Sign in to follow this  
unique

Cameron Jerome

I can''t say I thought it at the time, but Grabban''s red card has turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

Jerome''s performances in the last three games have been immense. Amongst some outstanding performances from Tettey and Redmond in particular, I''d have to say that Jerome has been Norwich''s ''Player of the Play-Offs''.

He was totally unplayable yesterday, led the line so very well and caused what was a very good defence no end of problems.

Was rightfully MOTM, but Redmond pushed him very hard for that, although to be honest everyone played their part in what was a fantastic result.

Still buzzing! OTBC!

One thing i''ve also noticed in these play offs is that as soon as the whistle goes at the end of a match the first thing he does is seek out and congratulate the opposition staff. As his finishing and goal celebrations often show, they guy is cooler than a lorry load of refrigerated cucumbers, which seems to translate off the pitch too, where he doesn''t get too hyped up or carried away and thinks first to show his respects to the opposition. He must be a great influence in the dressing room. Really hopeful he can be a force for us in the PL. What a guy. Never ever have known it when we signed him. Credit to Neil Adams for that!

[quote user="a1canary"]

One thing i''ve also noticed in these play offs is that as soon as the whistle goes at the end of a match the first thing he does is seek out and congratulate the opposition staff. As his finishing and goal celebrations often show, they guy is cooler than a lorry load of refrigerated cucumbers, which seems to translate off the pitch too, where he doesn''t get too hyped up or carried away and thinks first to show his respects to the opposition. He must be a great influence in the dressing room. Really hopeful he can be a force for us in the PL. What a guy. Never ever have known it when we signed him. Credit to Neil Adams for that!

[/quote]He may have Wolfie to fight for his place though....

Lol. Blimey, hadn''t we all forgotten about him eh!   What do you suppose will happen? Can AN work his magic on him i wonder!?

[quote user="a1canary"]Lol. Blimey, hadn''t we all forgotten about him eh!   What do you suppose will happen? Can AN work his magic on him i wonder!?[/quote]I would put him behind Hooper and Grabban.Can''t see any other scenario than him just being quietly moved on, maybe back to Portugal, or Holland?

Jerome showed the prem class difference today. His professionalism and game play superb.

His commitment to the cause was demonstrated after that farcical free kick we had just before half time where we passed back instead of attacking, faffed about and left boro with an attacking free kick on our goal. His leadership in lambasting both martin and whittaker for their idiocy and casualness was spoton - it was like having neil on the pitch.

add in playing through his troublesome thigh and that he was missed when he left shows why his experience and intelligence are what we need next season.

As for RvW - I trust Neil to make the right choice - I do not expect him to appear for us again.. But to put it in context he earned more points per appearance and was dropped less often than Hooper.

I was totally nonplussed when we signed Jerome and assumed he would just be a backup, but he''s turned into one of my favourite players this year. Whenever he''s put on media duties his interviews are great, he''s articulate and interesting, and he''s very cool and calm even when scoring (3rd goal against Ipswich was brilliant, both the perfect poke past the keeper and the celebration). Very impressed by the way he dealt with not starting for a few periods during the season as well. BJ still player of the season, but Cam comes close for me personally. We really needed a 20 goals/season striker - I just didn''t think it would be him at the beginning of the season. Very glad that it was, though. I think he''s desperate for another chance to show he can do it in the prem, and Norwich and AN could be the team and manager to help him do that. Hope that works out, but I''ll always be grateful for and respect him for what he''s done in the last year whatever happens.

Anyone who saw the Brentford match at home and have seen Jerome play in recent matches must realise the influence that Alex Neil has had on the player.

Jerome has been excellent of late and must also thank the manager and realise what he has done for him.

If Alex Neil can make such a massive change to a player as he has with Jerome then there may yet be hope for RvW!

Completely agree about his leadership qualities. Cool-headed when needed but doesn''t pull any punches if necessary. He would be an ideal choice for captain in my opinion 

Am impressed by this guy who given a second chance will score goals in the premiership. He has a great turn of pace when needed despite the fact that I still think he is carrying a niggling thigh injury. Noticed he was stretching it a bit on a couple of occasions yesterday. Is a good influence on the pitch and earlier in the season was giving encouragement to younger players such as Murphy. Definitely our best "one man striker".

Cameron and Nathan reminds me a bit of Iwan and Bellamy. I think he is a good role model for Nathan, and he can see his professionalism and work ethic.

Nathan is a good lad though, his effort and performances in the play offs were eye-catching.

Target man-type strikers are often at their peak around 30. I`ve seen the odd comment that we don`t have a Prem quality striker, but I think Jerome is still improving and have no doubts about him next season. Hooper is technically a quality player but badly needs to up his fitness, energy and aggression levels. Grabban is a wild card. I love the way he runs defences ragged and creates space for our excellent midfielders to exploit, but I don`t think he`s proved himself a natural finisher. But again, he is still on an upward curve and this could be his one big chance of Prem. glory so I`d like to see him given a chance.

Everyone had a good game on Monday

However Jerome in my opinion was our best player by some distance  

agree everyone had a good game. Jerome was outstading and Redmond and Whits had their best games.  Second half against Ipswich and first half on Monday were some of the best performances i have  seen from this team.  They certainly saved their best for when it mattered.

He''s gonna have a season similar to Holt''s first in the PL next year. I reckon he''ll hit 12-15 goals next year. Alex Neil isn''t Tony Pulis or Alex McLeish, he will get chances and other players around him will move a lot in attacking positions and he''ll show what he can do, probably missing some sitters along the way the mind you :P

If we''re still doing that club/team captain thing then Jerome should be our no.2

Cameron is my favourite player at the club at the moment, and in a team that contains the likes of Redmond, and the personalities of Johnno, Tettey, Bassong etc, that is saying something.

He has grown in stature as the season has gone on, and I see him as being pretty similar to Holty, in so much as he works incredibly hard, he''s strong, forces mistakes and usually buries chances. He is a lot quicker than Holt though and although not quite as charismatic, he has his own understated style and I like that.

I can see him having a good season next year too to be honest, more so than Grabban or Hooper (or Wolfy?!)

[quote user="kick it off"]Cameron is my favourite player at the club at the moment, and in a team that contains the likes of Redmond, and the personalities of Johnno, Tettey, Bassong etc, that is saying something.

He has grown in stature as the season has gone on, and I see him as being pretty similar to Holty, in so much as he works incredibly hard, he''s strong, forces mistakes and usually buries chances. He is a lot quicker than Holt though and although not quite as charismatic, he has his own understated style and I like that.

I can see him having a good season next year too to be honest, more so than Grabban or Hooper (or Wolfy?!)[/quote]
This^^^ Spot on [Y]

His work rate was exceptional on Monday, completely epitomises Alex Neil''s ethos at Norwich.

Despite his poor experience at prem level, I think he''ll do well next year. He''s improved his game at Norwich, and i don''t think it''s a case of him looking better at a lower level. He''s hitting his peak at the right time, I can see him hitting double figures for us.

I do think Hooper is just as important for next season too. More so than Grabban IMO.

I''m happy to say I was amazed when we were able to sign him for just 1.5m. Does the same job as the legendary Grant Holt but IMO quicker and more powerful. Realistically in the. Prem we''ll need to play 1 up front often and he''d be able to do it, will we be as to sign anyone else who can do it as well?

Can''t fault him - attitude, clever, skilful, nice bloke and not only a great goal scorer but scores great goals. At Wembley, from that angle, was class. And how about that backheel v Forest? Just imagine our season without his contribution - yes the same might be said of any one of our players but for most there is a worthwhile sub as an option. Jerome is in a class of his own IMO. He''s good news. Hope he makes us his home now.

Should have worn a suit and a pair of ray bans for his goal Monday. He''s very calm under pressure. I just hope he can twin it with the dogged tenacity and focus needed for a season in the top flight.