Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Give Wes a Testimonial

I expect Wes will be a squad player next season which might be his last at the top level.

We all know his history with us. Would it not be appropriate to play an Irish National side at the end of next season or similar opposition as a testimonial for his outstanding service which has included one of the most memorable periods in our history?

Completely agree.

Have to admit when the whole Aston Villa thing kicked off I thought he handled it really badly but goes to show how things change.

He has been superb since, particularly under AN

I don''t really hold the villa thing against him, he wasn''t getting matches, we were playing awful football and looked like a sinking ship and he was being offered a chance to link up with Lambert... Really when you look at it, it wasn''t really surprising his head was turned.

Defiently on course for a testimonial, truly a great servant of the club and worthy of recognition; how many of our players have been part of 3 promotions.... Apart from Martin!

Wasn''t annoyed with him wanting to go, agree the style of play at the time was awful and not Wes type, it was just how he went about it.

Anyway, all forgiven, as I said since then he has been superb for us and definitely deserves his day

If Wes can perform regularly like he did yesterday there''s no way he''ll just be a squad player. His was phenomenal!

Totally agree he deserves a testimonial but I''d save that for when he decides to hang up his boots. I''d like to think he''s got a year or two left in his legs yet!

Isn''t this what Liverpool said about Alonso and Milan said about Pirlo with them being to old for the top level?

A bit premature for talk like this me thinks.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]It was what Spurs said about Martin Peters too.

I hope Wes is playing regularly next season, he certainly looks to have bags of stamina.[/quote]