Sign in to follow this  
Mr Angry

Watford to replace manager?

Being reported on BBC, Jokanovic''s wage demands are too high, to be replaced by Getafe''s manager, Quique Flores.

Madness!

Some decent managers available for champ clubs looking for a new boss this summer, Warburton, Jokanovic, Lambert, McClaren

People have laughed at Watford and written them off before. If they''d put Sean Dyche in charge then I''d joining others in poking fun at them, but Flores seems more experienced than Jokanovic and could turn out to be an upgrade.

The Pozzo family will be spending big at Watford, given the lucrative TV deal in the Premiership over Serie A and La Liga and the decline of Udinese and Granada.

[quote user="93vintage"]People have laughed at Watford and written them off before. If they''d put Sean Dyche in charge then I''d joining others in poking fun at them, but Flores seems more experienced than Jokanovic and could turn out to be an upgrade.[/quote]

An upgrade? Never mind his football or motivational skills, how bright could he be in order to take on the role at Watford given what has transpired this past season? 

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="93vintage"]People have laughed at Watford and written them off before. If they''d put Sean Dyche in charge then I''d joining others in poking fun at them, but Flores seems more experienced than Jokanovic and could turn out to be an upgrade.[/quote]

An upgrade? Never mind his football or motivational skills, how bright could he be in order to take on the role at Watford given what has transpired this past season? [/quote]

Not quite sure what you''re getting at, but we don''t know what''s going on behind the scenes at Watford and Flores might never get another shot at managing in the PL. Few managers last long in England or Spain, so it''s often about building up a CV just to remain in the job at a particular level.

Losing Garcia due to ill health was unlucky, but the other dismissals were justified imho. I guess Flores is up for a challenge and hopes he can do a good job.

Felt I should pop in.

Many debates within Watford as to whether this is good or bad.

I think majority are aligned to my thinking that the Pozzos would only do this for the benefit of Watford.

What is clear - if Slavisa was in our plans he would be signed up. Money is not an issue but that is obvious.

Few points

We are rumoured to be signing a European cup winning manager, Athletico fans credit him for laying foundations for their Champ league win.

Pozzos got rid of our manager when we were 2nd in the Championship. Slave lost first 4 games - that is balls to sack a manager who is 2nd in league and replace with relative unknown

Just saying - happy to be favourites for relegation but do not assume we are owned by people that have no idea of what they are doing. They have owned clubs for 30 years and they do not let a manager walk out for a few hundred thousand unless they think it will improve situation.

One thing we rales is that our owners are more important than the manager, denney, Vydra put together so support we will.

Good luck guys next year - actually hope you guys stay up. Guess will may have a few crucial games against each other

[quote user="Making Plans"]http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32885212Looks like he''s a goner [:D][/quote]I saw two VD germs crossing Prince of Wales road on Friday. They were almost ran over by a bus. One turned to the other and said " Blimey , I was nearly a goner, there "