Midfield

Mbia Seville free

Mavuba - Lille free

Ayew - Marseille free

Flamini Arse free

Forwards

ings Compensation

Gignac Marseille free

All are realistic all PL teams are now big hitters on wages. I think though Ings will go to a top 6 team though

Any thoughts?

If we got Andre Ayew!!! I think he will find a European club tho. Like the look of that second list tho, especially sako.

Young and hungry Championship players often come with a very large fee these days unfortunately. Taking the best players from teams hoping for promotion is an expensive business.

As for Abate, Virgil, Ayew and Gignac, calm down please.

Also, Samba and Mbia? Did you not watch QPR''s relegation a couple of seasons ago?

LOL the OP is in dreamland.

I''d take Alex Pritchard for sure.

I''d give Bamford a crack in the prem as well.

Wouldn''t take too many from relegated prem teams to be honest. I''d potentially look at Matt Phillips but that''s it, none of them are good enough for the Premier league.

I''d look at Weimann and Gil from Aston Villa.

My list would have been utterly stupid 3 years ago

but not now with 75M for finishing bottom next year and all English PL teams being in the richest 40 or 50 clubs in the World

Why can we not look at the French League''s best players?

Only suggested Samba because he was free.

Yes Norwich have a load of money, but we have already seen that doesn''t mean we can land players just by waving a wad of cash at them.

Toivonen and Alderwierld had the wads of cash flashed at them and they rejected Norwich as we couldn''t offer European football.

If Norwich managed to strike a deal with Ayew''s agent that was acceptable to all parties, the agent would then phone around all the other Premier League clubs and ask them to match it. I''m sure a Stoke, WBA, Palace etc would like to and would jump in front of Norwich.

Norwich are wealthy, but no more wealthy than the 19 other Premier League clubs (as well as a host of teams across Europe). I''m sure a Leverkusen or Schalke would quite like a player such as Ayew and would be gazumping Norwich pretty quickly.

It''s not just about being able to offer a player more than he is currently earning, but being able to offer him more than anyone else is prepared to - Norwich can''t do that yet.

I think it''s important that we have carefully thought about how we will use a player before buying him rather than buying on name alone and hoping for the best. Look at falcao at man u or wolf at us. They might be great elsewhere but if they don''t fit the system it''s a waste of money.

Sam Byram is out of contract at Leeds. Be good signing for right back. Read Gestede is in talks with Watford.

Agree with Bethnal... but I think there are a few players I would want from the relegated clubs... Ings, Elmohamady, ... I would jump at a chance to sign Jota or Sako

Saying That though, bring on the rumours! I love silly season when we are on the up! Jonny Evans is available. .. How about any mates of our players? Would anyone take Snodgrass back?

Dorrans obviously

George Friend FB

Dan Burn or Steven Caulker CB

Alex Prichard AM

Max Gradel or Bacary Sako FW

Those would be top of my semi-realistic list. We need about 4 quality players, we have a decent squad so no need for loads of mediocre players

Try to get rid of Bunn, Garrido, Turner, Cuellar, Miquel, E.Bennet, RVW, O''Neil.

Championship loans for Murphy x2 and Louis Thompson, McGrandles and Andreu to Hamilton

What I mean bethnal is that half these great names with great reputations plumped about wouldn''t fit into our system. My example of falcao, he is undoubtedbly one of the worlds best strikers but he was a panic buy by man u with little thought on how he would fit into van gaals system. I just hope we don''t end up trusting YouTube videos and agents and hope we carefully plan who can contribute properly to our team. Yes the odd loanee like gnabry would be a good gamble as there is little risk and great reward but I wouldn''t want us lobbing £15m at someone on deadline day with no thought out plan for how they fit our system.

That''s not been our style anyways Jimmy. We took a risk on RVW but we''ve never just signed names and hoped they fit in. The reason we''ve been succeeding where other big clubs like Leeds and Forest are failing is we do our homework on players and managers and don''t just plump for names.

We messed up with RVW and misjudged Fer''s attitude but I''m confident the club can find the right players for AN to mould into a team

Players I would love to see us go in for:

RB:

Trippier – Burnley

Walker – Spurs (possible loan)

CB:

Caulker – QPR

Davies - Hull

MD:

Sakho - Wolves

Phillips - Qpr

Elohamady – Hull

Pritchard - Spurs

FWD:

Bamford - Chelsea

P.Hernadez –Hull (wages too high?)

Kinda harsh on fer who has been dogged withfitness issues the last 2 years. I think he will still be a top player and he never once asked to leave. We got offered £10m and he went along with it. No problems with him and he made us proud at the world cup last summer.

Agree with the rest tho, Wolfy was ironically a very carefully thought out signing, we then messed up by buying the wrong players to suit his style and playing the wrong tactics. For me, Elmander was the fatal buy.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Yes Norwich have a load of money, but we have already seen that doesn''t mean we can land players just by waving a wad of cash at them.

Toivonen and Alderwierld had the wads of cash flashed at them and they rejected Norwich as we couldn''t offer European football.

If Norwich managed to strike a deal with Ayew''s agent that was acceptable to all parties, the agent would then phone around all the other Premier League clubs and ask them to match it. I''m sure a Stoke, WBA, Palace etc would like to and would jump in front of Norwich.

Norwich are wealthy, but no more wealthy than the 19 other Premier League clubs
(as well as a host of teams across Europe). I''m sure a Leverkusen or Schalke would quite like a player such as Ayew and would be gazumping Norwich pretty quickly.

It''s not just about being able to offer a player more than he is currently earning, but being able to offer him more than anyone else is prepared to - Norwich can''t do that yet.[/quote]Probably actually less so in practice. In 2013-14, Hughton''s second season, we were still only 17th in the wage league table despite it being our third season in a row in the Premier league. And the only teams below us were the three clubs that had come up from the Championship. I very much doubt we are going to start going crazy with wages. If we stay up then there will probably be the kind of gradual increase there was over those three seasons.

We have minimal overheads and plenty of new money so I think we will be competitive in the market. Can see us spending £20m and paying up to £50k wages for players. I hope we use the loan system for the likes of Gnabry or Bamford as well. Low risk, high reward. Bolton used it well with sturridge and wilshere.

I think it would be good long term to not break this first team up though. Like I said 4 quality players, maybe a couple of promising loans as cover and that''s it.

The players showed faith in the club and stuck with us after being relegated. Players like Olsson, Ruddy, Redmond, Johnson, Tettey, Hooper etc could have played up and could have got moves quite easily but they didn''t!

They showed loyalty so we need to return that favour. Get a reputation as a club that treats it''s players well and rewards those who perform and show loyalty and that could be great for us going forward.

Full credit to the board as well. Keeping Redmond and Johnson in January made the difference when many other clubs would have cashed in. Hell, even I considered letting Johnson go for 5 million! Whatever mistakes they made last January and with dithering with Hughton have been completely forgotten

I think we have a good group of players and their momentum as a team will be key for us next season, therefore I don''t think it is good idea to completely revamp the team yet.

However it is vital that we boost the squad with a few players of real quality, it''s a bit early to identify anyone yet but I personally think we need a left sided winger most importantly.

Very excited to see who comes in.

To what extent do players make their decisions based on playing style? Genuinely interested.

I''d like to think A. Neil''s footballing ethos would have some draw for professionals who adherents of the passing game, especially after the team''s all-round performance yesterday which was pretty high profile - we are now certainly not under the radar any longer. (Not that we didn''t resort to a range of approaches as the game demanded or as the opposition''s desperation dictated, including the odd long ball at times).

How long the open passing style can last/succeed facing the realities of Premiership pace and skill... we''ll see. Just like last time. But as hinted above above, I''d like to conclude Alex has more in his tactical porfolio than Lambert, as good as he was for us.

Andreas Beck as right back

James Chester

Bamford on loan and max gradel would be great additions

Does anyone have a list of our out of contract players ?