Sign in to follow this  
francis

Congratulations Norwich

Fair play guys you deserve to go up. You blew us away in the 1st half and we had no response. I genuinely wish you all the best for next season mixing it with the big boys. Hopefully we''ll join you in 2016 without having to go through the bloody playoffs! Anyway your fans were fantastic and your team was too. Good luck for next season.

Thanks, Francis. Some of the kn*bs on here gave you a hard time, but the Midsbro fans on the whole were fantastic. The noise coming from your end of the stadium before the match was incredible  and I think our end lost that battle, but once the match got under way, we had all the encouragement we needed to make the noise.  Good luck net season.

lake district canary wrote the following post at 27/05/2015 8:58 AM:

Thanks, Francis. Some of the kn*bs on here gave you a hard time, but the Midsbro fans on the whole were fantastic. The noise coming from your end of the stadium before the match was incredible and I think our end lost that battle, but once the match got under way, we had all the encouragement we needed to make the noise. Good luck net season.

Why do you think we lost the battle of noise?

There was no ''battle of noise'' - the only battle we had was trying unsuccessfully to hear what the hell was being said on the pisspoor tannoy all game long: that is one thing Wembley certainly don''t have right!

As to the rest, the boro fans I encountered seemed a good bunch - as the vast majority of football folk are (even including binners, to be fair, it''s not their fault they were born in the wrong place!); we were the better side on the day, we can only wish them well next season.

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]lake district canary wrote the following post at 27/05/2015 8:58 AM:

Thanks, Francis. Some of the kn*bs on here gave you a hard time, but the Midsbro fans on the whole were fantastic. The noise coming from your end of the stadium before the match was incredible and I think our end lost that battle, but once the match got under way, we had all the encouragement we needed to make the noise. Good luck net season.

Why do you think we lost the battle of noise?[/quote]

It was fairly obvious to me that Boro fans were louder than us before the match - their simple "Midd-les-bor-ough" over and over was powerful and effective. Their spokesman choreographed them well too - he even gave the a 3-2-1 !!    I certainly felt that we were not as of one voice as the crowd the other end seemed to be and our spokesman, whoever it was did not have the same effect - he even had to say "come on you can do better than that" at us.  But as I said, once the match started we were as good and as loud as them - and just got better and better.

As for Daydream Believer - what was that all about? Surely the opportunity for a gargantuan 3-2-1 was missed, which would have been incredible.  I''m no fan of the 321, but of all times when a 321 could have been useful, that was it.

I couldn''t make out a word what Forbesy said on the mic, nor anyone else!

Not sure if it''s the acoustics but down at the grin it was almost impossible to hear, couldn''t hear the refs whistle either!

Watched the match yesterday on the telly and it was much clearer, even sounded like the interviews on the pitch were on the tannoy?

Um, we were clearly louder than Boro during the game

They must have left it all in trail agar square

Source: I was actually there

[quote user="im spartacus"]You really have no idea what daydream believer is all about LDC ? and he did a 3-2-1 but in the style of Norman collier and nobody could hear it [:)][/quote]

Didn''t hear any 321.  As for Daydream Believer, yes it used to get sung, but was never a fan of it.  At Wembley it was just weak.  "Norwich, Super Norwich" would have been more effective, or as I said a big build up to a 321.

Most of the boro fans who came on here pre game, were arrogant dicks. Giving it large and implying the win for them was a foregone conclusion.
 Stop licking round them Lakey.

Cheating b@@@ards I am glad we did them. Now want to take that George friend off their hands and we can have that bamford on loan next year as well

LDC

"As for Daydream Believer - what was that all about? Surely the opportunity for a gargantuan 3-2-1 was missed, which would have been incredible. I''m no fan of the 321, but of all times when a 321 could have been useful, that was it. "

There was a 3,2,1 and everybody, apart from you joined in.

Were you actually there or did you watch it on the telly?

If you have no concept as to why Day Dream Believer was played, well all I can say is plastic.😭

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]LDC

"As for Daydream Believer - what was that all about? Surely the opportunity for a gargantuan 3-2-1 was missed, which would have been incredible. I''m no fan of the 321, but of all times when a 321 could have been useful, that was it. "

There was a 3,2,1 and everybody, apart from you joined in.

Were you actually there or did you watch it on the telly?

If you have no concept as to why Day Dream Believer was played, well all I can say is plastic.😭[/quote]

I don''t like Daydream Believer, never have done and thought it was weak at Wembley.  I thought their guy was excellent - shouted down the miike to get heard and ours was''t. I didn''t  hear any 321 but joined in whenever OTBC was sung of course. B112  was not great to hear the tannoy, maybe where you were, it was better.

I don''t like Daydream Believer, never have done and thought it was weak at Wembley. I thought their guy was excellent - shouted down the miike to get heard and ours was''t. I didn''t hear any 321 but joined in whenever OTBC was sung of course. B112 was not great to hear the tannoy, maybe where you were, it was better.

Maybe you couldn''t hear the tannoy because we were creating so much noise?

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]I don''t like Daydream Believer, never have done and thought it was weak at Wembley. I thought their guy was excellent - shouted down the miike to get heard and ours was''t. I didn''t hear any 321 but joined in whenever OTBC was sung of course. B112 was not great to hear the tannoy, maybe where you were, it was better.

Maybe you couldn''t hear the tannoy because we were creating so much noise?[/quote]

Middsbro fans did their best to drown us out while Forbes was going on and what noise there was at our end seemed to me to be random and nothing to do with what Forbes was saying - mainly because he was so hard to hear.

Agree the tannoy at Wembley was atrocious. Not often heard one quite as bad as that.

Francis, you came on here giving it the big''un last week and defending Boro''s anti-football at Carrow Road. Appreciate that you''ve at least got the decency to be gracious in defeat, as I would like to think the majority of Norwich fans have been gracious enough not to rub Boro''s noses in it. To be fair to Boro, athough the ones who invaded here last week were total bellends, and I have no doubt that they would have continued to post on here being bellends if they had won, but at the ground, most Boro fans were pretty reasonable.

I had several come up to me after the game to congratulate us on promotion. One knobhead saw some of them do it, and starting singing something (on his own) about relegation, but 2 other Boro fans walked past at that point and shut him up with the line "Shut up you f***ing prick, they beat us fair and square" which I thought was pretty classy of them.

But, I disagree with LDC about it being "Kn*bs on here" you were getting stick from. It was pretty reasonable people who didn''t appreciate you coming on here and being a kn0b yourself, and you deserved everything you got last week.

It''s done now and the game has passed so good luck for next season, as long as you play the right way. If you play with same godawful tactics you employed at Carrow Road, then you won''t deserve anything out of the league, and I would hope that''s what you would get.