Sign in to follow this  
iron_stan

will hughes, jordan rhodes, andrew robertson

we had a good squad in numbers at Championship level, but in the final 3 months Alex Neil basically used the same 14 players week in week out......there is a very real possibility that all of the following could leave?

Bunn,Garrido,Becchio,Cueller as definates with Turner,Van Wolfswinkel,Lafferty probables and Miquel,O''Neil,Odjidge-Ofoe,Andreu,E.Bennett possibilities?.

There is ,in my opinion, quite a bit of work to do to bring our squad to a level of 20 odd competitive premiership standard players.

Any of Friend, Trippier, Gradel, Sako, Pritchard or Demarai Grey would be amazing.

Wouldn''t mind Van La Parra, Jelavic Caulker, Dan Burn, Sean Scannel or Andre Grey either

4 or 5 of those players would improve us massively.

It''s so nmice to be able to talk about players of this calibre and knowing our Cat 1 status academy is safe for a while again:D

[quote user="OnTheBall"]Where we''re going we don''t need Rhodes.[/quote]

Why this is said when the guy''s proven he scores goals at any level consistently, when people are excited about Gested who''s consistently proven he can''t score goals no matter where he is (other than this year) is hilarious.

Guess you didn''t get the Back to the Future reference then? I actually think the guy is class but for the price Blackburn would most likely want I''m not sure if he''s value for money, also I guess with Neil preferring one up front with support in behind does he prefer to be one of a ''two up front'' instead? I do like the look of Gestede though.

I assume we''ll go into the season with 4 strikers; Jerome, Grabban and Hooper, RVW/Becchio will be moved on somewhere so there''s a vacancy.

No to Rhodes, doesn''t do enough beside score goals, we''ll need all the players making more of a contribution than just goal scoring. If AN wont pick Hooper consistently because he doesnt think he does enough away from the box, then i doubt he''ll be in for a players that does even less.

[quote user="OnTheBall"]Guess you didn''t get the Back to the Future reference then? I actually think the guy is class but for the price Blackburn would most likely want I''m not sure if he''s value for money, also I guess with Neil preferring one up front with support in behind does he prefer to be one of a ''two up front'' instead? I do like the look of Gestede though.

I assume we''ll go into the season with 4 strikers; Jerome, Grabban and Hooper, RVW/Becchio will be moved on somewhere so there''s a vacancy.[/quote]

Probably did. Gestede is definitely an athlete with flashes of technique. He''s sloppy with the ball however and in the PL his physicality isn''t anything special. He''d be a risk, yes he''d be cheaper than Rhodes, high chance you''d get far less goals and he''s not a great hold-up player at a PL level.

Jamae has never seen Back to the Future, Hooper.

On the subject of transfers, we should have quite a bit of money to spend

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]No to Rhodes, doesn''t do enough beside score goals, we''ll need all the players making more of a contribution than just goal scoring. If AN wont pick Hooper consistently because he doesnt think he does enough away from the box, then i doubt he''ll be in for a players that does even less.[/quote]

This is true. More capable goal scorer though.

far too many clubs have already rejected rhodes for very good reasons, instintive finisher but build up play, pace and strength simply not prem standard - we made him invisible. Gestede is the better of the two

I''ve always quite liked the look of Aneke at Zulte as a box-to-box midfielder with a striker''s ability. He''s strong, can pick a pass and has got really good technique. Perhaps one to get in a year''s time as he''s got 2 years left on his contract and might need to ripen a little more.But whatever players we sign, it''d help if we had a chief scout.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]far too many clubs have already rejected rhodes for very good reasons, instintive finisher but build up play, pace and strength simply not prem standard - we made him invisible. Gestede is the better of the two[/quote]

No, Gestede is the cheaper of the 2. Neither are good enough, but Blackburn consistently asking between 8 and 12 million for Rhodes is the bigger stumbling block than anything else. There''s a reason for that.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]far too many clubs have already rejected rhodes for very good reasons, instintive finisher but build up play, pace and strength simply not prem standard - we made him invisible. Gestede is the better of the two[/quote]

No, Gestede is the cheaper of the 2. Neither are good enough, but Blackburn consistently asking between 8 and 12 million for Rhodes is the bigger stumbling block than anything else. There''s a reason for that.