Sign in to follow this  
iron_stan

will hughes, jordan rhodes, andrew robertson

Will Hughes hasn''t had a good season and Derby fans no longer think he''s going to be the next superstar, however could well be a useful addition.

Jordan Rhodes - meh, not for £8-10m imo

Andrew Robertson - although a good left back, Olsson, as we''ve seen, in the prem is a great left back, he''ll be glad to get out of this league.

Imo (and i''m not saying your opinion of players is wrong, just that it wouldn''t be my preference) we need a CB and a Right Back and intend to discuss this in a few weeks on here, first i''m going to enjoy today

Garrido is a good left back that hasn''t played in 2 years. At the age of 30 I''m guessing he''ll want to be playing so I''d certainly take Robertson as competition.

we need quality competition for placesand they are quality hungry british players with something to prove, weve signed some proper duds and mercenaries at times after promotion, theres some rough diamonds in the championship as weve seen from players like austin & ings in the top flight this season

im not going to get into the hughes debate because i think hes decent but id certainly rather have him than andreu/vadis/oneil

and im enjoying it, very interested to see where the millions are going to be spent, lets hope the board arent too cautious! take advantage of the momentum, speculate to accumulate

What about McGoldrick of Ipswich? Premier quality on the ball and scores goals. He has that touch of class, IMO.

He was, for a while, the star man at the Portaloo and they rated him at £10m.

His light has dimmed this season due to injury and there are suggestions that his head is not in the right place since being denied a move to the PL last summer.

Now the binners are more realistically suggesting that a £2-3 price tag might be the asking price. Plus he''s getting on a bit. Peanuts to us now, but  a lifeline to the paupers.

Nowadays he plays more behind the front men, but hasn''t been as prominent this season for the above mentioned reason.  

I''d look at Byram for RB but as far as up front we''d definitely have to sell 1 or 2 strikers before bringing new ones in. Hooper, Jerome, Grabban, V Wolf, Becchio are 5 senior strikers. Then we''d need to loan out Loza and Morris.

Would Jota or Pritchard be good recruitments? Its so exciting I just don''t know who we''d go for. I don''t really rate Rhodes as better than what we have. As someone else said I''d rather Gestede.

Could we nick Demarai Gray from Brum?

[quote user="alartz"]We can do better than all these named now.

Charlie Austin we need![/quote]Wise up.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

What about McGoldrick of Ipswich? Premier quality on the ball and scores goals. He has that touch of class, IMO.

He was, for a while, the star man at the Portaloo and they rated him at £10m.

His light has dimmed this season due to injury and there are suggestions that his head is not in the right place since being denied a move to the PL last summer.

Now the binners are more realistically suggesting that a £2-3 price tag might be the asking price. Plus he''s getting on a bit. Peanuts to us now, but  a lifeline to the paupers.

Nowadays he plays more behind the front men, but hasn''t been as prominent this season for the above mentioned reason.  

[/quote]Sorry, no scum. Ta.

Have to agree Morty, can see Austin going to a top 10 club from this season, even then bigger clubs like Newcastle need a player like him. Would rather Ings if we were competing in those circles, as age is more on his side to make a profit.

One or more of these perhaps ?

Chris Martin / Jordan Rhodes / Ricky Lambert

Sam Byram / Lee Peltier / Cyrus Christie

Steven Caulker / Grant Hanley / Jack O''Connell

Alex Pritchard / Henri Lansbury / Leroy Fer :-)

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]MM would not sell him at any price (unless ME told him to, that is). Didz will be part of the team MM is putting together to crash our way back to the PL where we belong. Part of that plan will be top sign O''Neil from you. A sure fire bet for any team wanting promotion. He might not be the only one of your players who fancies having another go at a promotion battle. And with their huge bonus for winning promotion this season they would be able to fit into our playing budget as well.COYB

Still not had enough time to properly think, but my mate suggested we go all out for Charlie Austin and then get one more cb in and that be that. Would johnny Evans be too ambitious?

Tom Huddleston and a center back please. Maybe a right back too.

If AN thinks he can work with him bring back RVW to partner Jerome and see what we need come January.

[quote user="alartz"]We can do better than all these named now.

Charlie Austin we need![/quote]

This one would be better than Rhodes, and hopefully would ber doable. Heck no to Gestede, who would be a complete and utter disaster in the PL (though nowhere near as bad of one as Hooper or RVW.) Rhodes would do, if the price was 6 or below We do desperately need another striker to either pair with Jerome or challenge him.

Not a Hughes fan at all, but he''s still young. One of the most overhyped players whose play NEVER deserved it. Lightweight, not that fast, and his passing is not really good at all. Robertson is not bad and would challenge Olsson if here... One more solid CB to pair with Bassong is also necessary.

Huddlestone would be a great pickup but kind of unnecessary too. Would be quality though.

I agree with Huddlestone. Would be a great player to have. Someone who can hold the ball and pass the ball long. We have missed that

Like many have said, I would much prefer gestede to Rhodes. Also, in terms of signing a new cb how about Virgil van dijk from Celtic. Might be aiming higher but he would be a class signing!

Out of the relegated clubs are these any good?

Michael Dawson - good experience, but slow

Steven Caulker - always liked him

Danny Ings - will likely go to a PL club

Charlie Austin- will likely go to a PL club

Matt Phillips - a decent winger

Andrew Robertson- we''ve already got a good left back (well good in the PL, not so much the championship)

Mo Diame - although a bit lazy, has strength and a bit of magic, however like i say seems a bit selfish

Tom Huddlestone - bit of a pr!ck

Gaston Ramierez - not had the best of seasons but did well for southampton...we can probably do better.

Tom Ince would be a useful addition, and wouldn''t cost the earth. We need a left winger, imo that would be a smart buy as he''s just a better, more rounded version/alternative to Murphy, who isn''t yet prem league level. He''s had a good loan to Derby, not as good as Ibe did, but still made a good impact individually, whilst their strikers were injured.

Don''t think Huddlestone would be an AN type of player- lacks movement.

I''d want a RB, CB and a striker. Also would be good to look at someone who could be the long term Hoolahan replacement- I''d love Jonny Williams from Palace or Pritchard from Spurs.

I think the most important area to improve is left mid.

Alex Pritchard for sure.

I''d give Bamford a crack in the prem as well.

Wouldn''t take too many from relegated prem teams to be honest. I''d potentially look at Matt Phillips but that''s it, none of them are good enough for the Premier league.

I''d look at Weimann and Gil from Aston Villa.

mrs miggins Out of the relegated clubs are these any good?

Michael Dawson - good experience, but slow

Steven Caulker - always liked him

Danny Ings - will likely go to a PL club

Charlie Austin- will likely go to a PL club

Matt Phillips - a decent winger

Andrew Robertson- we''ve already got a good left back (well good in the PL, not so much the championship)

Mo Diame - although a bit lazy, has strength and a bit of magic, however like i say seems a bit selfish

Tom Huddlestone - bit of a pr!ck

Gaston Ramierez - not had the best of seasons but did well for southampton...we can probably do better.

Agree Dawson could be useful and would also look at Brady at left wing. And Trippier from Burnley at right back.

Key is a new back 4 with starting centre backs and quality in the full backs to push for starting places. Not sure who yet, but has to be better. Pace & strength needed. But please not the double relegated over rated Caulker. At a push Dawson, who is better than both of ours.

An alternative for Tettey, he is unique in the squad without cover, yetserday showed how pivotal, Huddlestone would add quality across the midfield and Oliver Norwood a cheaper impressive option.

We still need a wessi -a-like that unashamed attacking player with the unexpected flair creativity - maybe that is pritchard.

A genuine wide left option, perhaps matty phillips, or demerai gray.

Upfront a third lone target man option to push jerome or grabban; its the style Neil plays so having a third option of that style is essential.

There are still overseas bargains to be had so any look can not be restricted to just current UK based players.