Sign in to follow this  
CanaryfromtheStates

If John Ruddy Leaves

If Ruddy leaves for Chelsea who would you want to replace him and how much money would you be willing to spend on a replacement? He''s obviously been a key part of the team for the past couple seasons, it would be tough to see him leave.

[quote user="CanaryfromtheStates"]If Ruddy leaves for Chelsea who would you want to replace him and how much money would you be willing to spend on a replacement? He''s obviously been a key part of the team for the past couple seasons, it would be tough to see him leave.[/quote]Now we''re promoted, I doubt very much he''ll leave.

Don''t think he would leave.

If he does then I''d see how Rudd did in the summer, quality keeper just needs games to see how good he is.

Suspect Rob Greem will end up at Chelsea as back up keeper, it''s a great payday for an older keeper. At Ruddy''s age he needs to play week in week out

If John Ruddy was ever to leave, he would have done long before now.

I feel that he has another couple of seasons at the helm before Rudd gets/forces his chance by dint of good performances as stand-in and in various cup games. DR must be appreciated otherwise he would have left the club long before now.

DR won''t be much over twenty five by then, which is often just the right age for a ''keeper to establish himself, although there are exceptions.

''Keepers start later and go on longer.

For as long as I remember, Norwich City has had good goalkeepers as a matter of right. From Nethercott to Kenyon and through to Keelan ... sheer class.

Chris Woods stood out and on to Bryan Gunn. Now John Ruddy, whilst we still have a home-grown England international keeper plying his trade in the PL in Rob Green, whilst Andy Marshall hasn''t done so badly either.

I have a feeling that I''ve left one big name out.

Norwich City FC. Hot bed of goalkeepers. 

If we had not gotten promoted I could of seen it. week in week out in the championship or play every game of the FA cup and maybe get the medal would be a tough choice, but when the option of 38 premier league games a season is open, I would think he''d take his chances at that.

Had we failed to get promoted this season then I reckon we would lose him this summer. The reason he did go last year was because he was furious he didn''t get selected for England''s World Cup squad and wanted to stay to show Hodgson that he was good enough by helping us go straight back up. Now we''re back in the top flight I think he''s going to want to get international call ups again, and needs to be playing regularly get them. If he goes to Stamford Bridge he''ll be on higher wages but would only be a bench warmer there.

Why would he want to leave?

He likes it here and will be getting PL footy and wages again, would be very surprised if he now decided to hop it.

If anyone was to go I guess it may be Declan, whichever way it shakes down he definitely needs to be playing somewhere on a regular basis.

Bit of a tricky one that,

He wont leave, he has been loyal to the club so far and I cant see him wanting to up sticks, move his family just to sit on the Chelsea bench. Chelsea only want him because he will be a "Home grown" player.

That''s why I think Rob a Green will end up there.

He''s English so meets the criteria, he''s had his day, can still do a job, lives in London and would happily I''m sure get paid more just to sit on the bench!

unless a keeper is greedy for money why would any leave to become a number 2 keeper unless they are one already

There is more to life than playing for bigger and more successful clubs. Some players/people have families and locations to think of when changing clubs.

I reckon John Ruddy will be here for the rest of his career.

John Ruddy is Norfolk!

A very good goalie but always susceptible to a crucial mistake due to lack of concentration, just as Green is. Going to Chelsea would ruin him as he needs runs of games to improve his confidence and reliability.

I''m sure he will stay.