Sign in to follow this  
Rock The Boat

Play-off final or Automatics?

So we''ve just had one of the greatest days in our football history.

But if you could choose between automatic promotion or the thrill (and the risk of losing) of playing at Wembley, which would it be?

Play-offs or automatics?

Have said all along that I would rather go up via a Cup Final than coming second any day. There is no guarantee but having suffered Cardiff, I still feel the same way. Champions or Playoffs.

Play off final for atmosphere and one hell of a buzz.

Imagine how disappointing getting promoted away at somewhere like Rotherham (no disrespect) would be, what an anti-climax and only 2-3 thousand fans would get to see it.

Give me 40 thousand at Wembley any time.

However, had we lost you''d take the Rotherham scenario over losing clearly!!

I''d take automatic promotion whilst beating Man U in the FA Cup Final in the same season.I know that really wasn''t the question, but you can f*ck off with it anyway [:)]

I was slaughtered on here for saying we''d miss out on the automatics, even though I stated that we''d have a very decent chance in the playoffs and the prospect of winning a trophy. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I wouldn''t swap second place for one of the best weekends I''ve had in London for years. There was a hardcore buzz that wouldn''t have otherwise been there.

Auto''s for me every time.Having experienced the misery at the Millennium Stadium I would rather have my teeth polished with an angle grinder than go through that again.

It is rather a stupid question. This time we had pretty much everything in our favour. We came into the playoffs with one of the strongest squads in the league off the back off the best form in the league. We then played against a team who were the opposite in both areas followed a final against a team who simply did not turn up on the day.What if it had been us who had just scrapped into the playoffs on goal difference. Knew that all the other three team teams were better. Risked being knocked out in the semis by a titchy club like Brentford. But were then told that the club had the option of avoiding all that and be gauranteed to be in the PL the next season. Guaranteed games at Old Trafford, Anfield and Stamford Bridge. Guaranteed to see some of the finest footballers in the world at Carrow Road. Naa-aah I''ll take my chance over two legs againt a much better Burnley side to see if we can beat another team ! I suppose it does sort out the real supporters from the plastics.

Automatics please. And while we are at it they ought to scrap the whole "Wembley / trophy" experience and have the playoff final be two games, just like the semis.