Sign in to follow this  
James Kent

who to buy with francis cash

I would like us sign a right winger, central midfield and central defender with the cash for damo and then I would be very happy with squad.  I am quite flexible with the central defender because we do have players who could come in like Charlton or switching Colin.  We do in an ideal world did another one though because you want to keep players in position when possible.  The situation on the right wing may be solved with a loan signing.  Clearly Marney or Bentley would fit the bill very nicely.  Finally central midfield is a must, at present we only have Safri, Jarrett and Hughes and we will need at least four.

So would suggestions does everyone have.  It might be worth giving Hull''s resolve for Taylor.

Any other ideas?

[quote]I would like us sign a right winger, central midfield and central defender with the cash for damo and then I would be very happy with squad. I am quite flexible with the central defender because we d...[/quote]

Marney (loan)
another loan
JAN KRISTIANSEN (sorry)
sam sodje/morgan/defender
Etuhu/midfielder

Marney on loan, either Ben Chorley (MK Dons captain & Centre back) or Curtis Davis (Luton young centre back with loads of potential) and perhaps one other midfielder but there''s no point in getting someone just to make up the numbers. I think the above would be exciting additions.

[quote]Marney on loan, either Ben Chorley (MK Dons captain & Centre back) or Curtis Davis (Luton young centre back with loads of potential) and perhaps one other midfielder but there''s no point in gettin...[/quote]

Just over £1m will not buy us a lot - and shows just how undervalued /sold ourselves short we may have been with Damo.

Even the names mentioned will cost us as much as the premier experienced Damo.

The key area to strengthen is midfield - one who can play on the right and a replacement for damo is the bare minimum that the club needs to secure - and that was the case BEFORE damos fee was agreed.

OTBC

I''d like to see Michael Essian coming, but Lyon may be hard to break down in the negotiations. We could offer the same deal structure as Chelsea but instead of £31m plus Tiago we could do £1m plus Paul McVeigh and Gary Doherty so they''d actually get two players plus the cash. Also, Essian would be joing a club on the up rather than one which is already there and which can only go downhill........Go for it Nige- the worst that could happen is that they say no.

[quote]Just over £1m will not buy us a lot - and shows just how undervalued /sold ourselves short we may have been with Damo. Even the names mentioned will cost us as much as the premier experienced Damo. ...[/quote]

Who says the fee is ''just over'' £1m?

There''s a big difference between £1.1m and £1.5m + £500k based on goals and appearances.

If we get Marney then we can spend all the Francis money on a genuine right sided winger, leaving the rest of NW''s transfer budget for January, when a little boost is always nice. Obviously, Marney and another utility player in addition to the winger would be ideal.

[quote]I''d like to see Michael Essian coming, but Lyon may be hard to break down in the negotiations. We could offer the same deal structure as Chelsea but instead of £31m plus Tiago we could do £1m plus Pau...[/quote]

LOL!

Why limit ourselves to essien - adriano would be good squad cover for us based on Friday...  Straight swap for a couple of youth players... 

With the fee being confirmed at £1.5 my main hope is that he signs quickly preferably today!

IMO we need 2 buy two midfielders with any monies.  Preferably one of them being able to play right and central.  When Francis leaves we are left with Jarrett, Hughes and Safri.  Jarrett and Safri appear to be a bit injury prone and with the latter off to the African Nations Cup we could be left with only 1 recognised CM available.

The midfield were just as responsible as Fleming and Co for our bad defensive record last season and this area needs the most attention in terms of personnel and structure.  I am fairly happy with what our back 4 could be, I am not as confident in our midfield 4.