Sign in to follow this  
James Kent

Francis departure is vital for team spirit

Francis leaving the club is vital for team spirit.  Team spirit has played a signifcant part in our success in recent seasons and its vital we keep that intact for the coming season.  We don''t want any players that don''t want to play for us, and the francis deal may allow us to buy 2 or 3 new players.

A lot has been made of the lack of creativity of the central midfield.  I''m not so worried Jarrett could prove to be just as good as francis.  Huckerby is capable of unlocking any defence at this level, so what are we concerned about.  When we get Safri back whoever plays with him will have the opportunity to get forward.

Lets not worry I honestly can not see scoring goals being a problem in the coming season. 

The simple fact that any player, not just Francis, who doesn''t want to wear the green and gold should not be given the chance.  However, I doubt that his departure will be good for morale. A fairly poor pre-season build up indicates that it may take a while for us to get going again this season, although here''s hoping that we wake up a bit sooner than we did last season!

Francis clearly wanted out, though why he wants to experience Premiership relegation again with Wigan is beyond me.  Let''s just hope that there are no further disruptive influences in the dressing room and we can concentrate on doing what we do best.