Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

Wembley rip off

Herman wrote the following post at 26/05/2015 4:41 PM:

I loved their selection of ales, lagers, fine wine and spirits.

Probably the best Carlsberg I have ever enjoyed, particularly the one at half time😄

[:D]In fairness to the staff that is one of the only times i have managed to get a beer at half-time with plenty of time to drink it. Hats off to them.

Whilst I thought my chicken balti pie was delicious, I would have rather paid £4.75 tops instead of £5.

Herman wrote the following post at 26/05/2015 5:17 PM:

In fairness to the staff that is one of the only times i have managed to get a beer at half-time with plenty of time to drink it. Hats off to them.

Yep, it certainly makes a change, the staff I agree were great.

I''m sure somebody will now point out an example of where they weren''t 😄

Mr Jenkins wrote:

What a bleedin tight @rse. No wonder you won''t pay for canary player, free streams next seaon though to you''ll be quids in!😄

Don''t see the point in spending money on things just because they are there. Give me value for money combined with quality and I''ll spend until the cows come home. Being ripped off is not on my agenda - and paying Wembley prices and paying for a canary player that did not deliver what it advertised is not value for money.

Lemming Dumbo to Lemming Dumber - "derrrr.....why did you jump over the cliff"

Lemming Dumber to Lemming dumbo - "derrrr....because it was there"

One night, in a dream, you may be visited by the Ghost of Christmas Present!

iIf you are please don''t ignore his message because if you do, the Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come will surely follow.

Mr Jenkins -

What a bleedin tight @rse. No wonder you won''t pay for canary player, free streams next seaon though to you''ll be quids in!😄

LDC - Don''t see the point in spending money on things just because they are there. Give me value for money combined with quality and I''ll spend until the cows come home. Being ripped off is not on my agenda - and paying Wembley prices and paying for a canary player that did not deliver what it advertised is not value for money.

Lemming Dumbo to Lemming Dumber - "derrrr.....why did you jump over the cliff"

Lemming Dumber to Lemming dumbo - "derrrr....because it was there"

Mr Jenkins - One night, in a dream, you may be visited by the Ghost of Christmas Present! If you are please don''t ignore his message because if you do, the Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come will surely follow.

LDC - Being careful not to get ripped off is not the same as being miserly.  Quite a few people warned against the high prices inside the ground - fine if you don''t mind paying the high prices, but £64 plus £7 for a programme is plenty to pay for one match imo, however important - and I didn''t fancy queuing either.   Queueing for the loos was bad enough...........

My wife was very complimentary about the young lad behind the bar, he patiently explained what different wines they had, made her a wine spritzer then said that he hoped that she would enjoy the game. He was very polite, probably on minimum wage too.

morty wrote the following post at 26/05/2015 5:24 PM:

Whilst I thought my chicken balti pie was delicious, I would have rather paid £4.75 tops instead of £5.

You mean you bought a pie, you bleedin spendthrift!

I munched on the pork pie that had been incubating in my pocket all the way from Cumbria, had the shits all the way home and😥 not a bog on my bus!

Saved me a few bob though!😄

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]morty wrote the following post at 26/05/2015 5:24 PM:

You mean you bought a pie, you bleedin spendthrift!

I munched on the pork pie that had been incubating in my pocket all the way from Cumbria, had the shits all the way home and😥 not a bog on my bus!

Saved me a few bob though!😄[/quote][:D]