the perfect kind-of-age?

It was obvious last year that if we got relegated some players would want to stay there, and now it has happend why would we want to boo him? He hasn''t acted too bad has he? He has let his agent do the talking and sat back to see what happens. It''s not as if he slammed his transfer request in like Jermain Defoe did on the day after relegation. If he doesn''t go, then I''m sure he will be committed to the cause again. He will want to get himself that premiership status next year and I will STILL be cheering him because he is brilliant.

Evil Monkey, what d''ya reckon?

Altogether now "DAMIEN FRANCIS ***** DAMIEN FRANCIS*****"

(*=clap)

I think you will find Friday''s game was a friendly.  I booed Francis as he needs to be made aware of what people think of his actions.

If he is in the team on Saturday then he will get cheered like any other player who is out there trying to get us three points.

I do not blame him for wanting to better himself but I think he has gone about it completely the wrong way - or his agent has who just happens to be employed by Francis.

If I was the Wigan manager my first question to him today would be " if/when we get relegated next summer will you demand a move to an equally unfashionable club and will you agant spout drivel in order to earn himself a nice cut of your increase in wages?"

My second question would be "do you only become bothered when the ball is in the opponents half?"

It is a shame really because I thought Jarrett was superb on Friday but he just needs a partner in there who is fit to play on saturday and who isnt a defender.

[quote]I think you will find Friday''s game was a friendly. I booed Francis as he needs to be made aware of what people think of his actions. If he is in the team on Saturday then he will get cheered like a...[/quote]

There''s nowt friendly about booing someone...

I was a bit unsure at first, and was pretty much silent when he came on, but got into it a little more as he seemed to be performing! I''d dearly love Francis to stay, as he has done great for us at times, I''d just like him to sort his attitude out first - lets not forget the amount of fans on here complaining that we didn''t sign Koumas, someone who''s attitude is far worse!

I can''t see him going to Wigan in all honesty, they''ll be back in the fizzy league this time next year, and Damo will be back with them... which I suppose will serve him right!

But ideally he''ll realise he''s been a tw*t and come running back, tail tucked between his legs, when he realises that the only team who want him is one with less chance of survival than a wounded antelope in a safari park....

[quote]The only halfwits in that ground were the idiotic people who cheered Francis. Fair enough if you don''t agree with booing then don''t do it but how can people actually cheer him after what has gone on t...[/quote]

I''m with you

I was one of the ''half-wits'' booing on Friday and I''m proud of that fact.

Francis has done nothing to suggest that he is unhappy with the conduct of his agent which leads any reasonable human being to believe that he is doing his level best to get out of Norwich.

I mean he started off wanting a move back to London - meaning Charlton cos they were sniffing at the time, then it seems Portsmouth are close enough. Christ, now Wigan is close enough!!

Thats not to mention his appalling attitude towards the end of last season. His performances were there for all to see and I haven''t met a City fan who thinks he played well in his last 7 games. His head was full of a big money move!! Even Delia was caught commenting on his performance during the Fulham match.

I will never boo a player for Norwich who is committed to the cause and puts in 110% for NCFC on a matchday. Friday was my opportunity to let him know what I think and in the context of the match - a friendly - I was well within my rights to do so. I think he got the message as he''s now considering a move to Wigan.

To all those clapping for him on Friday, I think you''re going to feel a right bunch of idiots come Wednesday when he''s signed for Wigan.

So get lost Francis!!

[quote]I think you will find Friday''s game was a friendly. I booed Francis as he needs to be made aware of what people think of his actions. If he is in the team on Saturday then he will get cheered like a...[/quote]

And I think you will find that Francis will be booed whether or not its a friendly or a league game! Remember that many regular fans wont have attended the game on friday, including myself. Although as I have stated on this thread I shall not boo anyone whilst they are in a norwich shirt.