Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

Wembley rip off

For those of you unaware I went to two finals this weekend, I also went to the Preston v Swindon play off final (My youngest daughter supports the local team.) One thing I noticed today was that the prices were raised for the Championship final. The programme (Almost exactly the same in content.) was increased from £6 to £7 even a bottle of water was raised from £2  to £2:30p !

Well spotted Swindon but this is nothing new. Price hiking is what the rich do to exploit those who they know are willing to pay the price. Would Norwich Fans not turn up today if they knew water would cost 30p more than yesterday? I doubt it

We''ve just garnered a swift return to the Premier with an outstanding display of football at Wembley and folk are concerning themselves about an additional 30 f*cking pence on a bottle of water!

I''ve never bought a bottle of water in my life and at £2.30 I think I''ll stick to beer in any case .... it''s cheaper, nicer and probably better for you than some chemically enhanced chicken piss masquerading as the genuine stuff as if it was really obtained from a ''mountain stream.''

I started to queue for a beer and food at half time but then I saw the prices and went without. If everyone was like me then they wouldn''t have sold a single thing.

Personally I thought the service at Wembley was appalling. Whenever I''ve been to there for the NFL there are large numbers of sellers with ice buckets full of bottled beers - here there were about a quarter of the number. Also whenever you bought a (plastic) bottled beer they insisted on pouring it into a (plastic) glass, therefore increasing the time per purchase by around three times and decreasing the number of customers who could be served. Sorry this gets on my goat but this sort of thing is my job and it''s annoying to see people messing these situations up. No wonder Wembley''s not paid off yet.

I would rate my overall Wembley experience as pretty good.In fact, all things considered, I''d rate it as fucking amazing.Jeez, stop whining.

Come on guys, I got to the concourse and my daughter asked for a bottle of water because her throat was dry. I know it''s a rip off, even more than the day before, but would you tell NO ! Because it''s a rip off ?    

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]For those of you unaware I went to two finals this weekend, I also went to the Preston v Swindon play off final (My youngest daughter supports the local team.) One thing I noticed today was that the prices were raised for the Championship final. The programme (Almost exactly the same in content.) was increased from £6 to £7 even a bottle of water was raised from £2  to £2:30p ![/quote]

Why not take tour own bottled water then?

[quote user="morty"]The chicken balti pie I had was outstanding![/quote]The couple in front of me had one each, cor, they smelt good !

I know its because most people are taking the mick, but I can''t believe after the day we had yesterday this is one of the top and most commented threads.

Who actually cares about this really?

Some of our supporters obviously just need SOMETHING to moan about to be happy!

It was expensive. Took my own food, bought for a fraction at supermarmket. Did fork out for a beer, but no complaints as fully ezxpected at Wembley. Also took my own water bottle as anticipated a long dehydrating jorney etc. Just takes a bit of thinking ahead if you want to save money. Plus how can you be unhappy on such a fantastic day.

[quote user="droundi"]It was expensive. Took my own food, bought for a fraction at supermarmket. Did fork out for a beer, but no complaints as fully ezxpected at Wembley. Also took my own water bottle as anticipated a long dehydrating jorney etc. Just takes a bit of thinking ahead if you want to save money. Plus how can you be unhappy on such a fantastic day.[/quote]

My other half gave me a bag full of sandwiches/water/juice/chocolate bars/apples/bananas/crispsfor the day. Even had some spare bottle tops, although had no bother with the frisking inside the turnstile.  Managed to avoid spending a penny (mind you with the queues for the loos, that was a bonus......)

I went to Wembley expecting to be ripped off and was therefore not at all disappointed when I was, in fact I felt an inner glow of satisfaction that I was right.

There was of course the added and not insignificant bonus that I was able to go completely feckin'' mental when my beloved team played magic footy and scored two fantastic goals.

I suppose it''s all relative really.😜

"Frank" " ]I started to queue for a beer and food at half time but then I saw the prices and went without. If everyone was like me then they wouldn''t have sold a single thing"

Yep, and then the stadium sellers might realise what they are doing wrong and lower the prices accordingly!

That would be quite a sight if everyone did so

lake district canary wrote the following post at 26/05/2015 2:44 PM:

droundi wrote:

It was expensive. Took my own food, bought for a fraction at supermarmket. Did fork out for a beer, but no complaints as fully ezxpected at Wembley. Also took my own water bottle as anticipated a long dehydrating jorney etc. Just takes a bit of thinking ahead if you want to save money. Plus how can you be unhappy on such a fantastic day.

My other half gave me a bag full of sandwiches/water/juice/chocolate bars/apples/bananas/crispsfor the day. Even had some spare bottle tops, although had no bother with the frisking inside the turnstile. Managed to avoid spending a penny (mind you with the queues for the loos, that was a bonus......)

What a bleedin tight @rse.

No wonder you won''t pay for canary player, free streams next seaon though to you''ll be quids in!😄

"There''s always that big stream that runs through London - Plenty of free water in there..."

I wonder if anyone would buy bottled water called "Thames Water "

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]lake district canary wrote the following post at 26/05/2015 2:44 PM:

droundi wrote:

My other half gave me a bag full of sandwiches/water/juice/chocolate bars/apples/bananas/crispsfor the day. Even had some spare bottle tops, although had no bother with the frisking inside the turnstile. Managed to avoid spending a penny (mind you with the queues for the loos, that was a bonus......)

What a bleedin tight @rse.

No wonder you won''t pay for canary player, free streams next seaon though to you''ll be quids in!😄[/quote][:)]

[quote user="KoromaCrab"]"There''s always that big stream that runs through London - Plenty of free water in there..."

I wonder if anyone would buy bottled water called "Thames Water "[/quote]Possibly but I doubt it''d be as popular as Del Boy''s Peckham Spring Water. [:D]

Everybody knows Wembley will be expensive, but my real point was, why the higher prices for us fans than the previous game ? The clubs maybe richer but the fans are still the same !

It''s called supply and demand. There were way more fans there for our game than for the previous two days so Wembley could be certain that they could hike up the prices and still sell similar amounts - market based capitalism.
In the scheme of things it didn''t make one jot of difference to how much I enjoyed a fantastic day.

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]What a bleedin tight @rse.

No wonder you won''t pay for canary player, free streams next seaon though to you''ll be quids in!😄[/quote]

Don''t see the point in spending money on things just because they are there.   Give me value for money combined with quality and I''ll spend until the cows come home.  Being ripped off is not on my agenda - and paying Wembley prices and paying for a canary player that did not deliver what it advertised is not value for money.     Lemming Dumbo to Lemming Dumber - "derrrr.....why did you jump over the cliff"Lemming Dumber to Lemming dumbo - "derrrr....because it was there"