Sign in to follow this  
Acciesman

Congratulations - But I Think an Apology is in Order !

I''m delighted for you all that Norwich have gone up today. It''s a year to the day since Alex & Frankie took Accies up via the play-offs after beating Hibs on Pens, that after trailing 2-0 from the home leg. After 43 years following Accies that was the best football moment of my life, so I have some idea of how good you feel tonight. Our win was all the sweeter with Tony Andreu getting a 93min equaliser to take the game to pens.

I have lurked on this board since Alex joined in January, and I was a bit disappointed with some of the comments that were made about Alex & Accies after the appointment, and especially after the Brentford defeat. Some of you have got to realise that just because a manager or a player or a team for that matter is not a "name" it does not mean that they are no good. There is talent outside of the major leagues if you look hard enough.Many of you thought because he came from little Hamilton he would be a dud, you obviously now know different.

I just hope you stay with him if things get tough in the EPL, and are not shouting for his head if you happen to be in the bottom 3 at Christmas. You have got yourself a great manager and a good man, and please don''t forget it even after a few poor results.

I also believe that this time next year you will be singing the praises of Tony Andreu after he has adjusted to the English game. We sold James McCarthy & James McArthur to the EPL & they both took 6 months to adjust after going down south and have since been sold on by Wigan for £20M. Just ask Everton & Palace fans how good they are.

All I ask is give our people a chance when they come down & they will come good.I sincerely hope that NCFC do really well in the EPL next season & hope to get to at least 1 of your matches ar Carrow Rd.

what an incredibly stupid post...and thats coming from someone who has just written an illegible post.

Although I gave my support to AN, the people who didn''t have nothing to apologise for.

[quote user="Acciesman"]I''m delighted for you all that Norwich have gone up today. It''s a year to the day since Alex & Frankie took Accies up via the play-offs after beating Hibs on Pens, that after trailing 2-0 from the home leg. After 43 years following Accies that was the best football moment of my life, so I have some idea of how good you feel tonight. Our win was all the sweeter with Tony Andreu getting a 93min equaliser to take the game to pens.

I have lurked on this board since Alex joined in January, and I was a bit disappointed with some of the comments that were made about Alex & Accies after the appointment, and especially after the Brentford defeat. Some of you have got to realise that just because a manager or a player or a team for that matter is not a "name" it does not mean that they are no good. There is talent outside of the major leagues if you look hard enough.Many of you thought because he came from little Hamilton he would be a dud, you obviously now know different.

I just hope you stay with him if things get tough in the EPL, and are not shouting for his head if you happen to be in the bottom 3 at Christmas. You have got yourself a great manager and a good man, and please don''t forget it even after a few poor results.

I also believe that this time next year you will be singing the praises of Tony Andreu after he has adjusted to the English game. We sold James McCarthy & James McArthur to the EPL & they both took 6 months to adjust after going down south and have since been sold on by Wigan for £20M. Just ask Everton & Palace fans how good they are.

All I ask is give our people a chance when they come down & they will come good.I sincerely hope that NCFC do really well in the EPL next season & hope to get to at least 1 of your matches ar Carrow Rd.[/quote]I''m not going to apologise for the fact that Scottish players & managers have to ply their trade in England in order to make good for themselves.You should be saying thank you [:)]

[quote user="Acciesman"]

All I ask is give our people a chance when they come down & they will come good.I sincerely hope that NCFC do really well in the EPL next season & hope to get to at least 1 of your matches ar Carrow Rd.[/quote]

This is the important bit. The PL is tough and unforgiving for any manager and when results don''t go Norwich''s way, (which will happen!) Neil doesn''t deserve to be treated like Malky Mackay, Brian McDermott were when they got promoted.

Show him loyalty and he''ll be the next Nigel Pearson. Only not mental.

No, he will be a Premiership manager. Do you honestly think he is going to give up plying his trade against Arsenal, Man U, Tottenham, Chelsea etc to go back up there to face Ross County, Dundee and shite like that?

Have to say I think you''re all being a bit unfair to the OP. They''ve lost the best manager they''ll (probably) ever had, & it grieves him to think we might underappreciate him.

I don''t think we do, but he''s right that we must stick with him. He is the real deal - possibly even more than Lambert - but we will get hammered occasionally & find ourselves uncomfortably near relegation for uncomfortably long periods. But I am convinced he will learn (unlike Hughton, who was simply too fearful) & find a way for us to survive & then build.

Alex Neil is the man. Never doubt it.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Have to say I think you''re all being a bit unfair to the OP. They''ve lost the best manager they''ll (probably) ever had, & it grieves him to think we might underappreciate him.

I don''t think we do, but he''s right that we must stick with him. He is the real deal - possibly even more than Lambert - but we will get hammered occasionally & find ourselves uncomfortably near relegation for uncomfortably long periods. But I am convinced he will learn (unlike Hughton, who was simply too fearful) & find a way for us to survive & then build.

Alex Neil is the man. Never doubt it.[/quote]People were cautious because they knew nothing about him, and rightly so, but no more than that.I don''t remember too many hissy fits over the appointment. Sorry, this is a complete non story.

I think it''s fair to say most Norwich fans were unsure of the appointment of Alex Neil, however were always going to get behind him.

There was an element who had a gut instict that all would work out, however, in equal measure theirs was an element who never gave him a chance before calling him a cheap appointment or uninspiring at best, some saying Phelan, Warnock or McCoist 😂😂😂would have been a better appointment!!

It''s fair to say most Accies fans had so much faith in him, now Norwich have had a period under him you guys are now seeing what we had previously seen.

Will be interesting to see what business he does in the transfer market, he showed at Accies he would stick by most of the squad however he also showed his ruthless streak by bringing in a new goalie (McGovern) on the back of our promotion when many of us thought the previous keeper (cuthbert) was not necessarily a weak link, possible a point worth noting for existing Norwich players that no ones position is safe.

Very impressed with how the Norwich players have took to Sir Alex, many would never have heard of him but they have bought into his ideas and philosophy when other players with bigger egos might have shown themselves up with a ''big time charlie'' attitude.

Good luck for next season and beyond, hope Norwich continue to thrive under Alex and Frankie.

I called him and Frankie a pair of Scottish chancers who couldn''t believe there luck! I likened them to Del and Rodney Trotter let loose in a stately home! and after the Brentford defeat with Stephen Whittaker in central midfield I said it would end in tears cos the bloke was an idiot who wouldn''t last the season and i also referred to Frankie McCavoy as Minty ! apart from that i don''t see why i should bloody well apologise [:@]

After the Brentford home defeat I called him a Poundland Peter Grant and predicted we would never win another game with the Jock mafia in charge.
I stand by those claims.

I rest my case.

I genuinely do hope that Norwich do well & don''t get caught up in a relegation scrap.

I also think that you may be pleasantly surprised with the impact from Tony Andreu next season.

I rest my case.

Having said that I sincerely hope you do well next season and Alex takes you to the top half of the EPL rather than a relegation scrap..

I also believe that Tony Andreu will come good & make a meaningful contribution next season

Acciesman - I hope you are right in all you say. I feel you may be as far as Alex is concerned but I do have serious doubts about Tony Andreu.

A few decades ago I was privileged to spend some time with George Matusavage. Did you know him, know the name?

Yellow Wall - I did know George, he was a Post Office manager, and he used to be in charge of the turnstile operators in Hamilton. I believe that sadly he died a few years ago. He was a very popular figure in Hamilton.

Give Tony a chance, he has only had half a dozen sub appearances. As I said previously MCCarthy & McArthur did very little in their 1st 6 months in the EPL, and went on to be really successful, and Tony has more Flare than both of them, although to be fair they are different types of players.

Time will tell